Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Nov 4, 2006, 03:18 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Arrow WW2 movies seen from a German point of view?

I would like to see some movie where the main characters are German soldiers and not Americans. I have seen "Das Boot" and "Nothing New On The Western Front (produced in the 1930s)".

Anything else? Foreign movies are welcome.

Thanks

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 03:37 AM   #2
gillies
Radeon HD 6870

gillies is still being judged by the masses

There is a German film called "Stalingrad" which is very good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108211/
gillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 04:31 AM   #3
aop
Rage3D Veteran

aop is still being judged by the masses

Not actually a war movie but a movie about German POW escaping from slave labor camp in Siberia:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0277327/
aop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 4, 2006, 04:52 AM   #4
Lithurge
Radeon HD 6950

Lithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Not a war movie in the traditional sense, but still a very good German film about the last days of the war.

Downfall

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/
Lithurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:45 AM   #5
Arno
Radeon HD 6970

Arno is still being judged by the masses

All Quiet on the Western Front (1979 version) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078753/

Der Untergang / Downfall is indeed a must-see, preferably with the orginal German voices.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:14 AM   #6
|FRITZ|
Banned

|FRITZ| is still being judged by the masses

we could of won god dammit..

i think8)
|FRITZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:36 AM   #7
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultypax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultypax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Its more russian point of vue but I thought Enemy at the Gates was a great flick.
NEW UBAH RIG 1 Dec 2009! (Upgrade 2 Jan 10th 2011!>> Upgrade 3 Jan 2013): Asus M4A89GTD Pro\USB3 Bios 2001, Phenom2 965 3.4 ghz 125w tdp, 4 x 2 OCZ 7-7-7-20 Patriot Viper ddr3 1600, Sapphire 6950 2GB Cats 11.10, X-fi fatality PCI, 1 x 750 GB seagate momentus hybrid drive. 1 x 1TB seagate 7200.11 HD, 1 x 3TB Seagate 7200.12 HD, 1 x 2TB seagate LP, Corsair TX 750w, Asus VS278Q 27" mon (new mon after 8 years of the dell 2405fpw! Very nice upgrade). Win 8 Pro

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:37 AM   #8
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

I would love to see some kind of band or brothers mini series from a german point of view. With some of the same battles as in BoB but from the point of view of the germans
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:43 AM   #9
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillies View Post
There is a German film called "Stalingrad" which is very good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108211/

Another recommendation for Stalingrad.
luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 07:22 AM   #10
Arno
Radeon HD 6970

Arno is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeWing View Post
I would love to see some kind of band or brothers mini series from a german point of view. With some of the same battles as in BoB but from the point of view of the germans
Yeah, that would be awesome, as long as the germans are on the losing end.
I don't think a movie about the 1940 blitzkrieg campaign (invasion of Poland, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, France, etc) would be that fun to watch.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 07:28 AM   #11
Samurai_crip
AMD FanBoi

Samurai_crip is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxor View Post
Another recommendation for Stalingrad.
And another its a great film and i actualy felt sorry for the germans

Samurai_crip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:42 AM   #12
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithurge View Post
Not a war movie in the traditional sense, but still a very good German film about the last days of the war.

Downfall

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/
http://www.downfallthefilm.com/

Plot Outline: Traudl Junge (Lara), the final secretary for Adolf Hitler (Ganz), tells of the Nazi dictator's final days in his Berlin bunker at the end of WWII

It's the last days of Adolf Hitler, April 1945, and Hitler's personal secretary Traudl Junge finds herself in the Der Fuhrer's bunker. Facing inevitable defeat, Hilter's moods range from defiance to fight or flee, remain loyal or opt for self-preservation. Eva Braun parties while Magda Goebbels kills her children. The movie goes on to show how Hitler and Eva lived their last hours in the Bunker.

One of the best ww2/hitler film/documentry ever made

Lithurge , yep its a good'n
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:45 AM   #13
Osirus
Rage3D Veteran

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

^^
you will just find yourself chuckleing at certian points thinking of the flight simulator X movie lol

but yeah, great flick
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:06 PM   #14
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arno View Post
I don't think a movie about the 1940 blitzkrieg campaign (invasion of Poland, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, France, etc) would be that fun to watch.
That is highly subjective.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendations everyone. I'll be sure to get Stalingrad.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:59 PM   #15
chew
no

chew is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeWing View Post
Don't count on it
chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:11 PM   #16
politenessman
I Was Cured Alright.

politenessman is still being judged by the masses

"cross of iron" - germans vs russians from the german point of view. james coburn and a bunch of guys that were later in das boot. directed by sam pekinpah. also james mason, david warner and maximillian schell. great movie.
"the blue max" world war one from the german point of view.

very truly yours,
politenessman
hd7870 cf
corsair ax1200
silverstone ft02bw
politenessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:49 PM   #17
vazel
Banned

vazel is still being judged by the masses

Another vote for Cross of Iron. It's my second fave WW2 movie after Downfall.
vazel is offline   Reply With Quote