Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Aug 16, 2005, 07:48 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default Rage3D Folding: Methods to our Madness

First of all, a big thanks to all those who posted in the All Folders Check In! thread - nice to see so many old & new faces represented there!

Are there any Team Folders that you either know or see post in other forums? Please take a moment and PM or otherwise contact each of them, asking them to both check in and visit this thread. The information that will follow is important to everyone!!!

Okay, my point here is that I want each of our Folders to be aware of all the changes that Team Rage3D is and will be experiencing. If you haven't noticed, we're undergoing something of a revival here! I can't express how excited I am to witness our Forum coming back to life and our production on the rise. Each of you, whether you posted in this thread or not, deserve a big round of applause for your contribution to the team.

I also appreciate all the "silent" members of Team Rage3D. Trust me, I know how busy life is, and I'm pleased that you have decided to donate your valuable clock cycle to Team Rage3D Folding. That said, one of my goals is to increase forum contributions. The more life and excitement we have in here, the more people will wonder what is going on that is so great. Folding sells itself, but we sell the team.

But I digress. What changes are we seeing? Take a look:
  • Rage3D All Team Stats (LINK)
    You might have noticed that Rage3D now has its very own All Team Stats. Very few teams have undertaken such a challenging project, and I am proud to say that ours stats system ranks among the best (not that I'm biased lol).

• Contests (LINK)
    You may have also noticed that the Rage3D FOTY Contest is back (what do you mean you didn't vote?! ). This contest recognizes one individual per year for going above and beyond.

And here is where your ears might want to perk up. This contest is only the start. We will be holding regular contests from now on. Some will be production or recruitment contests. Some will be fundraisers for a Team prize fund. ALL will be worth watching out for.

Please also take the time to visit Fobinator's Folding Contests thread. Some excellent brainstorming going on in there!
  • Merchandising
    Several ideas are on the burner right now, including Team t-shirts and Folding case badges. One thing we need here is someone with the time, interest and know-how to organize a small committee and lead this venture. Someone to field ideas and help get them started and keep them going. If you're interested in leading or being a part of this, please send me or one of the other Folding mods a PM so we can get started!

• Subteams (LINK)
    There is so much potential here; so many different aspects that could be a blast if implemented correctly. We just need someone to take the reins and go for it. Again, please PM us if you have some great ideas and would like to take part in implementing them. Even if you don't have the time, your suggestions are ALWAYS welcome (Subteam Suggestion Box).

• Adopt a Rig (LINK)
    A place to donate spare parts or pick up that last part you need to complete your Folding rig. Future plans include contests where we will build complete systems and award them to team members. This is another area where we could use some additional leadership (hint hint ).

I will add more information to this list as we continue to brainstorm new ideas and, hopefully, introduce you to those of you who volunteer to help lead some of these ventures.

Now, for what you didn't know you were waiting for ... as a thank you to those of you who have responded to the Check In thread, I am awarding one of you with a new and unopened retail boxed 160GB PATA Western Digital WD1600JB HDD. That's right folks, one of those listed at the beginning of the thread is about to receive a PM from yours truly. You can all take this as a BIG HINT to watch and participate in the Folding Forum from now on! You will never know when the next SNEAK ATTACK PRIZE GIVAWAY will strike again!

The Fine Print:

The name will be chosen randomly, and I'll announce the winner on Friday, August 19. If you are the winner, and would prefer to pass the honor to someone else, please let me know immediately so I can draw another name.

Restrictions:
  • Sorry, free shipping to USA/Canada members only. If the winner lives outside North America, he/she will be given the opportunity to help w/ the shipping charges. Otherwise, a new name will be drawn (sorry, since we don't currently have a prize fund, shipping funds are limited - ie I am providing the prize & paying the shipping charges). Hopefully that will soon change.
  • You must be an active Folder (minimum one processor in the last seven days).
  • You must have a Rage3D account that is in good standing (ie you aren't in the middle of a temp ban).
  • You must reply to my PM by the following Monday (that'd be Aug. 22) at midnight

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them in this thread or contact me directly!

FOLD ON!

Last edited by Lupine : Jan 11, 2006 at 11:17 PM.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 08:29 PM   #2
jima13
Retired

jima13 is still being judged by the masses

so who won?

"The name will be chosen randomly, and I'll announce the winner on Friday, August 9"

jima13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 08:59 PM   #3
PreservedSwine
When's dinner?

PreservedSwine is still being judged by the masses

yay!
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government—lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry
PreservedSwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:03 PM   #4
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jima13
so who won?

"The name will be chosen randomly, and I'll announce the winner on Friday, August 9"

Yeah, I'd also like to know
luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:06 PM   #5
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by jima13
so who won?

doh lol. I wrote this thread over a month ago and obviously didn't update all dates properly. I meant the 19th. Fixed.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:39 PM   #6
Uber_Tiny
WTF DID I STEP IN

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

This is great news. I like it. I would also be interested in the Marketing! Would be alot of fun!!
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:43 PM   #7
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

confusedsoul can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyconfusedsoul can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

WOAH! Sweet deal yo! This is awesome, WTG Lupy! I think Rage3D folding is on teh right track! WTG PEOPLE! Lets demolish 2CPU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
confusedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:52 PM   #8
junglist1996
Reload selecta!

junglist1996 is still being judged by the masses

Nice, that's the exact HD I'm looking at to be used as an external backup drive. Thanks for your generosity. Anyway, what is the mechanism used to "randomly" pick a winner? Assigning a number to each candidate and use a computer to generate a random number within that range? A little bit more transparancy would be good.
<= See "System Specs" | CPU Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 2.4GHz | Mobo Asus P5Q Deluxe | RAM 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 | GPU HIS Radeon HD6570 1GB | SSD 120GB Intel 320 | Optical LG GGC-H20L Blu-ray/HD DVD | Case Origen AE S16V | PSU Zalman ZM600-HP | OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Input Logitech MX Air + Logitech diNovo Edge | TV Panasonic VIERA TH-P50V20H 50" Plasma 1080p | DAC Wyred4Sound DAC2 24/192 Async USB | Integrated amplifier Musical Fidelity AMS35i 35wpc pure Class A | Loudspeakers Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand | ASRock Core 100HT | CPU Core i3 350M 2.26GHz | Chipset Intel HM55 | RAM 4GB Kingston DDR3 1333 | GPU Intel HD Graphics | SSD 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 | Optical LG Super-Multi DVD burner | OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Input Logitech K400 | TV Sony BRAVIA KDL-40HX750 40" LED 1080p | DAC Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC 24/192 w/ M2Tech hiFace USB->SPDIF | Integrated amplifier Musical Fidelity A1 20wpc Class A | Loudspeakers DALI Royal Menuet II on Solidsteel ZR-7 | Dell XPS 15 (9530) | CPU Core i7 4702HQ 2.2GHz | Chipset Intel HM87 | RAM 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU Nvidia GT 750M 2GB Optimus + Intel HD Graphics 4600 | SSD 512GB Samsung SM841 | OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64 | Input Backlit keyboard (built-in) + Logitech Performance Mouse M950 + Filco Majestouch Ninja keyboard (Cherry MX Brown) | Display 15.6" 3200x1800 Touch + Matrox DualHead2Go w/ 2 x Dell UltraSharp 1907FP 2560x1024 | Sound Realtek HD Audio | Microsoft Surface Pro | CPU Core i5 3317U 1.7GHz | Chipset Intel HM77 | RAM 4GB DDR3 1600 | GPU Intel HD Graphics 4000 | SSD 128GB Micron RealSSD C400 | OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64 | Input Touch Cover + Surface Pen | Display 10.6" 1920x1080 touchscreen | QNAP TS-253 Pro | 2 x 6TB HGST Deskstar NAS RAID 1

Would you like to help cure cancer with your uber rig? Join the fold at Team Rage 3D today!
junglist1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:09 PM   #9
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

W00t! Folding prizes, hell yeah! this idea - I'm sure it'll be great for recruiting
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:18 PM   #10
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

confusedsoul can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyconfusedsoul can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Lupy, you have a pm!
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:21 PM   #11
PreservedSwine
When's dinner?

PreservedSwine is still being judged by the masses

So, if we check in 10 billion times in the other thread, does that increase our chances?

*runs over and starts typing

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government—lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry
PreservedSwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:49 PM   #12
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglist1996
Nice, that's the exact HD I'm looking at to be used as an external backup drive. Thanks for your generosity. Anyway, what is the mechanism used to "randomly" pick a winner? Assigning a number to each candidate and use a computer to generate a random number within that range? A little bit more transparancy would be good.
I put the list in excel and used this site to generate one random integer between 1 & 62:

http://www.random.org/nform.html

And I already know who the winner is. But you all have to wait. nanananana!
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:53 PM   #13
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine
I put the list in excel and used this site to generate one random integer between 1 & 62:

http://www.random.org/nform.html

And I already know who the winner is. But you all have to wait. nanananana!

Well if the number it generated for me is teh winnar, its not me But then again, that would be a HUGE coincedence (if it was the same number the site generated for me that is)!
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:51 PM   #14
carramrod01
Come get a taste

carramrod01 is still being judged by the masses

I nominate junglist
carramrod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 02:37 AM   #15
XSBagage
while the world crumbles

XSBagage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXSBagage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

"sneak attack prize giveaway"

Lupine: *sneak sneak*
Lupine: Attack! Fight for honor! Fight for glory! Fight for VICTORY!!!!!
Lupine: Congratulations you won a prize! Here is your 160Gb HD!
Winner: Did you have to come in battledress?!
Old Aug 17, 2005, 08:06 AM   #16
Honsy
I killed the RLD

Location: Canada The wrong side of Insanity a.k.a. Mississauga, ON
Honsy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSBagage
Winner: Did you have to come in a red dress?!
fix'd

Join Team Rage3D Folding and help make science happen.
Learn more
Honsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 06:49 PM   #17
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

Oh the suspense is KIIIIIILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 06:54 PM   #18
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

I could use more network storage.. That would be cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:49 PM   #19
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor
I could use more network storage.. That would be cool.

OH yeah, well well well, no! HA!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:22 PM   #20
snookums
Nothing is true.

snookums is still being judged by the masses

Lupine, do you accept bribes? I can give you manches!?!?!?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:04 PM   #21
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookums

No, he doesn't, at least thats what he told me after I pm'ed him . (See previous post)

J/K, he'd rather have manches from me than you anyways so
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:15 PM   #22
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookums
We plan to accept bribes in future contests.

Contact Andrew regarding manches bribes. That's his area of expertise.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:30 PM   #23
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine
We plan to accept bribes in future contests.

Contact Andrew regarding manches bribes. That's his area of expertise.

BURN!!!!!!!!! then B7
Old Aug 19, 2005, 01:03 AM   #24
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

Hey Lupine, one more hour and it will be Friday for the whole US
Old Aug 19, 2005, 01:05 AM   #25
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedsoul
Hey Lupine, one more hour and it will be Friday for the whole US
Shame that I'll be asleep by then. Remember, patience is a virtue ... kekeke

Old Aug 19, 2005, 01:11 AM   #26
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

I think I'll die if you don't annouce the winna, would you want that on your head j/k
Old Aug 19, 2005, 01:16 AM   #27
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedsoul
would you want that on your head
No, over in the corner w/ all the other corpses will be fine.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 01:19 AM   #28
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

Oh Lupy, you're so witty LOL
Old Aug 19, 2005, 05:08 AM   #29
XSBagage
while the world crumbles

XSBagage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXSBagage can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Who won? It's Friday... for like 12 hours already ...
Old Aug 19, 2005, 07:45 AM   #30
Honsy
I killed the RLD

Location: Canada The wrong side of Insanity a.k.a. Mississauga, ON
Honsy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSBagage
Who won? It's Friday... for like 12 hours already ...
I think Lupy's an American West Coaster, still before 6am and he needs his beauty sleep.

Join Team Rage3D Folding and help make science happen.
Learn more
Honsy is offline   Reply With Quote