Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:42 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ratchet
The Tool

Ratchet is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber
GeForce 6-series Roundup

I've taken the opportunity to publish an article looking at the performance of a bunch of 6-series graphics cards from EVGA and XFX which I've had on hand here for the last few months for testing purposes. I've used pretty much all of these cards as comparison points in a number of other reviews and examining their performance was something I wanted to dedicate some time toward.

While the series seems to be winding down now with the release of budget and mid-stream 7-series cards, NVIDIA's original SM3.0 capable graphics part still has a lot to offer for those of you looking for an affordable graphics upgrade. Check out the article here.
Initially the 6-series line was launched with the 6800 Ultra and the 6800 GT. While the 6800 Ultra has long since ceased production, the 6800 GT lives on even today and has since been joined by numerous other additions to the line covering a wide range of price and performance points. While it can’t be said that the 6-series covers the high-end anymore (since taken over by the 7-series), the various iterations of the NV40 core behind the 6-series still contains enough features and power to keep the lineup on store shelves and selling.

Last edited by Ratchet : Feb 20, 2006 at 08:48 AM.
Ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:49 PM   #2
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Excellent stuff

Are you planning a ~$200 SLI roundup, also? It'd be interested in seeing if it would be worthwhile to go SLI on 6600's or lower 6800's.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:58 PM   #3
Ratchet
The Tool

Ratchet is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim
Excellent stuff

Are you planning a ~$200 SLI roundup, also? It'd be interested in seeing if it would be worthwhile to go SLI on 6600's or lower 6800's.
I may check that out at some point in the future. Haven't really got the time right now.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:50 AM   #4
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

I just read this......hell of a good job! You can tell a lot of hard work went in too this round-up, as well as lots of time!
And I must say that since I went to my Athlon 64 it seems to have breathed new life into my 6800GT. Over what my poor little XP3000+ could do for it.

Geforce 6 series!
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote