Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Feb 14, 2005, 02:31 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Spencer
Today's F word: Fabulous

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default A fake email address techically illegal?

Did some web searching and seems like state laws vary but if you use a fake addy for illegal financial gain then yeah they can tack on a fake identity charge. But what about just not giving your real name and creating a fake email addy only to post on some forum? That illegal too? I asked a web security expert about doing that for forum posting only and he just said don't worry about it. But he didn't directly address the issue of the wording of Yahoo or whatever user agreement. The legal jargon in them sometimes talks about you must use your real name and if you don't, well I forgot what it said if you don't. And I'm too lazy to go read a Yahoo email user agreement right now.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 02:59 AM   #2
dallasstar
cookies

dallasstar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydallasstar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydallasstar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

chill
dallasstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 03:10 AM   #3
Spencer
Today's F word: Fabulous

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

That was what the web security expert conveyed to me as he told me don't be concerned. I could tell by the way he just shook his head, it was like he was rolling his eyes lol.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 14, 2005, 03:16 AM   #4
Murmillo
Do Not Want!

Murmillo is still being judged by the masses

You can use all the fake email address and names as you want as long as its used for non business and government efforts. If you don't disclose your real name or use a real email address for those two with intent to hide your real identity for causing fraud, hiding income etc etc. Then yea, you could get into big trouble.