Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Nov 29, 2005, 04:01 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Still folding away on two lil machines...
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:30 AM   #182
mrbaggs
Ashes to Ashes

mrbaggs is still being judged by the masses

Think I finally got both cores folding properly, took me a bit to get the 2 command line clients set up right. Hopefully both of my cores are folding their little plastic melting hearts out.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 06:38 AM   #183
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

excellent /mr burns

hope my 2nd proc i ordered for my workstation comes in soon (its nice when you just have work buy you stuff )
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:18 PM   #184
Brillonius
just swingin'

Brillonius is still being judged by the masses

Hello, I've just added [email protected] to both of my PCs. It's all pretty new to me, but it definitely seems like a worthy cause.

I've been lurking here for several months, mainly in the OT forum. I'd have posted long before now, were it not for the deadly bands of Proxy Ninjas guarding our connections at work. Read all you want, but try to login and **poof!** like it never existed...
Brillonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:19 PM   #185
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Welcome Brillonius! Glad to have you with us! What kind of machines you got folding for you? Are you a contenda??!?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:48 PM   #186
Brillonius
just swingin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim
Welcome Brillonius! Glad to have you with us! What kind of machines you got folding for you? Are you a contenda??!?
A contenda? I don't know about that, but I think they're all right, since they're about 9 months old now. Here's some of the specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
2048MB DDR400
ATI X850 XT

From what I've read so far, it looks like there are better ways to set up [email protected] then the graphical interface I downloaded. Maybe I'll try to tweak it this weekend.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 07:24 AM   #187
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Oh baby thats some sweet stuff right there. Good for folding, too

As for set up, the best way I've found is the 504 console client. Install as a service, select how much memory it can use as a maximum, say yes to downloading large WU to enable big WU's (=big PPD), edit your advanced settings and set your max cpu usage (i set mine to idle priority, 90% max), and turn on advanced scientific methods too. Don't worry about misconfiguring it, you can always run the console again with the -config flag to change it.

Get to it, man!

Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:21 AM   #188
noodles
Long and Soft

noodles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Welcome back! Hope you are using that second thread, too!
But of course.

I should be getting a new PC for the home in a little while (2-4 months out). My current one is junk (P3 533). It *might* be able to fold, but it would certainly limp.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:16 PM   #189
Brillonius
just swingin'

Quote:
Oh baby thats some sweet stuff right there. Good for folding, too

As for set up, the best way I've found is the 504 console client. Install as a service, select how much memory it can use as a maximum, say yes to downloading large WU to enable big WU's (=big PPD), edit your advanced settings and set your max cpu usage (i set mine to idle priority, 90% max), and turn on advanced scientific methods too. Don't worry about misconfiguring it, you can always run the console again with the -config flag to change it.

Get to it, man!

Aye Captain, 'tis done! I set it up as you suggested, although it's a little weird having it run in the background, I was used to looking at the GUI when I wanted to see how it was progressing.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:25 PM   #190
CacheSyntax
Radeon R200

CacheSyntax is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillonius
Hello, I've just added [email protected] to both of my PCs. It's all pretty new to me, but it definitely seems like a worthy cause.

I've been lurking here for several months, mainly in the OT forum. I'd have posted long before now, were it not for the deadly bands of Proxy Ninjas guarding our connections at work. Read all you want, but try to login and **poof!** like it never existed...
What the heck. Brillonius has only 3 WUs, and already has an avatar? I have like seven and I don't have squat.

Nice.

Cache
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:29 PM   #191
Brillonius
just swingin'

It's one of the generic avatars, I think. Just go into User CP and select Edit Avatar. There were 32 of them when I went in there. I know I haven't done anything in particular to earn one yet...
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:35 PM   #192
CacheSyntax
Radeon R200

I don't have that option.

Cache
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:49 PM   #193
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by CacheSyntax
I don't have that option.

Cache
Most odd. I talked w/ Andrew about it and, from my understanding, it should be there by default.

I'll bug him again after the server move. Sorry about the delay!
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:12 PM   #194
CacheSyntax
Radeon R200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine
Most odd. I talked w/ Andrew about it and, from my understanding, it should be there by default.

I'll bug him again after the server move. Sorry about the delay!
I talked to him to, and showed him screenshots of my options on the avatar part.

He said he knew the issue, and would get back with me. I'm not mad, but it makes me wonder if I was doing something wrong. On another forum, everytime I posted it would be my first post. Everytime.

Sigh.

Cache
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:55 PM   #195
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
But of course.

I should be getting a new PC for the home in a little while (2-4 months out). My current one is junk (P3 533). It *might* be able to fold, but it would certainly limp.
I have a number of P-II/P-III 400/450/500/550's in my collective, they are a good stable army. Of Course, being old Dell Optiplex 210/410/610's I can combine resources and make them dual procs with 256 - 512MB ram. I also found an old Xeon P-III, it folds quite well. Should do even better monday, when I add it's sister proc to the box
The way I look at it, it doesn't matter if it's an original pentium, install a client and run it whenever you need to. At least then it will do some good! 1-2 hours a day is better than none.

Quote:
Aye Captain, 'tis done! I set it up as you suggested, although it's a little weird having it run in the background, I was used to looking at the GUI when I wanted to see how it was progressing.
AArrrr, ye be a good swab. Soon ye'll make bosun!!

I know what you mean about progress, but with 40+ instances I really should have planned ahead and read up on FAHVIEW and FAHSERVE. Could have done some clevar stuff then!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 09:10 AM   #196
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Ryoko is still being judged by the masses

*peers into thread*

uhh, PFC Ryoko reporting for duty...

got a duron 1.8ghz (@ 1957MHZ) crunching proteins right now. ~142ppd... better than nothing.

what got me into folding for rage3d? well, i used to fold for rage3d, and now that i have some resources, i thought i'd start up again. (that and since i continuously download anime using bittorrent, i have another reason to leave my computer on 24/7)
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 09:17 AM   #197
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Okay now have the X2 4600+ running two instances, a P4 2.4 (none HT) running one and an Athlon 64 running one. Hope to soon add a P4 2.8e and maybe a couple of Sempron 64s.

With luck I will break into the top 1000 in the next few hours...

Speaking of Avatars, I have a pic I want to make into an Avatar, but my skills are limited at best.

This is my business logo and I thought it would be cool to at least make it an avatar as well. Any gurus with graphics out there able to help?

#SapphireNation

Last edited by Crisler : Dec 4, 2005 at 09:23 AM.
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:56 AM   #198
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

You should probably create a thread in OT, I'm sure someone in there will be able to make an nice avatar from that image.

Last edited by luxor : Dec 18, 2005 at 09:58 AM.
luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 05:15 PM   #199
FearTheTerp
Dont worry, be happy

FearTheTerp is still being judged by the masses

I got my comp and my sisters computer up on Folding (she doesnt know haha). I'll try to get some of the schools computer on it and I'll get all of my friends' computer on this. I overlooked this during my first few months on this page but thought it would be good to have this to use my unsed cycles when I leave my computer on downloading. Oh yeah, got my laptop on this too.

If I look back and there is a cure for any of the diseases their working on, i'll be happy with myself.

And there is no slowdown with this program on my computer, I love it.

I'm under the username FearTheTerp
Memory:Corsair TWIN2x2048-5400
Graphics Card: eVGA 8600GT
Antec Neo HE 550

Dell XPS 1530
2.2 T7500 Core 2 Duo
Ocz 4GB PC5400
8600m GT 256mb

Last edited by FearTheTerp : Dec 12, 2005 at 06:12 PM.
FearTheTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:16 PM   #200
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Welcome, FearTheTerp. Be careful installing without other peoples permission.... Sony got a lot of bad press about that kind of thing recently, and even though Folding is nothing like a rootkit; some systems administrators don't differentiate.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:58 AM   #201
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Actually it could become illegal, Congress is working on a law with very broad definitions of mal-ware. One of those definitions is installation of software without the knowledge and consent of the computer owner.

#SapphireNation
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:01 AM   #202
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

I'm still folding!
Old Dec 13, 2005, 01:14 PM   #203
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Yay!!
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:56 PM   #204
FearTheTerp
Dont worry, be happy

Yeah, scratch the school idea then, if the librarians found out they would freak anyway.
Antec Neo HE 550

Dell XPS 1530
2.2 T7500 Core 2 Duo
Ocz 4GB PC5400
8600m GT 256mb
Old Dec 17, 2005, 11:03 PM   #205
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

almost on my 10th WU since starting abck up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 11:47 PM   #206
EfrainMan
Radeon R520

EfrainMan is still being judged by the masses

Well, I finally got around to start folding, I think I'll put it on my mom and sister's comps, too Go Team Rage!
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 01:02 PM   #207
FearTheTerp
Dont worry, be happy

Yeah dumb sister, always so clueless.

And a question, how long until we get avatars?

And Crisler, wouldn't a simple resize do it for that picture u want to make into an avatar?
Antec Neo HE 550

Dell XPS 1530
2.2 T7500 Core 2 Duo
Ocz 4GB PC5400
8600m GT 256mb
Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:10 AM   #208
Soong
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Soong is still being judged by the masses

I am folding. I started folding again about a week ago when I began water cooling and haven’t stopped since.
Soong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:12 AM   #209
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Welcome back Sooung & Hyrax!!
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:28 PM   #210
EfrainMan
Radeon R520

EfrainMan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheTerp
Yeah dumb sister, always so clueless.
Heh, not mine. She'd notice a new icon in her tray like that. But that doesn't mean I can't ask her
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote