Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Nov 12, 2006, 04:32 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Fat Jez
Rage3D Veteran

Fat Jez is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy My cat has been missing for two days

I haven't seen my cat since Friday morning, which was 2 days ago. I've been out looking for her, but I can't find any sign of her at all.

I'm worried sick and I don't know what to do next.

This is her;

Jez
Fat Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 05:15 AM   #2
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

Old Nov 12, 2006, 05:18 AM   #3
monkeydust
Rage3D Spammer

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Sorry to hear that. Is it typically an outside cat or an inside cat (or both)? Cats usually find their way home.
EVGA GTX 670 SC
Intel G2 160GB & 120GB & 240GB SSD
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 12, 2006, 05:25 AM   #4
Villainess
Team Targaryen

Villainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Sorry Jez I hope you find her soon.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 05:45 AM   #5
vazel
Banned

vazel is still being judged by the masses

My cat was once gone for a couple weeks then it came back.
vazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 05:46 AM   #6
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I will pray for you that ur cat comes back
Old Nov 12, 2006, 05:53 AM   #7
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazel View Post
My cat was once gone for a couple weeks then it came back.
ahh well thats hopeful !
Old Nov 12, 2006, 06:04 AM   #8
Fat Jez
Rage3D Veteran

Thanks guys. She likes getting outdoors and I think she sometimes gets confused about how to find her way back home (she's been away for 24 hours before now). I've walked all around the area calling for her, but there is no sign of her anywhere. She is a very curious but timid cat, so I wondered if she had got shut in somewhere by accident, perhaps hiding if she heard somebody coming.

I suppose the only consolation is that I didn't find any sign of her body beside a road or indeed in any of the bushes nearby.

Cheers,
Jez
Old Nov 12, 2006, 06:09 AM   #9
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

Maybe someone just took her in. Does she have a tag? If not perhaps you could put an ad in the newspaper or something?
pink_pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 06:13 AM   #10
Fat Jez
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_pants View Post
Maybe someone just took her in. Does she have a tag? If not perhaps you could put an ad in the newspaper or something?
Sorry, I should have said. She is wearing a collar with a name tag (and also my name, address and phone number). She is also microchipped, so if she is handed into a vets, they can identify who she belongs to.

Cheers,
Jez
Old Nov 12, 2006, 06:39 AM   #11
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

Have you had lot of fireworks going off in your area ? She may have hidden in a shed.

Does she normally go far from your house ? Check all the gardens and areas she normally visits ... and check with your neighbours, get them to check their sheds & garages.

Hope you find her.

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 07:03 AM   #12
BENCHMARKMAN
Rage3D Veteran

BENCHMARKMAN is still being judged by the masses

Really sorry to hear about your cat. Soon, unforutnatly I will also know what its like not to have my cat around. My cat has a head tumor and its nearing the end. He put up a good fight because yesterday was 1 year since he was diagnosed and the vets gave him a skeptical 6 months at most to live. I really hope you find your cat!
BENCHMARKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:44 AM   #13
Fat Jez
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
Have you had lot of fireworks going off in your area ? She may have hidden in a shed.

The fireworks don't seem to bother either her or her daughter. She is nosey though, so she may have gone into a shed or garage and then hidden if she heard somebody coming.

I've been around all the areas I think she normally goes. She would have had to have gone quite a bit further than usual for me to have found no trace of her.

The longer it goes, the more worried I get.

Jez
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:45 AM   #14
XSBagage
while the world crumbles

XSBagage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXSBagage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I know how you feel. My cat used to stay outside when he was feeling ill, but never further than our backyard. He didn't respond to calling either, you had to look for him under plants. (As he was all black that wasn't easy)
I don't want to get you down but each time he did that he had an illness that was serious and needed treatment.
So my advice is to go look in your own backyard under plants and everything. I hope you can find her there.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:48 AM   #15
Ibis
Rage3D Veteran

Ibis is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Jez View Post
Thanks guys. She likes getting outdoors and I think she sometimes gets confused about how to find her way back home (she's been away for 24 hours before now).
I don't think you need to worry about that, there are cases where cats have found their way home from several hundred kilometers, it's a cat, if it hasn't gotten hurt or found another place to stay, it will come home
firefox is like the oxford english dictionary, it uses the syntax of HTML to the defined standards, IE is like MTV, it took HTML, raped it in the arse and somehow dawg is now a word.
We are Legion.
Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 08:54 AM   #16
gamefoo21
Radeon HD5670 1GB

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I hope your kitty finds it way home.

I know with mine she'll bugger off for days at a time. But she is all black and my parents live out in the country. If she doesn't want to be seen she isn't seen. Until you put her favourite blanket out on the couch and or I come home to visit. Usually if she isn't home when I'm there its only a couple of hours till she shows up.

On a sadder note, my previous kitty got poisoined and managed to drag himself home, and he was alive for me to get home and he dragged himself into my lap and died. But I did get to pet him for about 5 minutes before he went to the litter box in the sky.

Antifreeze ftl!

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 09:03 AM   #17
Fat Jez
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
I don't think you need to worry about that, there are cases where cats have found their way home from several hundred kilometers, it's a cat, if it hasn't gotten hurt or found another place to stay, it will come home
Maybe, but this is the cat who sat two gardens away from me when she first went out, miaowing pitifully because she was confused.

I have to believe she is still alive, as I'm sure I would have found her body if she had been hit by a car (legally in the UK you only have to report road accidents if they involve a dog, cats are classed as semi-wild and you don't have to report those), so it's not as though anybody would have to "hide the evidence." I did check all the bushes and hedges alongside the roads too, in case she crawled there to hide, although it is possible I still missed seeing her.

I keep hoping she will turn up soon, but the longer it goes, the less chance there is of that.

Jez
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:08 AM   #18
Hannibal Lecter
Rage3D Veteran

Hannibal Lecter can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHannibal Lecter can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Have you tried putting a dish of food by your front door?
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:12 AM   #19
Fat Jez
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
Have you tried putting a dish of food by your front door?
She knows where her food is and I've set the cat flap so she can come in and not get out again. If I out food outside, I suspect I will end up feeding the neighbourhoods cats.

I think I have to accept that it is unlikely she will be back.

Jez
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:16 AM   #20
Hannibal Lecter
Rage3D Veteran

Hannibal Lecter can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHannibal Lecter can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think she will be back when she is hungry enough. I know cats are very independant but, I also think they enjoy the easy life more. I hope everything works out for you and your cat.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:27 AM   #21
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Jez View Post
Maybe, but this is the cat who sat two gardens away from me when she first went out, miaowing pitifully because she was confused.

I have to believe she is still alive, as I'm sure I would have found her body if she had been hit by a car (legally in the UK you only have to report road accidents if they involve a dog, cats are classed as semi-wild and you don't have to report those), so it's not as though anybody would have to "hide the evidence." I did check all the bushes and hedges alongside the roads too, in case she crawled there to hide, although it is possible I still missed seeing her.

I keep hoping she will turn up soon, but the longer it goes, the less chance there is of that.

Jez
One of my ex girlfriends cats went missing once, turned up about a month later. It had been hit by a car and had gone somewhere quiet to recover from a broken pelvis

I hope nothing like that has happened to your cat.

Don't give up hope on her after only a couple of days

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:28 AM   #22
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave is still being judged by the masses

I always put a leash on my cat when taking her outside. I don't let her out of the yard.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:55 AM   #23
monkeydust
Rage3D Spammer

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

You could always make up some fliers and post them around the neighborhood. Perhaps somebody has taken it in and will return it.
EVGA GTX 670 SC
Windows 8.1 64-bit

Last edited by monkeydust : Nov 12, 2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:07 AM   #24
dashrendar
Rage3D Veteran

dashrendar is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
One of my ex girlfriends cats went missing once, turned up about a month later. It had been hit by a car and had gone somewhere quiet to recover from a broken pelvis
Wow, I didn't know cats did that. That's amazing--taking time off to recover.

System: CPU AMD Athlon 64 3200+ X2 (OC'ed to 2.5GHz) - Mobo MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum - PSU Seasonic M12 600W - Video eVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS - Memory 2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix PC4000 - Monitor Dell 24" 2407WFP - Sound Creative Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic - HD Maxtor Diamondmax 10 250GB - OS Windows XP SP2 (Dual Boot)

Founder/ Broadcaster/ Reviewer: CIN3MA.tv
dashrendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:14 AM   #25
Osirus
Rage3D Veteran

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

sorry dude, lost pets are no fun at all

one night i let my dog outside while i was bust doign like 10 ohter things at once.
well... about 2 hours later i remembered my dog..
our yard isnt fenced in a ll the way and he was gone,
that is the worst i have ever felt..
i walked around looking for him till after 3am till i got a call that he came home by himself.
hope your kitty comes back soon.
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:33 AM   #26
ViCyniC
Rage3D Spammer

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Do you have any new neighbors? Maybe of Korean descent?
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:40 AM   #27
Zero
Sass hole

Zero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

My friend's cat went missing for a month when they went to the cottage. Cats can smell their way back to you, keep searching.

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."
-SpongeBebop, Rage3D 2003

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friederich Nietzsche on James Crivellone

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Intel Q9550 (400x8.5 1.25v stock HSF)
Corsair HX620
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD
Logitech EasyCall Desktop KB + Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
T9300 2.5GHz 6MB Cache VM-enabled
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1
HDMI audio-capable output

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
ATI 4770 1GB
500GB Western Digital + 250GB Maxtor HDs
Samsung 50" PN50C550 Plasma TV

Dark Knight Modded Xbox 360 Premium (Launch)
XBox 360 RE5 Elite (Jasper)
Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:43 AM   #28
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
You could always make up some fliers and post them around the neighborhood. Perhaps somebody has taken it in and will return it.
I saw your post pre-edit...you dirty dirty boy
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:49 AM   #29
monkeydust
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
I saw your post pre-edit...you dirty dirty boy
Yeah, I decided it might have been seen in bad taste since this is obviously a serious matter.
EVGA GTX 670 SC
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Old Nov 12, 2006, 01:12 PM   #30
Fat Jez
Rage3D Veteran

She's home, but she's limping badly. I'm going to take her to the vets straight away and have them check her out. Her daughter was hit by a car and looked OK before, but had internal injuries, so I'm not taking any chances!

Thanks to all for their concern and support.

Jez