Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:08 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Default How to Gain Weight?

Im going to start weightlifting again, and ive lost pretty much all of the weight that i had gained when i used to poump up teh shet before.

Now, im trying to gain it back.

But it took me 3 years (an ectomorph--someone whos naturally lean) to put on like 30 lbs and most of that time i was eating ~ 2 meals a day, plus a 2000 calorie GNC weight gainer shake like 5 days a week.

Ughhh, that stuff still makes me nearly throw up just thinking about it.

Now i know a lot of people are trying to lose weight, but for people like me, what should i be eating and how much of it should i be eating to gain weight

Just FYI, i usually dont like to eat that much, but thats probably because ive just conditioned my body to not be hungry on such a small appetite over the last few years.

But basically, HELP!

Last edited by Hamidxa : Jan 4, 2005 at 11:12 PM.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:10 PM   #2
ZhaoYun
Honorable Tiger

ZhaoYun is still being judged by the masses

I suggest a high protein diet with plenty of eggs.
ZhaoYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:13 PM   #3
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Eat high carbs. Carbs are fuel for the body! Or weight gain products.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:13 PM   #4
Shapeshifter
Rage3D Veteran

Shapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird sings

eat crap (ie) foods.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:13 PM   #5
Villainess
Team Targaryen

Villainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badges

High protein diets aid in losing weight too. Depends if you are tlaking about muscle or actual weight. I know plenty of people who have lost weight with protein. I recommend Carbohydrates Hamidxa - heaps of bread and potatoes and pasta and stuff. You don't really need to eat bigger meals, just put more carbs into them.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:13 PM   #6
MasterGoa
Want what you have!

MasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

1- To get back into shape:

To monster sets (time constrained recovery sets)
where you to a set of 8-12 to exhaustion and then wait 10-20 seconds
and do another 2-3 reps. This will be part of your set.

2- To gain weight, you need to slow you metabolism down.
There is no real way to do this so you need to concentrate
on not brigning it up.
4-5 sets of 6-8 reps once you are close to where you were.

Drink milk and lots of amino acids.

Do not cross train or (Super set). Remember, you want to keep your metabolism
down. Get an ECG watch and start your next set when you are down under
65% VO2Max...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:16 PM   #7
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
High protein diets aid in losing weight too. Depends if you are tlaking about muscle or actual weight. I know plenty of people who have lost weight with protein. I recommend Carbohydrates Hamidxa - heaps of bread and potatoes and pasta and stuff. You don't really need to eat bigger meals, just put more carbs into them.

Carbs eh....

Yeah, this might help you guys make even more suggestions.

I dont care if its fatty foods or whatever.
Its VERY VERY easy for me to turn (what little i have) fat into muscle because of my body structure.

So, my understanding now is that carbs help you to put fat on, whereas protein simply helps to produce lean muscle mass

Give me more diet and foods suggestions please, the fattier the better, so long as its not too unhealthy or clogs up my arteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa

Drink milk and lots of amino acids.

Do not cross train or (Super set). Remember, you want to keep your metabolism
down. Get an ECG watch and start your next set when you are down under
65% VO2Max...

Ok, i got potatoes, bread, pasta, milk, and........amino acids (what kind of foods should i eat/drink to get that).

Heh yeah, when i walked into GNC the other day, i asked them "Now i know you sell products to speeden up a persons metabolism, but do you have any that say slow it down?"
They were confused needless to say
However i was serious.

Last edited by Hamidxa : Jan 4, 2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:18 PM   #8
Villainess
Team Targaryen

Villainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidxa
Carbs eh....

Yeah, this might help you guys make even more suggestions.

I dont care if its fatty foods or whatever.
Its VERY VERY easy for me to turn (what little i have) fat into muscle because of my body structure.

So, my understanding now is that carbs help you to put fat on, whereas protein simply helps to produce lean muscle mass

Give me more diet and foods suggestions please, the fattier the better, so long as its not too unhealthy or clogs up my arteries.
Well form my experience, protein helps people to lose weight fast - providing they excersize.

Carbs help with fat if you don't excersize - or muscle if you do.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:19 PM   #9
JAKJ
Radeon HD 6950

JAKJ is still being judged by the masses

Pump those girly-man muscles and chug down the wieght gain shakes

Its all about Protien Protien Protien, lots of meat eggs etc

*note*

If you want muscles that is, and the amino acid supplements aswell (as mentioned above)

Last edited by JAKJ : Jan 4, 2005 at 11:25 PM.
JAKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:22 PM   #10
Tyler582
Rage3D Veteran

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

how about chinese food? pizza? chips? beer? fries? burgers? cmon man. if you jsut get fat the muscles automatically should build up then you just gotta trim.

sry if i sound like a noob, just seems to be the way it works for me.

-Tyler
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:22 PM   #11
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKJ
Pump those girly-man muscles and chug down the wieght gain shakes

Its all about Protien Protien Protien, lots of meat eggs etc

No more weight gain shakes.

Well, then again, my only experience was from 2+ years of GNCs weight gainer 2200 Gold.......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nasty nasty nasty.

Too thick, tasted like what i presume chalk would taste like, and it would take me nearly 30 mins to guzzle down an entire blender full of that crap.

Theres got to be more alternatives in the way of real foods?

Whats this "whey" that i keep hearing about.

Oh, and as far as eggs are concerned, im all for it , but should i be concerned about the cholesterol levels associated with eggs?

Last edited by Hamidxa : Jan 4, 2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:35 PM   #12
JAKJ
Radeon HD 6950

Quote:
No more weight gain shakes.

Well, then again, my only experience was from 2+ years of GNCs weight gainer 2200 Gold.......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nasty nasty nasty.

Too thick, tasted like what i presume chalk would taste like, and it would take me nearly 30 mins to guzzle down an entire blender full of that crap.

Theres got to be more alternatives in the way of real foods?

Whats this "whey" that i keep hearing about.

Oh, and as far as eggs are concerned, im all for it , but should i be concerned about the cholesterol levels associated with eggs?
Not all weight gain/protien powders taste bad, especially if you blend them in with a smothie (like a protien rich banana smothie ) Weight Gain 900 (9000?) is pretty decent.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:35 PM   #13
scottweil4nd
Rage3D Veteran

scottweil4nd is still being judged by the masses

eat lots in calories, low in fat ; simple as that

cereals are good, and they taste good ; something along the lines of cheerios
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:46 PM   #14
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottweil4nd
eat lots in calories, low in fat ; simple as that

cereals are good, and they taste good ; something along the lines of cheerios

Why low in fat

My whole goal is to put on fat. Weight and fat are synonymous to me since i dont care if im eating fatty foods because i can easily convert them to muscle afterwards.

Basically, with the help of you guys of course, i want to make a list of weight-gaining foods to eat.

So far i got:

Bread
Potatoes
Milk
Eggs
Meats
Pasta
Cereal (such as cheerios).
Amino acids (not sure what foods contain those)

What else?
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:47 PM   #15
Villainess
Team Targaryen

Quote:
Why low in fat

My whole goal is to put on fat. Weight and fat are synonymous to me since i dont care if im eating fatty foods because i can easily convert them to muscle afterwards.

Basically, with the help of you guys of course, i want to make a list of weight-gaining foods to eat.

So far i got:

Bread
Potatoes
Milk
Eggs
Meats
Pasta
Cereal (such as cheerios).
Amino acids (not sure what foods contain those)

What else?
Rice
Fruits with natural fat (avocados)
The occasional serving of Take-out
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:51 PM   #16
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
Rice
Fruits with natural fat (avocados)
The occasional serving of Take-out

Rice?

Really

Our national food is rice basically. And ive never seen an overweight persian.

Also (not a racial thing), a lot of Oriental people, especially Chinese and Japanese live off of rice. But ive never met a "fat" Chinese/Japanese person.

Rice has the potential to make you fat?
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:53 PM   #17
Oui
Rage3D Veteran

Oui is still being judged by the masses

I have the same problem as you ( ectomorph body high metabolisim )

Is there anyway to change your metabolisim / body type? I heard arnild swarznegger used to be an ectomoprh.

As far as I know you want high calorie high carb food, and protein for the mussles.

Thing is I bet you can eat as much as you want to just like me and not put on a bit of weight. I might try those shakes... beats eating 2000 calories or more worth of food anyway
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:54 PM   #18
Villainess
Team Targaryen

Quote:
Rice?

Really

Also (not a racial thing), a lot of Oriental people, especially Chinese and Japanese live off of rice. But ive never met a "fat" Chinese/Japanese person.

Well rice and pasta are in the carbs category. LOL I don't think it's terribly fatty on it's own, but add some fatty stuff into it and there ya go
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:56 PM   #19
JAKJ
Radeon HD 6950

Quote:
Rice?

Really

Yeah Rice is all carbs I think There are more and more fat people in China now too, especially Children, probably all the KFC/McDonalds they eat here now (at least in the cities) You wouldn't believe how popular KFC is!
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:57 PM   #20
multicycle

i've been eating chinese food all the time, but i wasnt gaining weight, then i went back home for the christmas holidays, and i seemed to have gained muscle, uhm, i do the same amount of work out before and after, must be mommies' food. so there is my advice lol
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:02 AM   #21
dallasstar
cookies

dallasstar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydallasstar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydallasstar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

You should eat a full egg in the morning during breakfast. You should get plenty of glasses of milk during the day. If you want to eat more eggs, only eat the whites, not the yolk, for health considerations. Eat lots of meat. Don't hesitate to eat a lot.

In your exercise routine, stop all aerobic activities. You should only concentrate on weight training. Also, in the weight training, you should stop the many-repetition weight lifting, and you should put a stronger emphasis on lifting heavy weights that you can only do 2-3 times. Be careful with this though, because it's dangerous without a spotter. However, when done correctly, it should facilitate an increase in muscle mass.
dallasstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:23 AM   #22
Beak
Rage3D Veteran

Beak is still being judged by the masses

Theres alot of foods you want to just avoid like th edevil if your planning on getting lean muscle build up, theres alot of foods sugested here you want to avoid also bread has a very slow digestation period like milk nothing but empty calories, milk is one of the worst ways to expect to put on the muscle from its protiens. Theres still a few bad ideals listed here im not one to count carbs just yet in my bulking have no ideal when i will but theres good carbs and bad carbs, you also dont want to get full on carbs before bed.

Theres items you want to avoid all the time but who does rice is one of them does nothing but load the carbs up theres no muscle gain from it just like pastas.

Heres something i snagged in under a minute you have to adjust the calories and the rest of the stuff.

Calories, not sure but a 200lb man would need about 3200 calories to gain muscle might vary person to person.
Protien, 1.5 or a 2.0 grams per body pound is needed to make a muscle grow by a pound a week.
Carbs, I dunno i havent really adjusted myself to this one yet i just know you want them in by midday way before bed.

7:45 250 ml of egg whites
2 small tortillas, mushrooms, fat free cheese & salsa
1 English muffin with no sugar added jam & peanut butter
15 gm of whey protein
25 gm of oatmeal

10:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
15 ml of flax seed oil

12:45 8 eggs & green onion & light mayo (makes an egg salad)
3 pieces of whole-wheat bread w/ ham
1 banana
15 gm of whey protein
1 yogurt

3:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
15 ml of flax seed oil

5:15 120 gm of steak
20 gm of whey protein
Mustard
50 gm of carrots
5 ml of flax seed oil

1 HOUR TRAINING START 6:00PM to 7:00PM

7:15 60 gm of whey
5 rice cakes (caramel flavored)
1 apple
2.5 ml of flaxseed oil

9:30 125 gm of cottage cheese
15 gm of whey protein
1 no sugar added fat free yogurt

TOTAL CARBS: 300 GM – 1200 calories
TOTAL PROTEIN 320 GM – 1280 calories
APPROX TOTAL FAT: 63 GM – 567 calories
TOTAL CALORIES: 3047 calories per day

Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:33 AM   #23
Beak
Rage3D Veteran

Beak is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oui

Is there anyway to change your metabolisim / body type? I heard arnild swarznegger used to be an ectomoprh.

As far as I know you want high calorie high carb food, and protein for the mussles.

Thing is I bet you can eat as much as you want to just like me and not put on a bit of weight. I might try those shakes... beats eating 2000 calories or more worth of food anyway
Arnold was rich in steroid abuse for years just cuase he says he didnt dont go believing it. In his Pumping Iron video in th eoriginal unedited version you can see him smoking a doober at the very end of the film.

Protien shakes arent a good way to get protiens their good for a fast ingestion after workout when your muscles need it the most but thats about the best reason for it.
Those shakes you dont want more than about 6 scoops a day or rather 6 half scoops in those big scoopers.

Snagged another guys diet i start off with oatmeal and yogurt at breakfast right now im tard of over 6 months of tuna i cant grill anymore so i dont cook my meats much sucks.

Meal 1 about 11am -
7 eggs(4 whole)
3 shedded Wheat Biscuts
2 Whole wheat toast w/ Peanut butter
1 Orange

Meal 2 (2H later)
Shake w/ 40g Dextrose
meal 3- 30min later
6-10oz Tuna
14 oz Sweet Pot.
Meal 4
8-10oz Chicken
16oz Brown Rice
Meal 5
8oz Chicken
12oz Brown Rice
100g Yoguart
Meal 6
12oz Chicken
80z Brown Rice

That is "typical day"

Totals: 288g protien 334g carbs 53g fat Totals cals: 3868

Last edited by Beak : Jan 5, 2005 at 12:35 AM.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:38 AM   #24
KJ
Classic Gamer

KJ is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

If you wanna gain some beef, eat beef

AND IT'S FOLDING FOR RAGE3D!
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:42 AM   #25
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The better way:
Eat more fat. Try to stay away from saturated and trans fats such as really crappy food like chips or anything deep fried. Use condiments like Mayo and such and eat salads with full fat dressing especially the creamy kind . Eat a decent amount of protien and some carbs. Don't shy away from eating vegetables and some fruits as you need the vitamins, minerals and fibre.

The bad way:
Drink alcohol. You don't have to get drunk but alcohol converts to sugar in your body and is a depressant that blocks adrenaline receptor sites so your metabolism goes down. Cut out caffiene. Eat fatty foods including fast food or convience store stuff like chips and desserts. Ice cream has tons of calories. Cake and donuts do too. Fry everything or even better...deep fry.

This was should work but is bad for your health. Sounds like my previous diet. Too bad I'm on a weight loss one now.
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:42 AM   #26
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM is not someone to be trifled with_TiTaNiuM is not someone to be trifled with_TiTaNiuM is not someone to be trifled with_TiTaNiuM is not someone to be trifled with_TiTaNiuM is not someone to be trifled with_TiTaNiuM is not someone to be trifled with_TiTaNiuM is not someone to be trifled with_TiTaNiuM is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Rice?

Really

Eat more pasta.

My national food is pasta, how many fat italians are there? tons.

But then again, there is an equal if not greater ammount of skinny italians (like I )
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:47 AM   #27
HackerHellstorm
God Bless Atheists

HackerHellstorm is still being judged by the masses

what you need my friend is some..

HackerHellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:48 AM   #28
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

join the navy... guaranteed u'll gain weight by the time u put on 3rd class hahahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHere View Post
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 01:01 AM   #29
gts007
Rage3D Veteran

gts007 is still being judged by the masses

if you're working out regularly get the GNC weight gainer. It's a high protein/high carb powder that worked so good on me it was kinda scary. I gained 10 lbs in 14 days on my 3 day split routine and haven't had to buy another tub since. You should also eat alot of smaller-size meals throughout the day instead of pigging out twice a day, this helps keep your fast metabolism in check plus it's just healthier. If you really want to turn into a nazi about it, have a daily caloric intake and keep a written record of it. I don't do that, but I do eat every chance I get and I try not to eat saturated junk because all that's gonna do is pass through. So chicken, potatoes, eggs, pasta, tuna, tri-tip (for long-term health reasons I try not to eat red meat more than once a week)....and don't be like me and forget your fruits and veggies. BTW it does start costing alot of $$$ to eat like this but if you wanna play you gotta pay. I've gained about 30lbs over the last year.

and of course, poump teh shet out of skiny whity boy

Quote:
should i be concerned about the cholesterol levels associated with eggs?
in the long term, yes. But that's all concentrated in the yoke. The white part is fine and that's what has the most protein anyway. I used to eat nothing but eggs and red meat (I once ate 12 eggs in one day) and then thought about what could happen 30 years down the road so I eat that stuff in moderation now and get my potein from powder.

btw not to turn this into a health thread, but you've got to start eating whole wheat bread with your sandwiches, it's so much better for digestion than white bread!

Last edited by gts007 : Jan 5, 2005 at 01:38 AM.
gts007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 01:16 AM   #30
Japps
Ernie just shat his pants

Japps is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oui

Same problem here

This thread is going more and more interesting

Black Canon Digital Rebel XTI (10 mp) with Canon Speedlite 420 EX
Sigma 10-20mm EX DG - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DG - Canon 70-200 F4 L
Japps is offline   Reply With Quote