Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

"

Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:11 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
john2
Rage3D Veteran

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Tales of Eternia , Breath Of Fire 3 and Astonishia Story are simply great (well yeah,i hadn't played BOF3 before ). Throw in there the Snes emulator and all these games and you must be crazy not to buy PSP. It's the best RPG portable platform,period. Oh and there are some awesome homebrew games as well
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:31 PM   #32
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I finished Popolocrois and loved it. Its about 35 hours long. I just started Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade on Thursday and I loved it! The story is kinda loose but its an excellent hack-n-slash with great customizeablity. I'm waiting for the Armored Core that I traded someone online for to come in. Don't worry, he's sending first.
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:02 AM   #33
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu is still being judged by the masses

I was in limbo about getting a DS. I wanted some of the must have titles, but when the DS lite came out, limbo was over and I picked one up and I have used it about as much in a week as I typically use any handheld in a 2 or 3 months.

Anywho, from my admittedly outsider point of view, the psp doesn't really look half bad. First of all, when I pass by the display case in stores I see alot of mainstream type games for the psp. While perhaps not the flashiest must haves, these are the types of games that consistently do well in the sales charts like sports games, racing games, and various ps2 ports. If you goal is "portable" gaming, having mainstream games on a portable system doesn't seem like such a bad strategy.

Second, what has really temped me with the psp is all the homebrew stuff. Snes emulation sounds like a winner to me. Chrono Trigger, Donkey Kong Kountry, Super Mario World on the go anyone?

Third, you have a media\mp3 player. I've seen people walking around watching family guy on their psp. To be perfectly honest though, I really don't know how expensive memory cards are, I don't know how easy or hard it is to get the homebrew stuff working, I haven't bought a psp, and I don't intend to buy one, but from my outsider point of view, it doesn't look like a bad device.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:03 PM   #34
Fragmastergen
Radeon HD 6950

Fragmastergen is still being judged by the masses

^ finally someone with a balanced opinion
Gigabyte ATI X800 xt 256mb
Creative Audigy 2
Fragmastergen is offline   Reply With Quote