Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:13 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

theshadowcult can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultytheshadowcult can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Anyone else think the delay is related to discussion with valve about valve purchasing the mod, now that its mostly complete.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:27 PM   #182
JohnnyFlash
Radeon HD 6950

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Anyone else think the delay is related to discussion with valve about valve purchasing the mod, now that its mostly complete.
With all the work put in by different people, that would be a pain to figure out who gets how much.

Also, booooooo! if this does happen.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 02:30 PM   #183
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Dragex is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I think some of you are slightly delusional to how much work it is to create a whole game, with 1. in your spare time, and 2. a entire GAME.

I'm sure if they was paid to make it, and they spent 12 hours a day working on it it'd be out by now, but this is a mod not a funded game.

Yeeeeep, even if it doesn't get released, the amount of work so far is outstanding for a self funded proyect.

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.
Dragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 8, 2009, 08:26 PM   #184
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragex View Post
Yeeeeep, even if it doesn't get released, the amount of work so far is outstanding for a self funded proyect.
If it doesn't get released then that effort is kind of irrelevant. Something that ends up being unfinished and never ends up getting played by anyone is just a waste of time.

I hope that they finish this mod, as well as that the guys at the Deus Ex re-texturing project finish theirs, and Team Gizka finish theirs. If the mod dies they should release unfinished if necessary. Just not releasing anything does not deserve a pat on the back or an "A for effort".
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2009, 09:30 PM   #185
xNaquada
Home= PC Gaming Subforum

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
If it doesn't get released then that effort is kind of irrelevant. Something that ends up being unfinished and never ends up getting played by anyone is just a waste of time.

....Just not releasing anything does not deserve a pat on the back or an "A for effort".
QFT
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2009, 01:01 AM   #186
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

theshadowcult can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultytheshadowcult can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Even unfinished it will look goode on their resume.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:36 PM   #187
Exposed
Rage3D Veteran

Exposed is still being judged by the masses

So what's the deal with this...
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:46 PM   #188
Sobek
Radeon HD 7970

Sobek is still being judged by the masses

When-It's-Done vapourware coming soon trust us carrot-walking-the-horse bull****.

I remember saying about 4 years ago (when everyone was SO SURE it was coming out that year) that it wouldn't be out for at LEAST a few more years... And here we are.

Not big surprise. They really should just do a little single-area tech demo or just plain old demo. Something to calm the masses. I know they have no obligation but, come on, it would just secure some proper support from the 'fans'.

Last edited by Sobek : Aug 3, 2010 at 09:50 PM.
Sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:48 PM   #189
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobek View Post
When-It's-Done vapourware coming soon trust us carrot-walking-the-horse bull****.

I remember saying about 4 years ago (when everyone was SO SURE it was coming out that year) that it wouldn't be out for at LEAST a few more years... And here we are.

Not big surprise. They really should just do a little single-area tech demo or just plain old demo. Something to calm the masses.
Half Life 4 will be out before this is released.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:17 PM   #190
Phrygian
Rage3D Veteran

Phrygian once held a door open for a complete strangerPhrygian once held a door open for a complete strangerPhrygian once held a door open for a complete strangerPhrygian once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobek View Post

Not big surprise. They really should just do a little single-area tech demo or just plain old demo. Something to calm the masses. I know they have no obligation but, come on, it would just secure some proper support from the 'fans'.
I'd rather get a finished, top notch mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Phrygian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:43 PM   #191
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird sings

i've just finished replaying half-life source these past few days.

Seeing how well hl still holds up compared to modern fps games, I have more understanding for these guys. Even remaking such a game is a huge and demanding task.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 01:30 AM   #192
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

CoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What I find annoying about their devs is it was supposed to be out at the start of this year yet they are still saying they are on track. oh well if they don't finish it I don't really care anymore but I will still play it if it does come out.
CoolNitro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 03:13 AM   #193
JohnnyFlash
Radeon HD 6950

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
What I find annoying about their devs is it was supposed to be out at the start of this year yet they are still saying they are on track. oh well if they don't finish it I don't really care anymore but I will still play it if it does come out.
I'm willing to bet Valve has a hand in this. When EP3 finally comes out in 2017, BMS will probably be packaged with it.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 03:05 PM   #194
BababooeyHTJ
Rage3D Veteran

BababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete strangerBababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete strangerBababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
I'm willing to bet Valve has a hand in this. When EP3 finally comes out in 2017, BMS will probably be packaged with it.
I used to think that too but really what content did they even have to show Valve to get them to pick up on the project? I'm sure that there are good intentions but I don't see this mod going anywhere.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 03:37 PM   #195
Phrygian
Rage3D Veteran

Phrygian once held a door open for a complete strangerPhrygian once held a door open for a complete strangerPhrygian once held a door open for a complete strangerPhrygian once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
I used to think that too but really what content did they even have to show Valve to get them to pick up on the project? I'm sure that there are good intentions but I don't see this mod going anywhere.
They had a lot of content.
Quote:
Old Aug 4, 2010, 03:42 PM   #196
BababooeyHTJ
Rage3D Veteran

BababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete strangerBababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete strangerBababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
They had a lot of content.
Like? Most of what I saw isn't very polished and far from complete.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 04:28 PM   #197
mrHappy
Radeon HD 6950

mrHappy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
... When EP3 finally comes out in 2017....
You sure are optimistic.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 04:57 PM   #198
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyA2597 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyA2597 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Like? Most of what I saw isn't very polished and far from complete.
in Black Mesa?

Lets see...100% their own assets (All textures, sounds, models), won't rely on any Source games, just the engine. Calling it unpolished is simply a troll comment, and far from complete...no way to answer. We know a gaming magazine was able to do a complete play-through a few months back and had nothing but praise for it, so it is at least playable start to finish now. But we have no way of knowing how much more the team plans to add to the game.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 05:18 PM   #199
BababooeyHTJ
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
in Black Mesa?

Lets see...100% their own assets (All textures, sounds, models), won't rely on any Source games, just the engine. Calling it unpolished is simply a troll comment, and far from complete...no way to answer. We know a gaming magazine was able to do a complete play-through a few months back and had nothing but praise for it, so it is at least playable start to finish now. But we have no way of knowing how much more the team plans to add to the game.
The most recent video on their youtube channel.

Amazing
Old Aug 4, 2010, 05:34 PM   #200
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

I don't understand what your point with that video is?

I can post videos too...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 05:53 PM   #201
BababooeyHTJ
Rage3D Veteran

Some actual gameplay and not a bullshot trailer would be nice. I hope that we will see this mod at some point but for a mod that was supposedly almost complete last year there isn't much info out there.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 05:57 PM   #202
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

There is plenty of alpha footage on youtube.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 06:06 PM   #203
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNagorak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Really ambitious mods that get a lot of attention and then remain in progress for years have a pretty bad track record. I'm no longer willing to accept the "they are under no obligation" argument. Basking in praise and attention means you do have an obligation both to finish the damn mod, and do so in a reasonable amount of time. If you don't want any obligation then keep your damn mouth shut and say nothing.

Too many of these mods seem to be made by complete attention whores who want to make themselves seem important by coming out with an ambitious mod, but then never actually follow through.

Last edited by Nagorak : Aug 5, 2010 at 10:19 AM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 06:07 PM   #204
Phrygian
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Some actual gameplay and not a bullshot trailer would be nice. I hope that we will see this mod at some point but for a mod that was supposedly almost complete last year there isn't much info out there.
You can't bullshot that. That video obviously contains in-game assets and recorded sounds. If you mean the camera movements, well, duh.
Quote:
Old Aug 4, 2010, 06:13 PM   #205
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
There is plenty of alpha footage on youtube.
this. just by scrolling through vids after his hev post, theres good vids.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 06:45 PM   #206
BababooeyHTJ
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
this. just by scrolling through vids after his hev post, theres good vids.

This is the closest thing that I could find to some actual gameplay footage and it does not even closely resemble a complete game. Those trailers wouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Also I don't see whats so impressive with the textures and sounds. Fakefactory have pulled off quite a bit porting HL2 and ep1 over to ep2 engine while adding quite a few effects and better textures that I have seen in any one of these videos in a much shorter period of time. Crappy player models which are optional aside.

Quote:
Really ambitious mods that get a lot of attention and then remain in progress for years have a pretty bad track record. I'm not longer willing to accept the "they are under no obligation" argument. Basking in praise and attention means you do have an obligation both to finish the damn mod, and do so in a reasonable amount of time. If you don't want any obligation then keep your damn mouth shut and say nothing.

Too many of these mods seem to be made by complete attention whores who want to make themselves seem important by coming out with an ambitious mod, but then never actually follow through.
I agree.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 07:01 PM   #207
john2
Rage3D Veteran

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Really ambitious mods that get a lot of attention and then remain in progress for years have a pretty bad track record. I'm not longer willing to accept the "they are under no obligation" argument. Basking in praise and attention means you do have an obligation both to finish the damn mod, and do so in a reasonable amount of time. If you don't want any obligation then keep your damn mouth shut and say nothing.

+1
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 07:37 PM   #208
Cordl3ssPen
nareteV D3egaR

Cordl3ssPen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Also I don't see whats so impressive with the textures and sounds. Fakefactory have pulled off quite a bit porting HL2 and ep1 over to ep2 engine while adding quite a few effects and better textures that I have seen in any one of these videos in a much shorter period of time. Crappy player models which are optional aside.

Fakefactory also wasn't creating a whole re-make of a game from scratch like these people are, because you still needed HL2, Ep. 1, and/or Ep. 2 to play it. With BM:S, you only need the Source SDK to play it because like someone previously said, it doesn't use any materials from other games.
Cordl3ssPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 08:42 PM   #209
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:

This is the closest thing that I could find to some actual gameplay footage and it does not even closely resemble a complete game.
that alpha leak is from may 2006 i'd be surprised if any of that is in the same state as back then.

there's no large gameplay clips, but short clips show some stuff. yea, these guys are slow. but can't see this being vapourware.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 08:48 PM   #210
xNaquada
Home= PC Gaming Subforum

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

WTF who bumped this thread. I got my hopes up thinking there was a release date in sight or something.

Bastards!
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote