"

Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:40 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
1stFlight
Rage3D Veteran

1stFlight is still being judged by the masses

Default Firefox 2.0 Offically Released

Alright web surfers, the day you've been waiting for is here! Firefox 2.0 has been officially released!

#
Visual Refresh: Firefox 2's theme and user interface have been updated to improve usability without altering the familiarity of the browsing experience.
#

Built-in phishing protection: Phishing Protection warns users when they encounter suspected Web forgeries, and offers to return the user to their home page. Phishing Protection is turned on by default, and works by checking sites against either a local or online list of known phishing sites. This list is automatically downloaded and regularly updated when the Phishing Protection feature is enabled.
#

Enhanced search capabilities: Search term suggestions will now appear as users type in the integrated search box when using the Google, Yahoo! or Answers.com search engines. A new search engine manager makes it easier to add, remove and re-order search engines, and users will be alerted when Firefox encounters a website that offers new search engines that the user may wish to install.
#

Improved tabbed browsing: By default, Firefox will open links in new tabs instead of new windows, and each tab will now have a close tab button. Power users who open more tabs than can fit in a single window will see arrows on the left and right side of the tab strip that let them scroll back and forth between their tabs. The History menu will keep a list of recently closed tabs, and a shortcut lets users quickly re-open an accidentally closed tab.

Get it at Mozilla.com!
AMD64 X2 4200, Sapphire ATI X1950XT, 2GB Geil 3200 DDR Ram, 250GB Western Digital HD, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers, and a case only a mother could love.. :p AMD AthlonXP 2500, GeForce 4 4200, 1GB Corsair DDR, 80GB Western Digital HD Dell 8600 Laptop pushing an ATI Mobility 9600 Turbo , 1GB SODIMM's and 40GB drive AMD Duron 1.3Ghz (seriously), 1.5GB SDRAM, a Radeon 64 VIVO, an ungodly amount of HD space and of course, Linux :)
1stFlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:43 PM   #2
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

FF 2.0 rocks. Sleeker design and improved browsing.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Mmm_Beefy
R.I.P Vengy!

Mmm_Beefy is still being judged by the masses

LOL on a lark i went to the FF site earlier.. dont even know why really. i just downloaded it and installed it and saw this thread hehe.

only lost 2 or 3 extentions... not bad, waiting for an updated Session Saver, and i'm all set.

even the noia theme i use was updated.. sweet.

cheers
wow alow bunch of nood who dont know what the **** they talking about 1 you need to sleep atlist 8:30 hours and who the **** drinks Neutrament for break fast ? its only for help to recovery protein will not gona make you get big protein jast help you recover you muscle and you need to eat breakfast then after 2 hours drink 40 g of protein in 2 hours eat lunch then agen in 2 hours eat some frots whit yugurs or milk go to gym before work out drink some creatine i can even sogest you TRACK is the best in marke after work out rush home emedatle drink 40 grams of protein shake whit fruts bannans and some apples and strobery or some fruets that you like and then after 40 minuts eat dinner that is my single day work out and food that i eat write now iam 210 pounds 23% fat my bench is 300 for 3rep max my deadleaft is 470 punds for 4 reps max my shuads is top 28o for 8 reps

C2Q Q6600 @ 3ghz
Zalman 9700 cooler
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
4x1gig Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
Geforce 7300 128meg
1x500gig WD Caviar
Liteon CDRW
Antec P180 case
Xubuntu 32bit

Abit IP35-E
C2Q Q6600 B3 @3ghz
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro
4Gigs 2x1 Crucial Ballistix 2x1gig Corsair Valuselect
EVGA 8800 GTS 640meg
1x 250gig WD Caviar
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD/RW
Monsoon MM-700 2.1 speakers (old but man do they rock)
WinXP sp2

Windows is easier than Linux, just like crapping your pants is easier than going to the bathroom.
Fold for Rage... and women will find you sexy
Mmm_Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:05 PM   #4
1stFlight
Rage3D Veteran

1stFlight is still being judged by the masses

I will say it does feel faster, and the integrated forum spell checker is sweet!!
AMD64 X2 4200, Sapphire ATI X1950XT, 2GB Geil 3200 DDR Ram, 250GB Western Digital HD, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers, and a case only a mother could love.. :p AMD AthlonXP 2500, GeForce 4 4200, 1GB Corsair DDR, 80GB Western Digital HD Dell 8600 Laptop pushing an ATI Mobility 9600 Turbo , 1GB SODIMM's and 40GB drive AMD Duron 1.3Ghz (seriously), 1.5GB SDRAM, a Radeon 64 VIVO, an ungodly amount of HD space and of course, Linux :)
1stFlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:09 PM   #5
sittal
Rage3D Spammer

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

forum spell checker?
SPELL CHECKER?!?!??!?!

*downloads immediatly*

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:14 PM   #6
AMD_G@y
Radeon HD 6970

AMD_G@y is still being judged by the masses

Wow Im impressed, FireFox is ALMOST equal to what Opera was a year and a half ago.

Thanks but no thanks, I'll keep Opera with it's 'old' tabbed browsing, user controlled search engine, fully customizable UI, Content blocking, WAND, IRC client, Mail Client, BitTorrent, RSS/Atom Reader .. etc etc and still under 5Mb.
AMD_G@y is offline   Reply With Quote