Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Dec 22, 2007, 07:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Rechargeable battery pack not working for 360 controller

I purchased the rechargable battery pack for the xbox 360 around 7 months ago and plugged it in. I just tried to use it and it doesn't work. I received COD4 and wanted to play it some... I guess for now I'll use more AA batteries. Any ideas?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 08:03 PM   #2
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Are you using the battery stand (holds and charges two batteries)? I had a battery acting wonky flashing red in the charging base. I used it a bit in my controller and it went back to normal.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 09:16 PM   #3
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamar View Post
Are you using the battery stand (holds and charges two batteries)? I had a battery acting wonky flashing red in the charging base. I used it a bit in my controller and it went back to normal.
Yes it's that charger. When I put it in there it initially is red for 2 seconds and then turns green. Could I have damaged it by having it in the charger for 7 months before I used it?

edit: I got it to work for around 10 minutes then it died... I'll try recharging it again.

Last edited by guest : Dec 22, 2007 at 10:34 PM.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:57 PM   #4
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

...that is strange; I routinely leave my charged (green) pack in the charger until I feel the need to switch it out with the one in the controller. Granted, it's more like a couple of months but I would assume it would simply stop charging once it reaches full capacity. If you can, grab a friends battery and try it in your charger. If it immediately goes from red to green, I'd chalk it up to a bad charger. Good luck.

Dc

Quote:
If conversation with people that we disagree with becomes impossible, what is the way that we solve conflict?... It's violence. — Bari Weiss, journalist
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:59 PM   #5
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just had this after buying a brand new one from Amazon, Didn't figure it was worth it to return so had to buy another one. It refused to charge so I'm guessing a bad battery pack. Microsoft really needs to get their chit together on their quality control problems. So I'm on my second 360, Returned my Wheel on a recall and also got a malfunctioning battery pack!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote