Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

View Poll Results: Should there be just ONE relationship thread?
Yes 20 38.46%
No 14 26.92%
I don't have a relationship and I don't want to talk about it. 18 34.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 19, 2005, 02:21 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorXtar
Something like this for the top image.

emo threads would crash the server
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 02:24 PM   #32
elimc
more guns than roses

elimc is still being judged by the masses

That's pretty good, Dorxtar. Perhaps you could also have a lightning bolt striking as well.

Origionally posted by killua:
Living in flats do have the advantage.. we throw garbage down the a shared garbage chute, and big vehicles came and take them away all at a time. The garbage men don't even need to touch those garbages

Origionally posted by killua:
after a few months 1 killed the other, then the other keep knocking itself against the glass wall and injuring itself. It can swim really fast and i can hear it knocking really loud. I let it go in a canal after some time. Stupid fish.
elimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 02:25 PM   #33
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance... it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2005, 03:21 PM   #34
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

If people overwhelmingly think it should be reduced to one thread, can a mod make it happen?

Pretty please?
pink_pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 04:44 PM   #35
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy can recite pi backwardsjimmyboy can recite pi backwardsjimmyboy can recite pi backwardsjimmyboy can recite pi backwardsjimmyboy can recite pi backwardsjimmyboy can recite pi backwardsjimmyboy can recite pi backwards

Make one thread but don't sticky it. That way when a particular discussion has died down, the thread itself will sink into obscurity. Then, when someone else feels the need to whine, the thread will suddenly be back on page one, till it's time to die down again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave
we need a new EMO theme for rage. every few minutes, a message could pop up that makes posters feel better about themselves. maybe that way, we wouldn't have to sift through so many "feel sorry for me" threads.
That's it right there.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 04:51 PM   #36
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

No we shouldn't have one. It seems like a good idea but if you think about it, if you have a bunch of people going into the thread talking about stuff, you are going to have all these stories mixed together, and if people are discussing different problems or whatever, it could get confusing sorting through it. Not that I'd even read it, nor would most others. Like the PR forum, I'd avoid it, too many different opinions and flaming, etc I'm sure would ensue. There aren't THAT many relationship problem threads anyways. Besides, those crying about those threads can simply skip them. They are clearly marked by the thread title anyways.

Edit: Wait a minute, I wouldn't read it anyways, so why do I care? Make one if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 04:54 PM   #37
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank
No we shouldn't have one. It seems like a good idea but if you think about it, if you have a bunch of people going into the thread talking about stuff, you are going to have all these stories mixed together, and if people are discussing different problems or whatever, it could get confusing sorting through it. Not that I'd even read it, nor would most others. Like the PR forum, I'd avoid it, too many different opinions and flaming, etc I'm sure would ensue. There aren't THAT many relationship problem threads anyways. Besides, those crying about those threads can simply skip them. They are clearly marked by the thread title anyways.

Edit: Wait a minute, I wouldn't read it anyways, so why do I care? Make one if you want.
Stories would get mixed together and you wouldn't post in it??? You already post about your relationship in EVERY OTHER THREAD... how is that not mixing stories????
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:00 PM   #38
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_pants
Stories would get mixed together and you wouldn't post in it??? You already post about your relationship in EVERY OTHER THREAD... how is that not mixing stories????
Every relationship thread? Or every thread? Highly doubtful considering we have 233,000 threads here, and I have 2755 posts. Funny, you guys are so into keeping my life out of other threads, so what do you do? You drag it into others to bother me about it. I also notice it's only a select few of you who it bothers. Does the internet really bother you that much that you must drag my name all over the forum? Are you losing sleep at night over it? it's the same ones complaining. Even the "nicked" thread you could have easily said "not looking" and moved on. Oh no, let's go in there and show him how I don't care about his thread, but decided to read it anyways". I'm tired of it, lay off.

Edit: Even those who see me post something, they simply ignore the post. Bunch of god damn cry babies. If I see a post I don't like I skip it. Not take it to other threads, or call them out on it, etc. Who cares? It's a post, leave it and move on.

Quote:
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.

Last edited by Alientank : Feb 19, 2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:04 PM   #39
pink_pants

Quote:
Every relationship thread? Or every thread? Highly doubtful considering we have 233,000 threads here, and I have 2755 posts. Funny, you guys are so into keeping my life out of other threads, so what do you do? You drag it into others to bother me about it. I also notice it's only a select few of you who it bothers. Does the internet really bother you that much that you must drag my name all over the forum? Are you losing sleep at night over it? it's the same ones complaining. Even the "nicked" thread you could have easily said "not looking" and moved on. Oh no, let's go in there and show him how I don't care about his thread, but decided to read it anyways". I'm tired of it, lay off.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:06 PM   #40
Alientank
Piss flaps

Quote:
With responses like this, your avatar and title fits you quite well.

Quote:
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:08 PM   #41
pink_pants

Quote:
With responses like this, your avatar and title fits you quite well.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:09 PM   #42
Alientank
Piss flaps

Quote:
Sent you a PM

Quote:
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:12 PM   #43
LordPain
Banned

LordPain is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyghost
I'm tired of the waa waa threads. Yes, please lets put them all together in ONE thread so if I feel like being sympathetic, I can, and if I don't, well, I can skip that ONE thread.
Easy for you to say, you have all the p**** you need.
LordPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:13 PM   #44
Alientank
Piss flaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordPain
Easy for you to say, you have all the p**** you need.
Are you saying greyghost is a lesbian?

Quote:
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:14 PM   #45
LordPain
Banned

LordPain is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Are you saying greyghost is a lesbian?
Nope, but as a women she does not need to worry about getting any.

There is an old Eddie Murphy joke about women have half the money and all the p****.
LordPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:51 PM   #46
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

One thread...no one forum, maybe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:51 PM   #47
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Sent you a PM
ooooh it's getting serious now
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 06:11 PM   #48
Alientank
Piss flaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid
ooooh it's getting serious now
Another person jumping to conclusions. It was actually just a question to ask her and didn't feel like making it public.

yourself

Quote:
Old Feb 19, 2005, 06:39 PM   #49
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

I think we should have only threads that deal with how to get into relationships.

Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 07:38 PM   #50
Villainess
Haaaaaaiiii

Villainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The relationship threads are getting old. Anyone who asks for advice on here is crazy. I think we should ban them! BAN THEM I SAY!

....did I mention Alientank has a girlfriend?
Old Feb 19, 2005, 08:05 PM   #51
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorXtar

Something like this for the top image.
I want a relationship thread, about my nonexsistant relationship

I'll make it a complete fiction, updated daily, about the life of me and my fictional girlfriend. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll feel wonderful, after you're done reading it.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 08:29 PM   #52
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

A little of A and a little of C, since we won't get a forum for it I think a thread is ok
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 09:47 PM   #53
grog
No longer on Rage3d

grog is still being judged by the masses

The topics are so all over the place the thread itself would always seem off-topic. Well since this is an off-topic forum why not then?

If it was a thread you could have:

* I am having a problem with a girl (For those under 10)
* I am having a problem with a girl (For those 11-13)
* I am having a problem with a girl (For those 14-15)
* I am having a problem with a girl (For those 16)
Sub-forum:
* Will I go to jail if I date a girl who is under 16
* I am having a problem with a girl (For those 17-18)
* I am having a problem with a girl (For those 18-21)
Sub-forum:
* Who will get the baby
* Should I still live with her parents after we break up
* Should I let her know my password on Rage3D
* I am having a problem with a girl (For those 21-35)
Sub-forum:
* Who will get the baby
* Should I still live with her parents after we break up
* Should I let her know my password on Rage3D
* I am having a problem with a girl (For those 36-45)
Sub-forum:
* Should I still live with her after we break up
* I am having a problem with a girl (For those 46-55)
Sub-forum:
* Should I still live with her after we break up
Greg