Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Jun 30, 2007, 02:28 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Blasphemer
Rage3D Veteran

Blasphemer is still being judged by the masses

Default Dr Who Last Episode

What a load of rubbish, predictable, annoying crap.
RTD should be removed and barred from writing any more episodes.
I'm sick of the big red reset button he always uses at the end of each series.

Pathetic.
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 03:20 PM   #2
cbsboyer
Rage3D Veteran

cbsboyer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultycbsboyer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

IMHO, they shouldn't have tried to revive it after the writers killed it the first time. They just couldn't get the feel right with Colin Baker and I just stopped watching when they went with Sylvester McCoy because I couldn't stand the way he ended up knowing everything in advance...and the character was just terrible.

cbsboyer

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 05:22 PM   #3
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth can recite pi backwardsPirate Neilsouth can recite pi backwardsPirate Neilsouth can recite pi backwardsPirate Neilsouth can recite pi backwardsPirate Neilsouth can recite pi backwardsPirate Neilsouth can recite pi backwardsPirate Neilsouth can recite pi backwards

Dr who last episode? , wohoo!!

No more please
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 30, 2007, 07:32 PM   #4
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

are you joking? this season was best one so far of the "new series", didnt think much of the big reset or the titanic shits tho.

and not the last episode, usual xmas special and then season 30/4 next year
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 07:58 PM   #5
Lunar Wolf
arr ye scurvy noobs!!1

Lunar Wolf is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post
What a load of rubbish, predictable, annoying crap.
RTD should be removed and barred from writing any more episodes.
I'm sick of the big red reset button he always uses at the end of each series.

Pathetic.
agreed, i hate any show that makes everything you watched up to that point never happen, or it was a dream, time causality fruit loop or whatever...

I also hate the way the tables turn on the bad guy by the good guy turning into some godlike being and snapping their fingers, did that the last time with Billy Piper and again this time, and all the people of earth singing cum-by-yar totally lame.
Lunar Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 09:46 PM   #6
Dark_Swordmaster
Rage3D Veteran

Dark_Swordmaster can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDark_Swordmaster can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Without spoilers:

What are you talking about? Is this 3rd season? Cuz we haven't gotten it stateside yet.

Or are you talking about the end of the 2nd season? Cuz yeah, that was pretty laim.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 02:31 AM   #7
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

I just want to know who the new companion will be. THe point of the show is the doctors development, reactions, and that of his companion, the stories are there to entertain.

Dark, he's talking about the third season. It just ended over in Britain.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 05:00 AM   #8
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOzzieBloke kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Eccleston was a far deeper, better Doctor than Tennant can ever be. I've just started watching the third season here in Oz, and already I'm seeing far too many moments that just seem to be rehashing what was done in the first season.

And why so many Earth-centric stories? Earth, the past. Earth, the present. Earth, the future. Earth, an alternate dimension. Earth's moon. For crying out aloud, how about actually spending a bit of the budget on sets for stories that aren't on Earth? There's an entire universe out there. It's a TARDIS. Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. Not Trapped Again Running Dumbly In Sutton.
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 06:26 AM   #9
Nazgul
Rage3D Veteran

Nazgul is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
I just want to know who the new companion will be.
It's not 100% confirmed that Martha won't be back next season. They certainly left the door open for her to return if they want. According to the head producer, there will be important news about the character's future on the show released to the news on Monday.
"The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter. 'Old fool!' he said. 'Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!' And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade."
Nazgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 07:33 AM   #10
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

i got the impression she was back next season, shes just not going to be in the xmas special, shes 1000x better then billie piper thats for sure.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 07:35 AM   #11
Lunar Wolf
arr ye scurvy noobs!!1

Quote:
I just want to know who the new companion will be.
Posh Spice
Old Jul 1, 2007, 08:59 AM   #12
Deaderinred
Banned

actually.. a pop star couldn't be further from the truth

apparently Kylie Minogue is in the xmas speicial as a companion.

Quote:
The speculation is true. Kylie Minogue is set to star in the hit British sci-fi show "Doctor Who."

The pop superstar does confirm her going to appear on the show, saying, "Yes...my gay husband (stylist, William Baker) is so excited about it! But I'm not going to play a villain."

While no further details being made public, it is widely believed that Kylie has been set to star in the forthcoming "Doctor Who" Christmas Special.
gay husband..

and Woody Allen is playing Albert Einstein next season, confirmed.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:04 AM   #13
Lunar Wolf
arr ye scurvy noobs!!1

surely you didn't think i was serious?
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:15 AM   #14
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Wolf View Post
surely you didn't think i was serious?
er no.

read my post again and maybe click the spoiler tab.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:28 AM   #15
Lunar Wolf
arr ye scurvy noobs!!1

Kylie!!! WOOT
Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:59 AM   #16
Blasphemer
Rage3D Veteran

Blasphemer is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
Eccleston was a far deeper, better Doctor than Tennant can ever be. I've just started watching the third season here in Oz, and already I'm seeing far too many moments that just seem to be rehashing what was done in the first season.

And why so many Earth-centric stories? Earth, the past. Earth, the present. Earth, the future. Earth, an alternate dimension. Earth's moon. For crying out aloud, how about actually spending a bit of the budget on sets for stories that aren't on Earth? There's an entire universe out there. It's a TARDIS. Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. Not Trapped Again Running Dumbly In Sutton.
I agree, i'm sick of the Earth based stories, too static, its got the whole of the universe and the whole of time, yet its all based in London (Cardiff really, keep an eye out for buses, they have welsh liverys) and Cardiff, strangely enough. How about some other planets, other races, monsters. Good stuff like that. And why does everyone want to be Prime Minister? And all the "Aliens" seem to be based on Earth animals. A lack of imagination there.
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 06:30 PM   #17
biggerC
Rage3D Veteran

biggerC is still being judged by the masses

i liked the episode, liked the ending where the Doctor forgave the Master, the possibility of Martha's return, and Captain Jack's revelation that he may be the Face of Boe, the oldest creature ever to have lived.

Tennant is a great Doctor: funny, irreverent, compassionate, and also serious and sometimes vengeful. you don't want piss him off.

Martha is back for season 4: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...02/46692.shtml

Last edited by biggerC : Jul 2, 2007 at 06:40 PM.
biggerC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 01:25 PM   #18
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerC View Post
only for the later half tho, theres still another new companion that is there for the full season.

her 4 torchwood eps should be interesting.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 01:26 PM   #19
Lunar Wolf
arr ye scurvy noobs!!1

Is it the Pizza girl?
Old Jul 5, 2007, 04:32 PM   #20
Deaderinred
Banned

and the new companion is revealed and horror comes to my face.

Quote:
Comedian Catherine Tate is to play Doctor Who's new companion, reprising her role from the 2006 Christmas special, the BBC has announced.
She will join David Tennant for the complete 13-week run of the new series of Doctor Who, which is due to begin filming in Cardiff later this month.

Freema Agyeman, who played the Doctor's companion Martha Jones in the third series, will return mid-series.

Kylie Minogue will also be starring in this year's Christmas special.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...who_tate.shtml

god damnit, i cant her character from the last special, she reminds me so much of typical english wenches that i oh so hate with a fiery passion, why cant they just keep martha going full time damnit, hell ied rather have billy pipper back then that donna bint.

i would of much preferred sally sparrow from the Blink episode

or maybe someone that isnt from 21st century earth.

Last edited by Deaderinred : Jul 5, 2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 04:50 PM   #21
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
and the new companion is revealed and horror comes to my face.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...who_tate.shtml

god damnit, i cant her character from the last special, she reminds me so much of typical english wenches that i oh so hate with a fiery passion, why cant they just keep martha going full time damnit, hell ied rather have billy pipper back then that donna bint.

i would of much preferred sally sparrow from the Blink episode

or maybe someone that isnt from 21st century earth.
Yesterday the BBC announced that Kylie Minogue will be joining the Doctor Who cast in a major lead role in an hour-long Christmas special to be broadcast in December 2007.
Isn't this person worse than Catherine Tate?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 04:53 PM   #22
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Yesterday the BBC announced that Kylie Minogue will be joining the Doctor Who cast in a major lead role in an hour-long Christmas special to be broadcast in December 2007.
no, at least kylie is hot.

but im talking more about the character of "donna" then tate herself.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 05:04 PM   #23
Lunar Wolf
arr ye scurvy noobs!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Don't disrespect Kylie!!!

Old Jul 5, 2007, 05:04 PM   #24
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Good. I liked her character. I hate marthas name, and she is headstrong to the umph degree. This girl at least knows how to learn, and seems intelligent.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 05:29 PM   #25
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
and seems intelligent.
you must of seen an alternate reality uncut version then.

i dunno, i'll wait and see how she plays it properly.. at least martha isnt gone for good and is showing up in torchwood, thats something i guess.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:57 PM   #26
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
you must of seen an alternate reality uncut version then.

i dunno, i'll wait and see how she plays it properly.. at least martha isnt gone for good and is showing up in torchwood, thats something i guess.
At the beginning, she was just frightened and trying to deal with being thrust into a situation out of this world. By the end, her intelligence started showing through.