Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Sep 28, 2007, 01:33 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Default Eye of Judgement

So, I'm trying to size up any potential competition...are my fellow ps3 owners ready to take this online ?

Dc

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25692.html
Old Sep 28, 2007, 02:58 AM   #2
dark_preacher
Rage3D Veteran

Location: United States i'm no hero. never was. never will be.
dark_preacher is still being judged by the masses

i'll definately be getting it but i doubt i'll play online it sounds like way to big a hastle.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 04:09 AM   #3
DaMack
Rage3D Veteran

DaMack is still being judged by the masses

Damn thats pretty sweet.
DaMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 28, 2007, 04:12 AM   #4
DrWorm
REMAIN INDOORS

DrWorm is still being judged by the masses

Looks like a pretty good idea. I'm just concerned about the amount of money it will bleed from me buying more and more cards!

Will it have more interaction from the user? Or is it just making the card game 'come to life' on screen?

DrWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 04:32 AM   #5
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWorm View Post
Looks like a pretty good idea. I'm just concerned about the amount of money it will bleed from me buying more and more cards!

Will it have more interaction from the user? Or is it just making the card game 'come to life' on screen?
Most likely as you indicate, "making the card game com to life". Sorta trying to pull some of the Magic: the Gathering crowd I think. Be worth it to me just as a running demo for friends .

Dc
Old Sep 28, 2007, 04:35 AM   #6
DaMack
Rage3D Veteran

I got a bad feeling if you bought this you'd be buying cards for a long time to play the game.

This game could be a hit though around here the youngsters love to buy Pokemon cards, Football cards and other trading cards and then playing games to win them etc.

When this game comes out one market it's already won is Japan.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 05:23 AM   #7
SirBaron
Rage3D Spammer

SirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled with

I'd get it... but if you got more cards how would the game know what they are?

Not only that they probably wouldn't even sell cards here. EVEN that i'd be surprised if the game even came out here
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 09:22 AM   #8
YellowBeard
is not amused.

YellowBeard knows why the caged bird singsYellowBeard knows why the caged bird singsYellowBeard knows why the caged bird singsYellowBeard knows why the caged bird singsYellowBeard knows why the caged bird sings

I dunno. Has anyone heard how the camera can tell between an actual card and just a print out from the internet? I haven't kept up on it at all, but there just seems this large window for exploitation.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:22 PM   #9
Unicron
Rage3D Veteran

Unicron is still being judged by the masses

There was a Sony blog posting on this game not long ago.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...e-of-judgment/

There were lots of great questions out there, and we thought it would be good to do a quick recap of the “5 things you don’t know” about THE EYE OF JUDGMENT.

1. There is only one “E” in JUDGMENT
First off, not to sound like a middle school teacher, but I wanted to clarify the proper spelling of the word “JUDGMENT”. Notice that there is no “E” after “JUDG”. With apologies to our UK gamers, this is the correct spelling - according to Wikipedia (and no this definition wasn’t doctored by me or other SCE employee’s…figured I’d beat some of you to that snipe).

2. Pricing = $69.99
Yep, you’ve heard it here first. The SRP for THE EYE OF JUDGMENT software bundle in the US is $69.99. The bundle includes the following:
• THE EYE OF JUDGMENT software (disc case, manual, Blu-ray disc)
• PLAYSTATION Eye camera
• Judgment (camera) stand
• 9 Fields Battle Mat
• (1) Starter deck (includes 30 Summoning Cards + 4 Function Cards)
• (1) Booster pack (includes 8 randomly inserted Summoning Cards with one guaranteed to be rare or ultra rare)

Additionally, Summoning Cards will be sold separately in the form of Booster Packs and pre-constructed Theme Decks, available by Wizards of the Coast.
• Booster Pack: SRP = $3.75
• Pre-constructed Theme Deck: SRP = $14.99 (Five different Theme Decks available. Each fully playable and include a bonus Summoner’s Companion book with background, play tips and card lists)

3. Availability
THE EYE OF JUDGMENT will ship to North American stores on 10/23 to sync with a global launch by the end of October. With a global rollout, gamers on the PLAYSTATION Network will be able to battle against fellow EOJ players from around the world.

4. Expansion Packs
The October launch of THE EYE OF JUDGMENT and its Summoning Cards introduces the first in a long series of card sets available for play. Stay tuned for further announcements on upcoming expansion packs and new Summoning Cards. Each new set will consist of more powerful creatures and spells to introduce new strategies and gameplay mechanics to refresh the EOJ gaming experience.

5. Online cheating
The most popular question we’ve heard revolves around online cheating. Mainly, “What’s going to prevent players from ‘stacking the deck’ when playing online?” – meaning, cheating your card draw so you get your best cards from the start. Fortunately, THE EYE OF JUDGMENT introduces a new paradigm in drawing cards when playing against your opponents online. First, you’ll have to register and save your Summoning Deck, offline. Then, when logged on, you select the Summoning Deck you wish to play. Once paired up with your opponent, the PS3 will automatically shuffle and randomly pull your cards for you. Once these cards are selected, you must pull these cards from your ‘physical’ deck and draw them to your hand and play the Summoning Cards on the Battle Mat, as normal.

This really isn't my kind of game so I'll pass.

Kudos to Sony for trying something different though
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:25 PM   #10
DaMack
Rage3D Veteran

Uhmm 70 dollars.

Not too shabby but then again it's not like the game cost millions to develop or the cards cost a fortune to print.

I guess if it's your kind of game then it's a good buy but I bet that will put some people off.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 01:08 PM   #11
DrWorm
REMAIN INDOORS

DrWorm is still being judged by the masses

With only that level of interaction I think I'd tire of it quickly, I like collectable card games but only for the cards not really a fan of playing too often.

Saying that if the price is right if and when it gets released over here (one shop has it released in 3 weeks) I might be tempted just for the originality. I 'd also be interested to know what else the camera will be used for in future games.

DrWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 01:18 PM   #12
DaMack
Rage3D Veteran

If the camera can be re-used then it's a bargain.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 01:23 PM   #13
Unicron
Rage3D Veteran

Unicron is still being judged by the masses

There's like 4-5 PSN titles planned for this year that use the camera that I've heard of.

One of them is that fish tank screensaver so it's a stretch to call it a 'game'.

The only full blown titles that use it that I've heard of are Singstar and Burnout 5. And you could technically use any USB camera (even the Xbox one lol).
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 01:28 PM   #14
DaMack
Rage3D Veteran

How would you use the camera in those games?

Is there any info or trailers or anything?

Sony had a lot of interesting ideas at the beginning and they were talking about a 720p eyetoy as well, they had face scanning and all that.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 03:25 PM   #15
Osirus
Rage3D Veteran

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

yeah the camera can be reused, thats the new eyetoy, the PSeye.

the fishtank think looked kinda neat.

thers a short glimps of it on one of the PS3 network trailers.

Is a screensaver that makes your tv look like a fish tank.

but witht he camera if you walk up to the tv, you can see your reflection in the glass of the tank, and i think you can move your arms and stuff and the fish will follow, get scared ect..
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 01:32 AM   #16
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Relating...wasen't there a vid circulating awhile back where you could use the PS3eye to like swap hairstyles, piercings, etc. onto your camera captured face? It was circulating in Japan if I'm not mistaken but there were some initial thought it might be a hoax? Anyhoo...

Dc
Old Sep 29, 2007, 02:39 AM   #17
Renocide
Rage3D Veteran

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

So why have a physical deck if the system stores your deck for you and draws the card for you?

Why not just leave it all online and play?
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 04:24 AM   #18
Hatecrime69
Rage3D Veteran

Hatecrime69 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renocide View Post
So why have a physical deck if the system stores your deck for you and draws the card for you?

Why not just leave it all online and play?
cause then they couldn't charge you $3.95 for about $0.50 worth of ink and paper

the game looks interesting in concept, but one of those things that i'm not so sure of in practice
Hatecrime69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 08:08 AM   #19
DaMack
Rage3D Veteran

That would defeat the purpose of the game in the first place.

This could be interesting for Sony theyr doing something that isn't already on the PC like Nintendo are with the Wii.

It makes you actually want to purchase a console when you have something that isn't done better on the PC.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:21 PM   #20
Renocide
Rage3D Veteran

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMack View Post
That would defeat the purpose of the game in the first place.

This could be interesting for Sony theyr doing something that isn't already on the PC like Nintendo are with the Wii.

It makes you actually want to purchase a console when you have something that isn't done better on the PC.
It IS done better on the PC.

Magic: The Gathering Online is one of about a million card games on the PC. The only thing missing is physical cards and a camera.

This is just extra work to do something you can simply do on a PC. Getting out the "board", setting up your camera, setting out the cards, etc. etc.

Then you tell it to "draw" your next cards. It tells you. THEN you have to flip threw your deck until you come up with the card it's telling you to find. Great. I wonder if you ever get a "draw 4" type of option. That's alot of hunting and pecking for nothing.

There's GOT to be something more to this game...
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 09:34 AM   #21
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

i just started mtg ... and i think after buying the game 9.99 and 15 tokens 5.01 ... that will be the end

theres something nostalgic about playing te actual cards ... the online version just doesnt cut it

ill play my tokens in some tourneys and then give whatever i have left to my friends that do play online.

i did find a gaming shop in my area that has magic tourneys ... im gonna hit up a sealed deck or a booster shuffle tourney ... but i need to be very mindful not to get back into it as hardcore as when i left at iceages

i can see myself paying for this game ... just because im a sucker
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote