Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 8, 2007, 09:23 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I can find a specific thing in no time because I just know where everything is.
Ha-ha! So you ARE organized! You live in an organized chaos!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 09:30 PM   #32
ThirdEye
Jesus Crisis

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Ha-ha! So you ARE organized! You live in an organized chaos!
Exactly. When typing up the reply, the words chaos and chaotic came to mind, now I know why.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 09:32 PM   #33
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

if you seen my place, you would think someone with mental illness lived here. but its only because i live alone, and i have no reason to impress myself. i know where my **** is buried if i want it, and i have more interesting things to do ... now if i live with someone else, or if im in a public area , im anal about it, because i sort of get repulsed by having other peoples greasy fingers on the keyboards at work for example... my own keyboard, fine, again its just mine, but if its one i know im going to be sharing, ill make sure i wash my hands first because i would expect the same in return
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:29 PM   #34
soylent
Hufu

soylent is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by compunoob View Post
He never makes his bed.
Making your bed is a non-beneficial cosmetic thing. It's a waste of time that could be spent doing something useful like sleeping, working or having a little more spare time.

Quote:
He never puts away his laundry (it just stays in piles on the floor and or all over his bed). Beer bottles just sitting around, dishes he ate off of sitting around.
Apart from dirty dishes, which are a pain in the arse to clean if you let them dry, this is more effective. It's just deferring work into a future batch of work that incurs less overhead(e.g. one trip to the bathroom or wherever the laundry machine/hamper, one trip to the recycling station with all those beer bottles).

Quote:
Is it there way of having control over something in there life? Is it just that they dont want to be like there parents?
Is it causing any problems other than mutual annoyance?

Quote:
Why is it people just dont want to be clean sometimes?
Esthetical slobbiness(E.g. not showering daily. Which is purely esthetical because showering too much is not helpful and actually disease causing.) which is very much subject to questioning or objectively unhealthy slobbiness(e.g. not brushing your teeth or not washing your hands before touching your eyes, mouth, food etc. after being out in the public in close proximity to a bunch of random people.)?

Precautions:
Keep locked up. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust. Avoid contact with eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing. If ingested,
seek medical advice immediately and show the container or the label. Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing
agents, acids.
soylent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 11:53 PM   #35
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by soylent View Post
Making your bed is a non-beneficial cosmetic thing. It's a waste of time that could be spent doing something useful like sleeping, working or having a little more spare time.
Exactly! thats where the reasoning behind my last post comes from

its good to see another logical human once in a while.

edit: Hey Kagtoof, I see you lurking :P. are you a neat freak? for some reason I can picture you being one...
Old Mar 8, 2007, 11:57 PM   #36
ThirdEye
Jesus Crisis

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

What's this rep you gave me phial Right back at you >:/
Old Mar 9, 2007, 12:05 AM   #37
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by phial View Post
Exactly! thats where the reasoning behind my last post comes from

its good to see another logical human once in a while.

edit: Hey Kagtoof, I see you lurking :P. are you a neat freak? for some reason I can picture you being one...
Actually, I've found that making sure the sheets and coverings are fully extended allows them to aerate themselves. When there are folds in the sheets and blankets, the folds trap smell, moisture, etc. So, if you really want to bring efficacy into the argument, shaking the sheets on your bed and your pillow after you wake up and extending them over your bed to minimize folds is most efficient.

On the plus side, you don't have to make your bed in the traditional sense. You can stop at extending your sheets and shaking your pillow woo woo. This extends the life of your sheets and blankets, saves washing water, detergent, the environment, etc.

So extending the sheets, shaking them, and the pillow is a happy compromise between not making your bed, and making an immaculate traditional bed.

2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance... it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 01:51 AM   #38
Hordsak
Radeon Sea Islands

Hordsak is still being judged by the masses

Secondly, it would be more amicable to omit 'OFN' and like phrases which appear to carry some sort of inter-pragmatic content designed to be offensive, jarring, chastising, or otherwise infelicitous in a manner contextually relevant. If it's just that it's old or old news to you, go find something else to read.
Any Violators of Filburts rule will be reported by me.
Hordsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 06:00 AM   #39
MeltingCactus
Keeper and Acquirer

MeltingCactus is still being judged by the masses

I'm a clutter-fiend. I love it when everything is clean, but I so rarely have the energy to tackle the chaos. The house suffers from some serious cleanliness-entropy. I'll usually clean in bursts, frequently when I'm upset about something or just fed up with the mess. I live with three guys who are all just as guilty at mess-making so it's difficult to really make an impact. If I want the house clean, I either have to do it all myself (just start cleaning and hope that guilt will prompt the others to pitch in) or end up being "mom" and nagging everyone to do their part.

You can generally tell what kind of a week/month I've had based on the level of mess in my room: the messier, the more likely it is that I've been tired/busy. A freshly cleaned room indicates either extreme agitation or a recent vacation/impending visit from family.
"I realize that, historically, phrases like 'massive redistribution of wealth' are usually accompanied by rivers of blood. That said, it's about time for a massive redistribution of wealth."-from The Onion
"Deconstructing the Twinkie is like trying to deconstruct the universe." - Hostess Foods
MeltingCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 06:21 AM   #40
Hybelkanin
tsujigiri

Hybelkanin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Are cosmetic things not beneficial?
Hybelkanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 06:40 AM   #41
riho
Taking a break

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybelkanin View Post
Do dogs has no noses?
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 06:45 AM   #42
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

What gets me is that it's so easy to wipe down a plate immediately after eating, rinse it, dry it, and put it away. That's less than 3 minutes "work", and then it's done. I hated it when room-mates or friends would ***** about the piles of plates they had to wash, and my response was, and is, always the same: Why didn't you just clean it as soon as you used it?

Making a bed is mostly cosmetic, but it looks a heck of a lot neater. Not to mention you sometimes throw things *on* your bed that you don't necessarily want *in* your bed, so it pays to make it. Plus there is a small pleasure in slipping into a bed with straight, smooth sheets and blankets, as opposed to one that is all rumpled.

I can't stand crap being thrown on the floor if it doesn't belong there. Clothes, food wrappers, drink containers... blech.

Last edited by OzzieBloke : Mar 9, 2007 at 10:12 PM.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 06:45 AM   #43
soylent
Hufu

Quote:
Making your bed is as arbitrary as removing your keyboard, tying up the cord and putting it into a receptacle on the wall while you aren't using your computer. It makes no sense to regard someone as a slob for not doing it, it's just an arbitrary fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
Plus there is a small pleasure in slipping into a bed with straight, smooth sheets and blankets, as opposed to one that is all rumpled.
There's a small pleasure just slipping into bed with your clothes on when you're tired and going to sleep; instead of spending a minute unmaking your bed, removing all your clothes and getting the sheets all nice and crumply so it doesn't feel like your sleeping on a concrete slab.

Feelings aren't nescessarily transferable.

Precautions:
Keep locked up. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust. Avoid contact with eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing. If ingested,
seek medical advice immediately and show the container or the label. Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing
agents, acids.

Last edited by soylent : Mar 9, 2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 09:25 AM   #44
ErrorS
gfdsa

ErrorS is still being judged by the masses

I can guarantee I'm the biggest slob on these forums.. I dunno what's the matter with me.

I have a dead bird somewhere in my house that my cat brought it, I'm pretty sure I wont look for it. I'll wait until I can locate it by smell and then throw it away.

To make matters worse I've picked up a really bad habit these past couple of months.. I now eat in bed

www.eve-online.com
ErrorS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 09:58 AM   #45
Hybelkanin
tsujigiri

Hybelkanin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Making your bed is as arbitrary as removing your keyboard, tying up the cord and putting it into a receptacle on the wall while you aren't using your computer. It makes no sense to regard someone as a slob for not doing it, it's just an arbitrary fashion.
So I could have all sorts of junk lying around everywhere as long as the environment is not directly harmful or is obstructing my activities, and still avoid the "slob"-label? I don't see how making your bed is any different than for example shaving or mowing the lawn. I think I won't paint my house for another thirty years either - it's a drag. That said, I don't think not making your bed, by itself, quialifies for "slob". But it's borderline.

As for my keyboard, it has it's place on a retractable shelf under my desk - invisible when not in use.
Hybelkanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:05 AM   #46
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Only that a keyboard in front of a monitor on a table doesn't look sloppy like a bunch of tangled sheets on a messy bed. My case is not lying on the floor below, my monitor is not sideways on the desk, my mouse is and keyboard are not hanging from the table. So i keep my bed in order too.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible

Last edited by yoz : Mar 9, 2007 at 10:08 AM.
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:12 AM   #47
RedQueen
Radeon Volcanic Islands

RedQueen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osirus View Post
So it is an organized mess you have

i just finished cleaning up the laundry room actually.
my room is semi clean.. Cause i got a huge pile of laundry at the end of my bed i need to do.(pretty much all my clothes.. lol)
now that the laundry room is clean i can do it..

Im odd, i dont make my bed when i wake up, but i will make it right before i go to bed.. Nicer to sleep in a freshly made bed lol.
but when i wake up im like.. meh no one will see it but me so who cares..
unless companies coming over, then i'll make it.
ha Exactly .

About the bed thing.. I am the exact same way.. well thats because I get my.. um.. reception from my bed.. which means I'm always sitting in it.. and so is my sis so.. won't make my bed.. or else I'd be sitting on my sheets and comforter for like hours and that would flatten it. So my bed is my desk during the day and at nightI'll move everything off and shake the sheets and make my bed before I sleep.

RedQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:38 AM   #48
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
did she ah.. not wash down under adequately? That would be a bit of a turn off, but if you mean messy, I think that is a bit of an overreaction. But then, I am a messy person, so I might be biased. I'd post a pic of my desk, but I'm too lazy. I'll just say that I have piles of stuff everywhere, and dirty clothes piles. Food plates and such I never leave out, but sometimes an empty cup of water might get left for a day or so. I vaccuum maybe once a year, and never dust though... because I really don't see the point.
Both. The straw that broke the camel's back was She had her period and her underwear was her pad. We were about to get in the shower for some fun and when I saw that I just about hurled.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 01:09 PM   #49
Stingray
Banned

Old Mar 9, 2007, 01:39 PM   #50
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
Both. The straw that broke the camel's back was She had her period and her underwear was her pad. We were about to get in the shower for some fun and when I saw that I just about hurled.
Yeah, major turn-off me too. Why can't chicks learn to wear pads? *puke*

About being a slob, consider me one too. Useless receipts lying around, empty water bottles garbage candy wraps all over my desk, dusk everywhere, supposed clean clothes unfolded, wrinkled and lying on a dump of a sea of clothes... ya you know I mean.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 07:19 PM   #51
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

for the most part i am fairly tidy. I put plates/glasses in the dish washer after i am done using them. hang clothes up immediately after they are done being washed. but i will leave stuff out that i have used. like say i watch a dvd on my computer. the dvd case will more than likely sit out for a week before i put it away.

only time i really clean the house is when i am having friends/family over. see no reason to have the house being immaculately clean all the time. i do like to live a little, and if living requires things to get a little dirty now and then, so be it.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 09:28 PM   #52
soylent
Hufu

Quote:
So I could have all sorts of junk lying around everywhere as long as the environment is not directly harmful or is obstructing my activities, and still avoid the "slob"-label?
Well I won't call you a slob for it. I'll call you a slob if you're consistently being too lazy to do something useful or required of you. E.g. letting dirty dishes stand around and dry so it will take you 10 times the amount of time to clean them, not working while at work, not studying while in college etc.

Precautions:
agents, acids.

Last edited by soylent : Mar 9, 2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 01:05 AM   #53
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm a slob with a room of only slightly organized chaos. I don't make my bed, ever, my clothes are on the floor all the time, and I leave my dishes on the desk until I decide to clean them in a load a few days later. I clean the walls once every blue moon, and don't give a **** if anyone doesn't like the way the place looks.

Neat freaks make me roll my eyes. There is no point in constantly cleaning everything as it will only get dirty over time, and when it reaches critical mass you wipe it down, there you go. Oh, and making the assumption that a person can't be neat and organized if their house isn't is not only bad, but ignorant.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 01:20 AM   #54
Osirus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Man, when i used to work for a plumbing company, (I did the hard work.. they they came in and connected the pipes. lol)
Some peoples homes....Wow.......

Like seriously.. theres a lil path through a room like 2 feet wide where you can see the floor.. I guess they made it before we came to be nice.. the rest of the house is just a huge pile of junk and garbage everywhere... disgusting.

one hosue in niagara on the lake.. Lol I was told.. hey were going to the deliverance house today.. great.. lol

Well they needed the pipe heading to there septic tank replaced. so i was outside digging away.. the hosue was pretty creepy looking. kidna rough shape... old rusty cars outside. Big as dog tied up with a huge chain, grass worn all away in a perfect cirlce around the doghouse from the chain being dragged around.
people going in and out of the house every few minutes.. lots of different people.. all that look like they came from one of them creepy moveis. lol
like there was the 400lb woman.. then the dude in leather with a huge mohawk, then the greasy looking guy with no teeth ect..
well later in the day i got to go in the hosue.. ahh!! man i walk in and cant see the floor, theres boxes of crap everywhere!!
junk just piled all over the place..

My dad who was a plumber for the same company told me a few times there was houses where he told the people he wasnt going in, after he saw that there was 1/2 of garbage on the floor.. and saw needles ect, which i wouldnt go in there either..
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 09:36 AM   #55
Stingray
Banned

My girl wears a pad.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 05:13 AM   #56
gorage28
Banned

gorage28 is still being judged by the masses

The problem is that people with neat houses and ways of life don't affect the way dirty people live, but that isn't the case the other way around, disgusting slobs have a negative effect on normal people. There is nothing worse then someone who is normal (ie relatively tidy) being invited over and being confronted with disgusting mess that they are expected to simply accept. People who are slobs have no self respect and are low on self esteem or else they would care how they present themselves.
gorage28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 05:24 AM   #57
Stingray
Banned

Nice thread revival.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 05:45 AM   #58
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

yeap I let stuff pile up
Im lazy
I do the dishes when I feel like it or when a girl is comming over
after a party I let everything just stand there for days

I live alone so I dont care.. I do stuff when I feel like doing them or when its needed.

nothing wrong with that.. doesnt hurt anyone

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 05:47 AM   #59
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorage28 View Post
The problem is that people with neat houses and ways of life don't affect the way dirty people live, but that isn't the case the other way around, disgusting slobs have a negative effect on normal people. There is nothing worse then someone who is normal (ie relatively tidy) being invited over and being confronted with disgusting mess that they are expected to simply accept. People who are slobs have no self respect and are low on self esteem or else they would care how they present themselves.
if my guy friends are comming over then I dont care about cleaning.. beacuse yeah we are guys
When girls are comming over then the house sparkles

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 05:50 AM   #60
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErrorS View Post
To make matters worse I've picked up a really bad habit these past couple of months.. I now eat in bed

So do I, but I kick her out of bed when I am done

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,