Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:10 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Default How was your day?

Well, for me I got to find out my mother has pancreas cancer and it already has spread into the lymphnodes(sp?)... A good day indeed....

I don't know what to do.. Shes only 44 I am 19 (20 in a month), have a younger brother that is 13 and thinking about how he is going to be is killing me..

Never seen my father cry untill this day.

So call me emo or whatever I don't care but I am going to ask you to put her into your prayers please.

Now to go listen to some music to try and rhave some nice memories.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:12 PM   #2
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

One word: boooooooooooooooring

Didn't have to go to work today, so spent all day sitting on my arse and surfing web.
Can't wait to go to work tomorrow, honestly.

P.S. Sorry to hear about it man.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:23 PM   #3
MangaSpawn64
( o Y o )

MangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Sorry about this man... Sending all of you good vibes.
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:26 PM   #4
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Don't worry bro, she'd be in my prayers.

About my day... well, it kinda just started (still in HK having my vacation) so I'd just have to tell you later about it.

Edit: About my day, blah, it totally blew. I was supposed to watch Tony Ja's new film but instead I stayed home all day because of my brother's rather serious allergy symptoms. Didn't do much at home either. Played Tiger Woods '05 for 3 hrs straight, surfed the net for 2, and watched a couple of my "pre-recordings" of Lost (the TV series). Gosh, talk about boring.

Last edited by Chuck : Aug 23, 2005 at 08:35 PM.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:29 PM   #5
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Oh shi...
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:30 PM   #6
magicknight0233
Radeon Arctic Islands

magicknight0233 is still being judged by the masses

Today was rather uneventful. I just stayed at home and pondered the meaning of life as I tried to do some of my med school apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed
Well, for me I got to find out my mother has pancreas cancer and it already has spread into the lymphnodes(sp?)... A good day indeed....
Really sorry to hear about that. Pancreatic cancer is a terrible disease. I hope she gets better.
magicknight0233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:31 PM   #7
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

sorry to hear about your mom , I hope she'll beat cancer like the many others who have.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:34 PM   #8
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My day was a pain in the ass.. got to bed last night at midnight, wake up at 4am, get in flatbed, drive to st. louis, simple right?

WRONG. Break down 80 miles from St. Louis with a broken pulley, and shredded belt. Truck overheats, and I pull off to the side, Cell phone is dead, just my luck. Go to some farm house, borrow phone, call trucking company. 3 hours later, Back on the road again. Get to St. Louis, get to customers house, drop off car, he's not home, and I have no phone to call him. seek out a best buy, get an in-car charger. Call him. He'll be there in an hour. So I go find a hotel... El quinta has no rooms... Go to baymont, get room, get liquid (super retarded thirsty). Go deliver car, key isnt working well, great, 92,000 car (997 Carrera S cabriolet) and the key doesnt want to work at any resonable distance, neutral/unhappy reaction from customer, we get key to work o.k., and I bid him adue. And now here I am, in the baymont using their free wireless, after, essentially, 17 hours on the road.

Oh well. For those curious, the customer was Jeff Wilkins
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:45 PM   #9
Ultimacy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ultimacy is still being judged by the masses

Really sorry to hear about your mom. I hope things turn out OK. Just remember to hang in there, things are not always as bad as they seem.

"This post is completely false and defamatory. Take it down or else."
Ultimacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:47 PM   #10
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM
My day was a pain in the ass.. got to bed last night at midnight, wake up at 4am, get in flatbed, drive to st. louis, simple right?

WRONG. Break down 80 miles from St. Louis with a broken pulley, and shredded belt. Truck overheats, and I pull off to the side, Cell phone is dead, just my luck. Go to some farm house, borrow phone, call trucking company. 3 hours later, Back on the road again. Get to St. Louis, get to customers house, drop off car, he's not home, and I have no phone to call him. seek out a best buy, get an in-car charger. Call him. He'll be there in an hour. So I go find a hotel... El quinta has no rooms... Go to baymont, get room, get liquid (super retarded thirsty). Go deliver car, key isnt working well, great, 92,000 car (997 Carrera S cabriolet) and the key doesnt want to work at any resonable distance, neutral/unhappy reaction from customer, we get key to work o.k., and I bid him adue. And now here I am, in the baymont using their free wireless, after, essentially, 17 hours on the road.

Oh well. For those curious, the customer was Jeff Wilkins
Who's Jeff Wilkens?

Sorry about your mom pissed.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:49 PM   #11
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx
Who's Jeff Wilkens?

Sorry about your mom pissed.
kicker for the St. Louis Rams
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:53 PM   #12
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Sorry bout your mom man, my day wasn't that great either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:55 PM   #13
JadeDragon
The World...

JadeDragon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

I don't know what to do.. Shes only 44 I am 19 (20 in a month), have a younger brother that is 13 and thinking about how he is going to be is killing me..

So call me emo or whatever I don't care but I am going to ask you to put her into your prayers please.

Fu**king cancer

Your in my prayers bud!!

My day was pretty good......................
3) Video Card: VisionTek 4870 X2
4) Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Sound Card Xtreme Music
5) Ram: 16GB of Kingston Reg-ECC Memory
6) SATA RAID HDD Setup (OS/Apps): 2 x 250GB Seagate Barracuda Drives
7) SATA Hard Drive: Western Digital 500GB HDD
8) Optical Drives: Samsung DL DVD+RW Burner
9) OS: Windows 2008 Server Enterprise SP2 (Tweaked for Workstation Performance Duties)
10) Case: Cooler Master 810 with side window.
11) PSU: Ultra X3 1600w
12) LCD: SAMSUNG 245BW
13) Current Connection Speed: 20975 kb/s Download & 2127 kb/s Upload

Xeon-Server
1) CPUs: Dual Intel 2.0GHz E5335 Xeon Quad-Cores
2) Motherboard: TYAN S2696 Tempest i5000XT
3) Video Card: VisionTek 4870 X2
4) Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Sound Card Xtreme Music
5) Ram: 6GB of Crucial DDR2 667 PC 5300 memory
6) SAS Hard Drive (OS/Apps): Seagate Cheetah 15k.4 146GB
7) SATA Hard Drive: Seagate 1.5TB HDD
8) SATA Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB HDD
9) SATA Hard Drive: Western Digital 500GB HDD
10) Optical Drives: Dual Samsung DL DVD+RW Burners
11) OS: Vista Ultimate 64-Bit Edition SP2
12) Case: Cooler Master Cosmo 1000
13) PSU: Coolmax 1200w CUQ-Series Power Supply
14) LCD: SAMSUNG 245BW
15) Current Connection Speed: 20975 kb/s Download & 2127 kb/s Upload
JadeDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 09:01 PM   #14
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Well, I was having a half bad day till your moms news put things into perspective. Hope all goes well with her and your family. Life really throws a curve ball at you once and a while.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 09:05 PM   #15
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

EMO

I suggest try herbal remedies and hope for the best.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...10214?v=glance
I suggest this book.

Written by a felon in jail for fraud... .

As for my day... I got 3 hours of sleep... took a physics test.. If i dont get a 95 on this test, i am dropping the course.... there is a 86.7% chance i didnt get a 95 or greater..
So I am tired.... depressed. and depressed. Cant top your day though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:24 PM   #16
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Thanks guys.. All night I just keep thinking about stuff. But... they said she is stage 4/5.. The surgery is one of the hardest. They are going to the best pancreas hostipital in missouri tommorow to get a 2nd opinion.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:40 PM   #17
Spazite
Kufar and proud!!!

Spazite is still being judged by the masses

Sorry about the cancer.
I'll pray for your mom.

Although this isnt a cure,I thought maybe you should look into it http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ha+tea&spell=1

Spazite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:47 PM   #18
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

I had two uncles die one day after the other. My grandma past 2 yrs ago . Grandma #2 past 2 months ago with having both legs amputated.

Im use to ppl pasting, so it really doesnt affect me anymore.

Hope ur relative gets better.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 11:06 PM   #19
Villainess
Haaaaaaiiii

Villainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I am so sorry to hear that. I will be thinking of her and wishing her well. I recently have had some bad news very similar to that. Always remember that there are others out there who know how you feel.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 11:07 PM   #20
scriccs
ilovericers

scriccs is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

My day sucked too. My favorite Italian grandma died at the age of 90. We were glad to see her go after a week in the hospital. She went in for a heart attack which led her to break her hip. After that her kidneys shut down. A couple days later another heart attack then respiratory problems. There were more problems amazingly. IDK how she lasted that long but Im glad shes not suffering anymore.

On top of that I spent 3 hours trying to crack Uleads Studio 9 trial version. I put in my new sound card and found out I hate it. So now I have to return it and sell my Audigy which no one will buy.

But to top things off I had to work.

BTW I hope everything with your family turns out alright. We are all hoping for the best.

-MSI K7N2-L
w/
Mobile 2400+ 35w @ 2.45ghz
-1024 mb DDR Geil 3200
-HIS ICE Q 9800Pro @ 420/710
-WD SE 120 gig
-TDK burner & Hitachi DVD
-Audigy 2 ZS & Leadtek TV2000XP Deluxe
-Kingwin 450w PSU
-Logitech Z5300

Audigy 2 ZS Gamer for sale, pm me
scriccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 11:24 PM   #21
Villainess
Haaaaaaiiii

Villainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Heres a cute kitten or two to help make you smile:

Old Aug 22, 2005, 11:36 PM   #22
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

OMG... dude, that is EXACTLY what happened to my dad (except he had cancer in his throat). He already went through chemo and lost ALOT of weight, but the cancer still remained and it's in his lymph nodes now. The doctors told us that my dad only has a 2% chance of surviving the operation.

My dad won't even see me graduate highschool, since I'm only 17 and the youngest in the family. I cried for hours on end when I heard the news but I try to stay positive and it's hard sometimes.... I mean... 2% chance of my dad surviving...... my grandma will outlive my dad... some of my friends don't know how lucky they are.. and just to top it off my mom doesn't work (she got laid off awhile ago) so if my dad passes away... I don't know what's gonna happen..

Last edited by rayzian : Aug 22, 2005 at 11:53 PM.
rayzian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 12:39 AM   #23
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian
OMG... dude, that is EXACTLY what happened to my dad (except he had cancer in his throat). He already went through chemo and lost ALOT of weight, but the cancer still remained and it's in his lymph nodes now. The doctors told us that my dad only has a 2% chance of surviving the operation.

My dad won't even see me graduate highschool, since I'm only 17 and the youngest in the family. I cried for hours on end when I heard the news but I try to stay positive and it's hard sometimes.... I mean... 2% chance of my dad surviving...... my grandma will outlive my dad... some of my friends don't know how lucky they are.. and just to top it off my mom doesn't work (she got laid off awhile ago) so if my dad passes away... I don't know what's gonna happen..
Hey, maybe we should just move in together and fill the gaps? .

Trying to keep a positive look =/
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:07 AM   #24
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

well I had one of my life ****ing shittiest days ever but I dont want to talk about it

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:31 AM   #25
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
well I had one of my life ****ing shittiest days ever but I dont want to talk about it
my day? well up until now it was good, then heart crushed

My condolences CP, May the resy of my good vibes go towards your mom.

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:54 AM   #26
Reese
Living for today.

Reese is still being judged by the masses

damn man, that really sucks, i really hope for the best.

i know what its like to loose a mother.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:59 AM   #27
PreservedSwine
When's dinner?

PreservedSwine is still being judged by the masses

Oh f*ck

Words fail me, my thougths and prayers are with you and your family....... and rayzian, and your family too,
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government—lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry
PreservedSwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:16 AM   #28
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreservedSwine
and rayzian, and your family too,
yeah you too man, I'm sorry to hear about that
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:54 AM   #29
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

thanks guys..

i didn't want to post about it here but when I read this thread, i was sort of in awe at how we're in the exact same situation
Old Aug 23, 2005, 03:16 AM   #30
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian
thanks guys..

i didn't want to post about it here but when I read this thread, i was sort of in awe at how we're in the exact same situation
Ya its kinda wierd.. But while our will be finnacially ok, I know we will fall apart. My mother is the perfect housewife that everyone dreams of ( she was out of work for disabillity ). She did everything for us and was allways the "support" of the household.. I know things are going to be VERY shaky the first few months when things start to turn for the worst =/. I just hope they dont.

EDIT** Its amazing you don't realise how many people actually die from cancer untill it happens close.. This is a left and right thing... Makes automobile accidents look like a joke.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz