Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:50 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Default Natural highs

Got this in an e-mail.

Quote:
Natural Highs
Think about the following "natural highs" one at a time before going on
to
the next one.
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer - also sheets & pillowcases just
taken
off the line outside.
11. Seeing and hearing ocean waves crashing in the distance.
12. A bubble bath.
13. Giggling.
14. A good conversation.
15 The taste of homemade ice cream.
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they love you.
19. The touch of a baby's hand on your cheek.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. The tart crispness of an apple picked right off the tree.
22. The sound of someone we love laughing.
23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS
25. The taste and smell of chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the
oven.
26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
27. The way the air feels after a spring rain.
28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
29. Playing with a new puppy or kitten.
30. A rainbow.
31. Sweet dreams.
32. Hot chocolate.
33. Road trips with friends.
34. Swinging on swings.
35. The scent of bread baking.
36. The sight of rolling green hills.
37. The clip-clopping of horse's hooves.
38. Holding hands with someone you care about.
39. The smell of fresh-cut grass.
40. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much
desired
present from you.
41. Watching the sunrise.
42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another
beautiful day.
43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
45. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people
think.
Found it interesting and mostly true.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:52 PM   #2
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Spinning in a circle REALLY REALLY FAST, and then stopping!

breathe super deep for a few minutes?

Those just make you lightheaded though I guess.

lulz
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:53 PM   #3
Ghastlyone
Radeon Southern Islands

Ghastlyone is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
So true. But it sucks when you go back to sleep after, then over-sleeping and being late for work
Ghastlyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:59 PM   #4
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

actually I find 26 to suck major arse.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:25 PM   #5
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Climbing/Hicking a mountain and reaching the top!

Nothing compairs... Well, mostly nothing
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:38 PM   #6
phial
no things

Creating a deep bond with family is the one I am focusing on right now. Life takes on a new meaning
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:45 PM   #7
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
Spinning in a circle REALLY REALLY FAST, and then stopping!

breathe super deep for a few minutes?

Those just make you lightheaded though I guess.

lulz
Similarly, when you're lying or sitting down for a while then you get up too fast and you get this insane rush feeling in your head. It's actually kind of cool. Not sure if anyone else experiences this every now and then.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:49 PM   #8
Ghastlyone
Radeon Southern Islands

Ghastlyone is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Similarly, when you're lying or sitting down for a while then you get up too fast and you get this insane rush feeling in your head. It's actually kind of cool. Not sure if anyone else experiences this every now and then.
Yeah.....usually when I jump up out of bed from over sleeping.
Ghastlyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:02 PM   #9
phial
no things

Yea everyone gets headrushes sometimes
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:08 PM   #10
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by phial View Post
Creating a deep bond with family is the one I am focusing on right now. Life takes on a new meaning
oh how so true ... so true
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:16 PM   #11
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Getting a raise without asking for one.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:16 PM   #12
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.

I'm kinda grumpy and when something or someone can make me laugh hard it's a real boost.

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:19 PM   #13
cjl64
The Mod has you....

cjl64 is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Orthostatic Hypotension

Also... if you need mod assistance please pm cjl64 for speedy results. :D
cjl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:45 PM   #14
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:54 PM   #15
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
Getting a raise without asking for one.
I got a phone call today...

2 bucks an hour and slight promotion.

It was quite nice lol.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:31 AM   #16
cjl64
The Mod has you....

Subscriber

Quote:
NP, when i was in x-ray school this was a big one to remember because it is common for people that have been on the x-ray table for a while to get up fast, they tend to get dizzy and fall. No hospital wants to answer to lawyers for letting a patient fall.

Old Jul 17, 2007, 01:19 AM   #17
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by phial View Post
I had that bond with my mom. Then one day she's gone...no warning, no good-byes, no preparation. Just...gone.

Cherish any bond with a member of your family you have as you might not get another chance. I am living proof of this very harsh lesson unfortuneately.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
Old Jul 17, 2007, 01:21 AM   #18
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post

It was quite nice lol.
You get payed only $2 an hour?

~George Carlin

Old Jul 17, 2007, 01:22 AM   #19
phial
no things

Thanks alot for that wisdom xclave. I often fail but I try to.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 01:24 AM   #20
cjl64
The Mod has you....

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I had that bond with my mom. Then one day she's gone...no warning, no good-byes, no preparation. Just...gone.

Cherish any bond with a member of your family you have as you might not get another chance. I am living proof of this very harsh lesson unfortuneately.
I have always had a great relationship with my parents. I was never grounded.. we never fought.. and I was never the kind of kid that "knew more" than his parents. I learned from them and what they experienced in life and tried to improve it for myself. I love them both very much and they are proud of me. I usually visit friends on the weekend.. but no matter what.. if its a day or just 5 hours.... i will make it my point to stop and and see them.

EDIT: I know its not a good idea to think way into the future, But it really hurts me to think in 20 years they will be rather old since they are in their 50's now. I just hate the idea of them getting old and leaving. I mean its one thing for myself to get old.... but I just hate the idea of my parents getting older.

Old Jul 17, 2007, 01:25 AM   #21
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post

It was quite nice lol.
Definitely is. My boss just gave me a $2 raise/hr as well. It helps, especially since most folks have been taking care of their pets as of late, and business has been a little slow. Which is both great but a bit of a bummer, because I get paid by caseload wages, not just for being at work.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 08:11 AM   #22
Matrix0507
Scootable Catalyst

Matrix0507 is still being judged by the masses

Seeing your girlfriend for the first time in 6 weeks...sigh...4 more days...
Originally Posted by gaurav_fhs
1 simple thread by Matrix started this nonsense?
Matrix0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:05 AM   #23
renob
Radeon R600

renob is still being judged by the masses

i dont get high off any of those

c-99 however...
renob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:04 AM   #24
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

1. Making $1800 bonus in 8 hours.
2. Butterflies that a hot girl gives me.
3. Running in the well at 130,000 ft/hr with a 6m HSD gun.
switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:35 AM   #25
chew
no

chew is still being judged by the masses

so damn true, good list.
chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:58 AM   #26
Spitzfiya
Radeon Evergreen

Spitzfiya is still being judged by the masses

Smoking some good natural MJ?
Spitzfiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 05:14 PM   #27
mbeeston
Azure Tenebrae

mbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete stranger

technicly weed and alcohol are natural highs
"Intelligence has nothing to do with politics." - ambassador muwlari
" when somethings weird and it don't look good, who do you think it is? GHOST NAPPA"
mbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 05:43 PM   #28
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Taking a crap should be on the list too. One of the few things I look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:02 PM   #29
lukebuz
I'm Mad!!!!!

lukebuz is still being judged by the masses

Here is a good, legal high:
when your 2 liter of coke, pepsi, or mountain dew is empty...don't leave the cap off. Put it back on until your ready...
Then, exhale ALL of your air (important), then suck in all of the air inside the bottle, and hold for 10 seconds.
W_H_O_A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just try not to poop your pants...
lukebuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:49 PM   #30
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebuz View Post
Here is a good, legal high:
when your 2 liter of coke, pepsi, or mountain dew is empty...don't leave the cap off. Put it back on until your ready...
Then, exhale ALL of your air (important), then suck in all of the air inside the bottle, and hold for 10 seconds.
W_H_O_A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just try not to poop your pants...
But is it a safe legal high? I got a closed empty bottle of cola on the counter right now

Btw, i just took a crap. Goosepimples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote