Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:26 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
dark_preacher
Rage3D Veteran

Location: United States i'm no hero. never was. never will be.
dark_preacher is still being judged by the masses

Default motorstorm gets a buddy list this friday...

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/774/774900p1.html

Quote:
US, March 21, 2007 - Though Evolution Studios' off-road racer MotorStorm has only been out for a couple of weeks, there are already plans to make additions to it. Starting Friday, March 23, Sony will release a brand new in-game Buddy List to coincide with the European launch date.

The list itself will be available as a downloadable patch that's activated automatically when users log in (followed by a quick reboot). Once installed, the update will add a "Buddies" line to the boot screen located underneath the "Play" icon. Your online friends and their current status will be viewable from this hub, and if your friends are online, they can be directly linked through the MotorStorm list.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:28 PM   #2
Osirus
Rage3D Veteran

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nice.
I look forward to racing with you's.
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:29 PM   #3
dark_preacher
Rage3D Veteran

well i have all the tickets up till about the mid of level 3 completed so i don't have quite all the unlocks but i've got some sweet rides.

you gotta watch my bike skills.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:16 PM   #4
Osirus
Rage3D Veteran

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

My save was corrupted.. so as of now i have nothing unlocked.. lol

But thats ok, I will pwn you all in my Pink buggy lol First time i used it .. i won.. after a bunch of races without winning i piked the pick buggy (wombat typhoon i think) again and ... i won again!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:08 PM   #5
Clockwork
Rage3D Spammer

Clockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete strangerClockwork once held a door open for a complete stranger

This is a much needed feature and I am glad to see they are finally implementing it. I look forward to racing you guys!
"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:15 PM   #6
dark_preacher
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osirus View Post
My save was corrupted.. so as of now i have nothing unlocked.. lol

But thats ok, I will pwn you all in my Pink buggy lol First time i used it .. i won.. after a bunch of races without winning i piked the pick buggy (wombat typhoon i think) again and ... i won again!
jester bxr 4 life.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:24 AM   #7
dark_preacher
Rage3D Veteran

so apparently this is a part of 1.6 firmware and will allow any game coded with this in mind to access the xmb buddy list.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:39 AM   #8
Osirus
Rage3D Veteran

Well thats even better.

They said they would have this at launch as i remember them pausing game demos and accessing the XMB.

Also that weird Cat game demo in the japan store.. (I have no idea what its called, in Japanese) I found it off that during the game it will access the internet browser and pull it up over the game..
Now if that can access XMB functions while in game, why cant other games..
Theres a few things that need to be improved there.
Like when im surfing the net.. sure i can browse the XMB and go through my pictures... but if i want to open a pic, i have to close the browser window.. thats crap.. or i can see i have a new messsage, but i have to close the browser to read it..

I Hope thats fixed/changed
Old Mar 22, 2007, 03:17 AM   #9
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

badboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_preacher View Post
so apparently this is a part of 1.6 firmware and will allow any game coded with this in mind to access the xmb buddy list.
so its not just for motorstorm its for every game that supports it?
so you can see who is playing what and so on?

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 08:29 PM   #10
monkeydust
Rage3D Spammer

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

You can already see which of your friends are online and what games they are playing. How does this differ?

I still need more practice on MotorStorm before I embarras myself in front of youz.
EVGA GTX 670 SC
Intel G2 160GB & 120GB & 240GB SSD
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 08:34 PM   #11
Osirus
Rage3D Veteran

I believe it means your friends list will now be available while inside motorstorm, and you can invite your friends to play with you
Old Mar 22, 2007, 09:02 PM   #12
dark_preacher
Rage3D Veteran

yeah, the 1.60 firmware now supports viewing your friendslist inside the game but only if the game is patched to take advantage of it.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 09:08 PM   #13
monkeydust
Rage3D Spammer

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

So, can you say join whatever race this person is in?
EVGA GTX 670 SC
Intel G2 160GB & 120GB & 240GB SSD
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 09:17 PM   #14
dark_preacher
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
So, can you say join whatever race this person is in?
i guess we'll find out for certain tomorrow.