Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

"

Old Aug 3, 2006, 04:09 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
spysmily1

spysmily1 is still being judged by the masses

Default How to completely disable powerplay?

Windows MCE
Notebook PC
Pentium 4 3.4ghz
ATI mobility X600
1gig ddr 400

I am looking for a way to install the latest ATI drivers with an interface such as CCC but without the powerplay option so that it is completely disabled. My problem is that the LCD is malfunctioning whenever I play a fullscreen game that switches resolution. My theory is that the problem stems from the powerplay option but I have no real proof because I can only disable the powerplay function from the CCC. I believe that the powerplay still has an effect even when disabled from CCC. I have tried a driver only installation and the problem is nonexistant, but I do want the features that the interface gives me.

I also want to be able to prove that the powerplay is giving me problems which others I have been given advice from have told me that they also think that powerplay is the problem.

If I can't install the CCC with the drivers can anyone give me a direction to another interface that would help as I have already tried the Omega drivers with the same result.

Thx for listening.

Last edited by spysmily1 : Aug 3, 2006 at 11:59 PM.
spysmily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:06 PM   #2
Snipester
Radeon HD 6850

Snipester is still being judged by the masses

Hi Spysmily1,

It seems like your problem may be CCC related but not necessarily related to powerplay. Unchecking the powerplay option SHOULD turn it off in CCC. Did you obtain the drivers from your notebook PC provider? DO you know which version it is?

Currently ATI drivers i think do not install on mobility or notebook systems. There is a mod available from Driver heaven i think to make the lastest driver work on mobility platforms. You can do some research and try that.

-B
ATI 9600 64mb
Samsung SyncMaster 955DF
LG 4040B
Lite-On 24x10x40x
Logitech Z5200
Snipester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 09:07 PM   #3
spysmily1

spysmily1 is still being judged by the masses

The issue is kinda difficult and might not be powerplay related but the only thing I noticed is that this problem doesn't occur really when I start the game and ac adapter is not being used, only running from battery. Another weird thing is this doesn't seem to have problems when using centered timings but when I have either one of scaled image options selected. I do use the modded drivers but I have used manufacturer drivers before.

I have also used the regular Control Panel before with same issue.
spysmily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad