Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » CATALYST Drivers
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CATALYST Drivers Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Catalyst Drivers. Please put Linux-specific driver posts and Remote Wonder discussion in their respective forums.

"
Closed Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 05:39 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I don't get it - why does one picture have mor foliage than the other ?
The EATM adds more Alpha test detail. For example again in Serious Sam 2:

No EATM:
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/740...tmshot1gc9.jpg

With EATM and the AlphaSharpening mode: Note: The trees are more filled in and grass is much taller -- much more alpha detail or foilage:
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/648...asharpeny7.jpg

Here is the same area with EATM without the AlphaSharpening -- note the screen door effects:
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/910...tmshot1gt9.jpg

Here is the same shot with absolutely no Alpha's at all -- a fun shot:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6...noalphass3.jpg
Old Dec 7, 2006, 01:34 PM   #92
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth knows why the caged bird singsPirate Neilsouth knows why the caged bird singsPirate Neilsouth knows why the caged bird singsPirate Neilsouth knows why the caged bird singsPirate Neilsouth knows why the caged bird sings

sorry im abit blind tonight , where exactly is the AlphaSharpening setting and how do you enable it? ive enabled the EATM setting through ati tray tools
Old Dec 7, 2006, 02:24 PM   #93
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

You have to add the registry setting yourself and not available in ATI Tool Tray yet, and if it is -- I don't know where it is:

You have to add a "string" to the registry:

ATMAlphaSharpenmode

Then set the value to 1

What it does it fill-in the Alpha's with wonderful detail instead of the dreaded screen door effect that seems to effect some alpha's.

Can't wait for this feature to be official and polished for most; to enjoy it. Has transformed the way I personally looked at alphas and features to improve them.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 7, 2006, 02:30 PM   #94
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Old Dec 8, 2006, 03:08 AM   #95
INSTG8R

INSTG8R is still being judged by the masses

Must try this one as I am getting that effect with ATM on in Armed Assault(at least with these betas I havent tried them on the 2nd set yet)

Old Dec 8, 2006, 04:11 AM   #96
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth knows why the caged bird singsPirate Neilsouth knows why the caged bird singsPirate Neilsouth knows why the caged bird singsPirate Neilsouth knows why the caged bird singsPirate Neilsouth knows why the caged bird sings

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread....41#post2051441

Can people go here and support the request please, for AlphaSharpenMode to be in ati tray tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
just add into "New AA and AF Methods.dtb" these lines
Code:
Value13=ATMAlphaFix,ATMAlphaFix,0,0,0,
Value14=ATMAlphaSharpenBias,ATMAlphaSharpenBias,0,0,0,
Value15=ATMAlphaSharpenmode,ATMAlphaSharpenmode,0,0,0,
Value16=ATMAlphaSharpenScale,ATMAlphaSharpenScale,0,0,0,

Last edited by Pirate Neilsouth : Dec 8, 2006 at 06:39 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 07:01 AM   #97
Rancho*
Radeon HD 6850

Rancho* is still being judged by the masses

Asus may have uploaded the final drivers to their servers:

ftp://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/...2_xp2kxp64.rar

Thats an 199MB package. Unfortunately the server is so slow that I won't dl it. I get about 8KB/s...
22" LG L227WT Monitor | Vista Home Premium x64 SP1
Old Dec 8, 2006, 07:14 AM   #98
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden is still being judged by the masses

just note neil, these values may not be correct e.g. for scale entry etc. was only quick example
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Old Dec 8, 2006, 07:19 AM   #99
Pirate Neilsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
just note neil, these values may not be correct e.g. for scale entry etc. was only quick example
Np fella if u get anymore updates to it let me know..

Ive posted what you said here aswell

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=17662605
Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:26 AM   #100
Pirate Neilsouth

Dwarden .. GOOD NEWS

Quote:
Yep, Works Perfect on the 6.12 betas did everything exactly as you said and its flawless.

Ben
Had to go through it with the guy to get it working correctly , but apparantly its flawless with the 6.12's

You deserve a rep from me
Old Dec 8, 2006, 02:24 PM   #101
Thr0tt
Rage3D Veteran

Thr0tt is still being judged by the masses

Hmm, If I enable it and the Alphasharpen it still gives the checkerboard effect. Any ideas ? Neil did u just 'tick the boxes' or did u need to do anything else to get it working ?
Specs: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P | AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4GHz | Sapphire RADEON HD 7850 (Latest Cats) CCC | 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel | Hanns-G HH281 28" LCD | X-Fi Ultimate Gamer (5.1) | LiteOn DH20A4P DVD-RW | Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick | Win7 Ultimate
Old Dec 8, 2006, 05:57 PM   #102
Pirate Neilsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr0ttl3 View Post
Hmm, If I enable it and the Alphasharpen it still gives the checkerboard effect. Any ideas ? Neil did u just 'tick the boxes' or did u need to do anything else to get it working ?

Only seems to kinda work with ati cats 6.12beta , some others said it works then it doesnt hmmm.. Will wait till the offical 6.12's though to give it a proper test

Last edited by Pirate Neilsouth : Dec 8, 2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 02:10 PM   #103
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden is still being judged by the masses

there is some serious flaw with "ATMAlphaSharpenmode" and video acceleration (wmv, asx etc) ...

when using Media Player Classic and WMP11 i noticed OS crashing / freezeing with switch to blankscreen ...
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:14 PM   #104
BFG10K
Radeon HD 6850

BFG10K is still being judged by the masses

That new AA mode looks quite similar to nVidia's transparency multi-sampling.

TrMS is very good because it significantly improves vegetation quality with almost zero performance hit, even in areas of heavy vegetation.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 06:28 AM   #105
Methroix

Methroix is still being judged by the masses

I still can't get the ATMAlphaSharpenmode to work!

Is there some sort of hardware restriction?
I only get a BSD starting a game with the sharpening enabled. Is there perhaps some interference between that setting and some other enhancements (in ATT)??

I would really like to get it to work since it does seem to give quite a increase in IQ.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:14 AM   #106
androgen
Radeon HD 6870

androgen is still being judged by the masses

I can definately see foilage with ATMAlphaSharpenmode.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 05:02 PM   #107
SySTaX3r
Radeon HD 6850

SySTaX3r is still being judged by the masses

It would be great If the official 6.12 brings back HDR+AA in Call of Juarez. Right now with Cat 6.8 AAA in perf mode steals a good chunk of frames off you. If EATM is as good as you guys say it should be able to do perf AAA job with much less penalty.Man is CoJ running in HDR+AA an eye candy fest or what? I'm digging it very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG10K View Post
That new AA mode looks quite similar to nVidia's transparency multi-sampling.

TrMS is very good because it significantly improves vegetation quality with almost zero performance hit, even in areas of heavy vegetation.
Maybe but not always for sure. I remember using TSAA:MS in Titan Quest on a 7800GTX and it didnt do anything on vegetation I can tell .I almost had the screen under a microscope to find the best affordable IQ setting I could have with a single 7800GTX256 so I had to use TSAA:SS for vegetation since TSAA:MS didnt do the job, but the penalty was too much to go along with all of the other IQ settings I HAD to max out.

ATi's Performance AAA is doing a much better job in Titan Quest. Not saying one side ALWAYS has the edge over the other. Different games show different results.

Bring back CoJ HDR+AA!
Old Dec 10, 2006, 06:22 PM   #108
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHapatingjaky can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well I just spent the last 2 hours running through the new 6.12 Beta 2 drivers with EATM and ATMSHARPENMODE and I can safely say that I can now leave EATM enabled without out any graphical degredation at all in any game that I have tested:

UT2K4 = All checkerboard effects are gone.
BattleField 2 & 2142 = All textures now appear normal, no missing textures what so ever. The weird part with EATM enabled I actually gained FPS
World Of Warcrap = All checkerboard effects are gone, gained 5 FPS.
Fear = All menu's appear normal, no checkerboard effects.
Half Life 2 = All checkerboard effects gone.
Farcry = The game is nuts, all checkerboard effects gone, increased foilage. ZOMG!
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.8GHz/Uncore, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, GSKILL 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CAS9, Gigabyte 780 Windforce 3x TRI-SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster Z, OCZ Vector 512GB Raid 0, Enermax MaxRevo 1500w, SilverStone Temjin TJ11, Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013, Logitech G700, Dell UltraSharp U3011 LCD, Windows 8 Professional X64
Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:16 PM   #109
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Yeah, the Alpha Sharpening is quite the nice setting as the EATM feature seems so close to becoming official.

Hardly even use Adaptive anymore, but still glad to have the feature for flexibility purposes.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 01:12 AM   #110
Chuki
Rage3D Veteran

Chuki is still being judged by the masses

WoW in both aspects is all I can say

Latest 6.12 betas, using the ATT Alpha sharpening mod above,

this is WoW with 6xAA EATM and Sharpening Enabled. With the system below, framerate in Ashenvale where it usually seemed to be the lowest, is in the mid 40s. Everywhere else stays around mid 50s to 60. Where vSync takes over. Before with 4xAA and Perf AAA, framerate in Ashenvale was anywhere from 25-45, and everywhere else was around 45-60. So framerate is up and IQ is up more then ever...

Anyway here's a screenie.. its 1.2megs so 56kers may wait awhile. But this is exactly how it looks as I play it

WoW 1920x1200 6xAA, EATM, and Sharp enabled.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 06:50 AM   #111
NightCrawler™
Got OpenGL...??

NightCrawler™ is still being judged by the masses

I've been tinkering with this for a while now and the only thing I really don't like about it is that in HL2 Episode1, especially in the last scene, the fences look horrible without AAA
The speed increase overall is huge though....

Lian Li V2000+ Modded
Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz 1.325v Thermaltright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
Asus Rampage Extreme 2
OCZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600 Platinum
EVGA GTX460 768MB 850/1700/2100Mhz SLi
EVGA 8800GT SSC 730/1800/2000Mhz
Corsair HX850W
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:39 AM   #112
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCrawler™ View Post
I've been tinkering with this for a while now and the only thing I really don't like about it is that in HL2 Episode1, especially in the last scene, the fences look horrible without AAA
The speed increase overall is huge though....
The problem with Adaptive AA on Half-life 2 fences is the fence detail is missing at certain angles. So, what I do with this title is add EATM and Adaptive AA together.

Agree with you on the Half-life 2 fence texture with EATM and is targeted as a nit-pick area to see if it will improve in time.

This is why adaptive is still wonderful to have for a flexibility stand-point.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:48 AM   #113
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki View Post
WoW in both aspects is all I can say [/url]
Yeah, WoW should be the poster child for this feature, imho, considering the sheer amount of Alpha's. Personally using CrossFire now with x14 AA with X12 EATM at 1600 x 1200 LCD and shake my head with all the performance. It's more than the performance -- the image quality offered.

One of the reasons why ATI impresses me -- not just numbers in simple benchmarks. The IQ offered with the features they do support and the IQ behind the numbers.

This feature offers wonderful value for existing cards as new settings are now possible like the x6 AA setting with a feature that can enhance alphas in titles with a lot of them.

This thinking goes with CrossFire............if a single card owner may now enjoy x6 AA, well, a CrossFire owner can enjoy x14 AA with similar frame-rate. That is x12 EATM -- and a virtual free-hit super-sampled added to this.

So many blanket dual cards with AFR -- but Super-AA is so damn impressive -- and the flexibility to improve immersion shouldn't be under-stated to me.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 09:17 AM   #114
Dragunov
Radeon HD 6870

Dragunov is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
ALmost forgot:

Or you can download or install ATI tool trays. In the advanced tweak sections of ATI tool tray -- you will see new AA and AF methods which list about 12 or 13 new modes. EATM is one of them........just checkmark to enable. Then change you multi-sampling to improve alpha quality as well as polygon quality.
Where in AAT can I change my MSAA?

I'm quite new to this program
- MSI Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
- Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
- Seagate 320GB 7200/10
- Logitech MX-518
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit NL
Old Dec 11, 2006, 09:18 AM   #115
Dragunov
Radeon HD 6870

Dragunov is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsouth View Post

Only seems to kinda work with ati cats 6.12beta , some others said it works then it doesnt hmmm.. Will wait till the offical 6.12's though to give it a proper test
Do u need to enable this, or just keep it as is?
- MSI Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
- Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
- Seagate 320GB 7200/10
- Logitech MX-518
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit NL
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:01 AM   #116
Pirate Neilsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
Do u need to enable this, or just keep it as is?

Just do what it looks like bud
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:54 PM   #117
Dem2k
Rage3D Veteran

Dem2k is still being judged by the masses

Do you have to enable Adaptive AA from ATT, for this to work? Or will normal AA work? For example would it work if i used the in game AA settings in WoW or do I have to use driver AA?
Old Dec 11, 2006, 01:08 PM   #118
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem2k View Post
Do you have to enable Adaptive AA from ATT, for this to work? Or will normal AA work? For example would it work if i used the in game AA settings in WoW or do I have to use driver AA?
If the EATM setting is enabled, it works with multi-sampling. The more samples of multi-sampling when the EATM setting is enabled the more quality.

The idea, I believe, behind the thinking of the EATM feature is to allow the end-user to enjoy alpha quality with more performance.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 01:35 PM   #119
Dem2k
Rage3D Veteran

Dem2k is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
If the EATM setting is enabled, it works with multi-sampling. The more samples of multi-sampling when the EATM setting is enabled the more quality.

The idea, I believe, behind the thinking of the EATM feature is to allow the end-user to enjoy alpha quality with more performance.
Ahh thanks dude got it working +rep coming your way.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:18 PM   #120
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Here are some screenshots of Oblivion:

x4 performance adaptive:
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6...daptivezq8.jpg

x4 EATM:
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6...6x4eatmbk4.jpg

x6 performance adaptive:
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5...ormancegs7.jpg

x6 EATM:
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3...6x6eatmoh0.jpg

A screenshot with no compression artifacts; the original shot of x6 EATM:
http://www.preattach.com/show.php/58...6EATM.bmp.html
Closed Thread