Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Dec 13, 2007, 05:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default How late does FedEx ship in a day?

My damn package says it's on the truck, and it's 6:46PM and there's been nothing yet. UPS was here already so it's not like the roads are that bad with snow, so where the hell are you FedEx?

X3350 (3.6GHZ)|4GB of GSkill|500GB + 320GB SATA|ECS GTX 580 |Abit IP35 Pro|Windows 7 64 Ultimate

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 05:56 PM   #2
clerick

clerick once held a door open for a complete strangerclerick once held a door open for a complete strangerclerick once held a door open for a complete strangerclerick once held a door open for a complete stranger

My package arrived at 8pm once with FedEx.
clerick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 05:58 PM   #3
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I didn't even think they could go back to the warehouse until the truck was empty, or can they?

I guess there's still a small chance then.

X3350 (3.6GHZ)|4GB of GSkill|500GB + 320GB SATA|ECS GTX 580 |Abit IP35 Pro|Windows 7 64 Ultimate

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:05 PM   #4
clerick

clerick once held a door open for a complete strangerclerick once held a door open for a complete strangerclerick once held a door open for a complete strangerclerick once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I didn't even think they could go back to the warehouse until the truck was empty, or can they?

I guess there's still a small chance then.
Grab a yellow pages and call your cloest fedex and ask them the status of the driver.
clerick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:57 PM   #5
SubCog
Rage3D Spammer

SubCog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySubCog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

yeah, during the holidays, fedex sometimes delivers very late. 8pm is not unheard of.

deskt0p: 3.5ghz fx6300 - Radeon 6850 - 8 gigs memory

lapt0p: HP ENVY dv7-7212nr - 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz core i7 - 8 gigs ram - geforce 650m

Just finished: Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Sonic Generations
Currently playing: Crysis1, UT2k4, Remake Quake

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:08 PM   #6
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I keep getting disconnected or hung up on when I call them

8:10 and still nothing.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:11 PM   #7
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once held a door open for a complete strangerQuickstrike once held a door open for a complete strangerQuickstrike once held a door open for a complete strangerQuickstrike once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I keep getting disconnected or hung up on when I call them

8:10 and still nothing.
I wouldn't expect it to arrive.

Sleep well knowing you will more than likely receive it tomorrow.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 3, 1.0TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC FP2141-SB@1600x1200--109Hz.

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:20 PM   #8
scooterman
M45

scooterman is still being judged by the masses

fedex ground can they can be bitches. I've sat waiting for something that was on truck for delivery. The guy just didn't feel like bringing it by and had the nerve to enter into the system, customer not avalible when it was going to a business which was open. I yelled at fedex a lot.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:24 PM   #9
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
fedex ground can they can be bitches. I've sat waiting for something that was on truck for delivery. The guy just didn't feel like bringing it by and had the nerve to enter into the system, customer not avalible when it was going to a business which was open. I yelled at fedex a lot.
Mine just says it's still on the truck. Wouldn't they update the damn thing if they brought it back to the warehouse? I don't know what the hell it is with me and shipping, but any time MY name is on the shipping it either gets here right at 6PM or it's late and comes some other time. My mom gets **** all the time and UPS is here at 3PM. If I order something and have UPS ship it, it gets here at like the last stop.

I've never had something say "on the truck for delivery" and have it never get here though.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:33 PM   #10
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
My package arrived at 8pm once with FedEx.

I've had that with UPS and FedEx. If it's on the truck, it has always come that day for me though.

That being said, you sure you filled in the address right?
Desktop: Intel Core i7 4770K : 16GB Gskill DDR3 2133 : PNY GeForce GTX 670 : Asrock Z87E-ITX : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Crucial m4 256GB and Samsung 840 240GB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Achieva Shimian QH270 27" LED monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64
Laptop: Acer Travelmate Timeline 8172 : Intel Core i5 470UM : 4GB DDR3 1066 : Intel HD Integrated : Intel HM55 Chipset :
120GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD : 40W Power brick and 6 cell battery : Conexant HD Audio : 11.6" LCD : Windows 7 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600
: Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:41 PM   #11
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
I've had that with UPS and FedEx. If it's on the truck, it has always come that day for me though.

That being said, you sure you filled in the address right?
Yes, I just rechecked my woot order and it says my address.

I swear to god, if it comes tomorrow and they don't leave it because no one was home, I'm going to ****ing erupt on them. It worked out perfectly today because I was off of work, but tomorrow I have to go in.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 08:56 PM   #12
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I got a delivery from UPS tonight at 7.30pm. Usually UPS/Fedex deliver between 4 and 6.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:01 PM   #13
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Well it's definitely not coming tonight. If it's not here tomorrow or they refuse to leave it because no one answers, they're going to be sorry I called.

They can't use the storm as an excuse either, because if UPS made it so could they. Both warehouses are right next to each other.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:16 PM   #14
xCLAVEx
Gone

xCLAVEx is still being judged by the masses

All these posts and nobody asked...what is it that you are going so bonkers at getting?
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:17 PM   #15
ice
Rage3D Spammer

It's a gift for someone who is going somewhere and they leave Saturday.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:20 PM   #16
xCLAVEx
Gone

xCLAVEx is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
It's a gift for someone who is going somewhere and they leave Saturday.
Is it a silver spaceship?
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:32 PM   #17
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Is it a silver spaceship?
It's a buttplug for someone who is going to jail

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:51 PM   #18
LORD-eX-Bu
resident kafir

LORD-eX-Bu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLORD-eX-Bu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

did you get them some lube to go along with that?
LORD-eX-Bu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:54 PM   #19
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Nah they like jamming stuff up their butt as is, no help aid required.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:11 PM   #20
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Nah they like jamming stuff up their butt as is, no help aid required.

It does sound like you got shafted =/
Desktop: Intel Core i7 4770K : 16GB Gskill DDR3 2133 : PNY GeForce GTX 670 : Asrock Z87E-ITX : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Crucial m4 256GB and Samsung 840 240GB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Achieva Shimian QH270 27" LED monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64
Laptop: Acer Travelmate Timeline 8172 : Intel Core i5 470UM : 4GB DDR3 1066 : Intel HD Integrated : Intel HM55 Chipset :
120GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD : 40W Power brick and 6 cell battery : Conexant HD Audio : 11.6" LCD : Windows 7 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600
: Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:25 AM   #21
Tyler582
Rage3D Veteran

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

those currier companies usually come around my place at 4ish, daily.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 05:00 AM   #22
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

of your package

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 05:04 AM   #23
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Ryoko is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
of your package
i'm gonna start calling you lumpyhed shortly...
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 05:58 AM   #24
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoko View Post
i'm gonna start calling you lumpyhed shortly...

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 09:07 AM   #25
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Just checked the tracking and they just left it at my door. Damn driver must have gotten lazy, they never get here at 10AM so it must have been his first stop. Hopefully no one steals it.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:09 AM   #26
SteadVéx
Rage3D Veteran

SteadVéx is still being judged by the masses

I can say, working as a courier, we are allowed to deliver until 9pm, otherwise we have to go the next day.

Also if we have any left over parcels, if they are in the area we deliver to we keep it in the truck/car/van overnight or take it inside, nothing gets taken back to the depot unless we have attempted 3 times or the address cannot be found, although some courier companies only make one attempt then take it back and the customer has to pick it up them selves or have them pay to re-deliver, which I personally think is very bad.

I've had a postman post a note thru my door saying 'i've attempted a delivery, but no one was in', on my way out in the morning, I was gobsmacked, He didn't even have the parcel on him, he left it at the depot as he didn't think i'd be in, I had to go and pick it up the next day, if you take the card with the same date as its delivered they just send you away in the royal mail depot by me, anyways can't complain i get paid to deliver stuff i've ordered to myself, I love that!
SteadVéx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:12 AM   #27
Matrix0507
Scootable Catalyst

Matrix0507 is still being judged by the masses

Are you very excited for your propeller beanie?

"Face it kid, Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something significant."

~Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_fhs
1 simple thread by Matrix started this nonsense?
Matrix0507 is offline   Reply With Quote