Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Jun 28, 2006, 02:42 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Lost in Bravil Oblivion Gate (Aid for Bruma quest)

I'm lost. I went inside and I'm lost. There is one gate inside it but it says that its open elsewhere and won't let me go through. Not only that, but I don't remember how to go back to the Oblivion entrance I came through. Help!
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:39 PM   #2
SilentBunny
shinigami

SilentBunny is still being judged by the masses

all oblivion realms are randomly generated far as i know (generated when you step through the first time) if you're in a realm with several towers, you have to explore all of them to get to the levers to open the swinging gates blocking your passage through the oblivion "roads".

if you have lots of hitpoints or can swim through lava fast enough to survive to the other side, just go around the locked swing-gates via the lava.

or just load up your map to check where you are
Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:40 PM   #3
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah, I can see from elsewhere that the largest tower is behind that gate. I did not know I could swim in lava though...
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:43 PM   #4
SilentBunny
shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi
Yeah, I can see from elsewhere that the largest tower is behind that gate. I did not know I could swim in lava though...
well, it's not recommended to swim in it unless you have lots of heal spells lol your health goes down really really fast when you're in it. i often cast several stacks of shield and fortify/restore health before i dive in.

mostly the lava route is useful for a very quick run-through to close a gate
Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:35 PM   #5
Comit
Hooter

Comit is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaderthanred
if you have lots of hitpoints or can swim through lava fast enough to survive to the other side, just go around the locked swing-gates via the lava.

^_^ @ if real life were like that.
"How do we get past this river of lava??"
"It's ok! I have enough hitpoints to swim through!"
Comit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 03:07 AM   #6
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

You have to unlock the gate in one of the smaller towers. Just run past everything since you only have 15 minutes to close everything. You go into a tower and when you reach the top there should be a contraption where you can pull on some levers, that will open the gate. Also you can read up the Gamespot Oblivion Guide. Its pretty helpful in questing. I used it once and got the answer right away. Does not contain many spoilers also. .
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 05:53 AM   #7
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Well, thanks KickAssCop. I'll be waiting until I get my HD toobie home with me today before playing Oblivion again. BTW, are you really a cop?
Old Jun 29, 2006, 06:10 AM   #8
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Well, thanks KickAssCop. I'll be waiting until I get my HD toobie home with me today before playing Oblivion again. BTW, are you really a cop?
Errr.. no.. only in fantasies..
Old Jun 29, 2006, 06:14 AM   #9
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot

After entering the Great Gate, you'll have fifteen minutes to reach the top of the citadel and shut down the gate. Why the specific amount of time? Because the daedric siege engine is crawling towards the gate! After fifteen minutes, it'll emerge from the gate, and even if you shut down the Gate, it'll still be able to destroy most of Bruma. Thus the fifteen minute timer. Save your game as soon as you enter the Plane, then. You should be able to get past most of the enemies and scale the tower (it's slightly smaller than most citadels) within the timeframe, but if not, then you'll be able to reload and try again.

At the outset of the level, the large gate in front of you will open up, revealing the siege engine off in the distance and a couple of opponents in the foreground. The siege engine will begin firing Flares at you, so keep your weapons sheathed (and preferably unequipped) while you run past your enemies into the tower on your right, to the northeast. (It should be highlighted on your compass in red.) Ignore your foes if they follow you into the tower; just ride the Corpse Smasher up to the walkways and walk all the way to the top of the tower here, killing anything in your path. The door at the top of the tower will lead you over a walkway to the next tower to the north.

The top level of this tower has two doors; one heading south (through which you just entered) and one heading west. Ignore the western one and head down to the mid level of the tower, just above where the Corpse Smasher would normally reach its maximum height. There's another door here leading north, and that's the one you want to come to. It leads to what will probably appear to be an intimidatingly long jump, but it should be doable for almost every character, if you can get up enough speed. You need to jump from the platform you're on to the one farther ahead. If you unequip your weapon (and we mean actually putting it in your inventory, not just sheathing it or slinging it onto your back or whatever) and all of your armor (especially if you're wearing heavy armor), then you should be able to make the jump. Just be sure to save your game before attempting it!

Tip: If you're really having a hard time making this jump, return to the tower behind you, head to the top, take the western door, go to the tower there, then exit out the north. It leads to the same place, but takes a bit longer.

After making the jump here, make your way to the tower directly north of you; you'll probably have to circle behind it to reach the gray road that leads from east to west. This last minitower features a switch at the top of it, so scale the tower, flip the switch to open the gate, then return to the bottom of the tower and exit. The gate nearby will be swinging open, revealing the path to the Citadel.

After killing the Sigil Keeper on the first floor and grabbing his key, head into the Vaults of End Times. Flip the switch after reaching the top of the ramp to drop the blade traps in front of you, then run under them as they're rising. You'll come to three doors: to your right (north) is a door leading to a treasure chest; to the west are a pair of magicka and health regenerators, and to the south is the exit to the upper levels of the citadel.

We said that the citadel here was small, and indeed, the next interior section you'll enter will be the Sigil Stone sanctuary. Kill the guards (or just run past them, but don't neglect to check the Punished for treasure), then get to the Great Sigil Stone and activate it.

Tip: Although you can't use the Great Sigil Stone to enhance your weaponry or armor, you will be getting a Sigil Stone from this quest after you teleport back to Bruma. Save your game after activating the Great Sigil Stone so that you can reload if you don't like what you've obtained.

After you reappear in Bruma, survey the battlefield. The siege engine, cut in half by the collapse of the Great Gate, collapses itself, discharging a Sigil Stone onto the battlefield. Martin, who now has everything he needs to complete the portal to Cameron's Paradise, asks you to meet him in Cloud Ruler Temple when you're ready to go. Jauffre may have died, no matter what you do in the Plane of Oblivion, so feel free to mourn him before looting his corpse. Old coot didn't even manage to carry any magical items.
Just in case you are a lazy bastard.

Last edited by KAC : Jun 29, 2006 at 06:17 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 06:57 AM   #10
SilentBunny
shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comit
^_^ @ if real life were like that.
"How do we get past this river of lava??"
"It's ok! I have enough hitpoints to swim through!"

btw if you're running through all enemies in that level, make sure you kill all of the ones that are still chasing you before you enter the Sigilum Sanguis (or whatever the name is of the room with the sigil stone itself)

i don't know if it's a conflict of mods i'm using or just a weird bug, but if i barged into the sigil stone room with enemies still alive in the previous room, the game completely crashes on me.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:54 AM   #11
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Yeah, I just happened to go through this one yesterday. Didn't bother with the towers; I just hopped around the gate, through the lava. I don't think it took more than three or four hops, and I took minimal damage. If you have a scroll or potion to protect you from fire damage, you might give it a shot.

Useful strategies:

When fighting single enemies on the Planes (Plains?) of Oblivion, outside the towers, lure them to the lava's edge. Then run around them, and force them into the lava. It'll kill enemies fairly quickly (though not instantly). You'll pretty much forfeit recovering anything from the bodies (without taking more lava damage), but they rarely carry anything good anyway.

Second, and this is sort of a cheat... Once you're in the tower (any Oblivion tower), you can save a LOT of time by ignoring most of the enemies. Assuming you've got decent speed (no need for invisibility / chameleon), just sheath your weapon, and run through the tower. You'll take the occasional hit, but if you don't stop you can usually make it all the way to the top of the tower, grab the stone, and you're done.

Finally, always save your game before grabbing an Oblivion stone. Once you grab it, wait about two seconds until you see the message letting you know it's in your inventory. Check your inventory, and note the attributes of the Sigil Stone. If you like it, unpause, and enjoy the ride home. If you don't like the attributes, reload, and grab the stone again; the attributes are defined at the moment you grab the stone, so it's different every time.

Yesterday, I got a nice "Feather +50" stone. Between that, and becoming a Master of Heavy Armor, I can carry all sorts of unwieldy crap to sell.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 09:00 AM   #12
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Weird, I never saw any sigil stone in my inventory after leaving the Planes. Anyway, I like to fight every fight that comes along because it helps for leveling up. Right about now, the Oblivion enemies are pretty easy to chop down.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:15 AM   #13
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Weird, I never saw any sigil stone in my inventory after leaving the Planes. Anyway, I like to fight every fight that comes along because it helps for leveling up. Right about now, the Oblivion enemies are pretty easy to chop down.
Eh? That's the reward for closing an oblivion gate. Each time, you receive a sigil stone in your inventory, which can be used to augment any non-magical weapon or armor piece with attributes defined by the stone.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:54 PM   #14
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
I'm lost. I went inside and I'm lost. There is one gate inside it but it says that its open elsewhere and won't let me go through. Not only that, but I don't remember how to go back to the Oblivion entrance I came through. Help!
Sorry for old thread but this gate has me totally stumped. Its not like all the others where 3 towers usually interconnect with telescoping ramps. These towers are far apart in a HUGE area with a few caves, several broken bridges, and countless lava lakes.

I've been wandering around inside this gate for over 3 hours now and I haven't the slightest clue as to where I'm suppose to find the Stone. Been up every tower, kill nearly everything.

Anyone have a good memory? Note its NOT the Bruma gate, its the one near Bravil.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:08 AM   #15
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Dude, you're going to have to hop across the lava. That's how I did it. I went around the gate that said it was opened elsewhere, hopping across and healing simultaneously. Hope you have good acrobatic rating
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:25 AM   #16
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

NM. I missed 1 stupid door in a tower. Damn nation this Oblivion gate pissed me off; feel like I wasted so much stupid time in this samey hell hole place.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 04:36 AM   #17
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Just in case you are a lazy bastard.
whoa whoa whoa... What quest is that ? Never encountered that one ??

i7 3770K (4,5 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
2X GTX680
Asus V248QE 144hz + Samsung Syncmaster Sa700
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:10 AM   #18
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwards

wow oblivion was out more than 2 years ago? no way

oh yea at you guys getting stuck in oblivion its not myst
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:46 PM   #19
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

I was in the gate that I started this thread about for 2 hours before I learned here to just hop across the lava.

But that's not as bad as the time I got stuck in an objective on GRAW for 4 hours wondering what I was doing wrong! I finally broke down and resorted to cheating with the internet, where I learned that a common glitch was causing me to not be able to move on. I was so mad that I didn't play the game again for almost a year. By then, a patch had come out that fixed this and I beat the game finally but at the time and