Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » CATALYST Drivers
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CATALYST Drivers Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Catalyst Drivers. Please put Linux-specific driver posts and Remote Wonder discussion in their respective forums.

"

Old Jan 2, 2005, 01:17 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Newbie24

Newbie24 is still being judged by the masses

Default Ati Icon Missing In System Tray

Hi can anyone help me out with a problem I am having.I noticed when i downloaded the new Catalyst 4.12 driver,the icon that is supposed to show up in my system tray does not appear???.Why is this and how can I get it back so that I can access the ati controls such as display settings/refresh rate etc..I never had this issue before the ATI icon always used to appear when i had the older 4.11 version.
Newbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 02:22 AM   #2
Synetech
Radeon HD 7970

Synetech is still being judged by the masses

- bring up your display properties
- switch to the settings tab
- select your card and click advanced (or double click the monitor icon)
- switch to the options tab (it should have an ATI logo beside it)
- check enable ATI taskbar icon application
- check show ATI icon on taskbar

HTH
VID : ati (i don't like them anymore)
MB  : back to asus (my dear epox literally broke)
MON : crt (lcds are still too expensive)
MEM : ferro rings (honestly, i swear :p)
HD  : crayons, stone tablets (from WD)
SND : 8-tracks & violin
PSU : hand–crank & hamster wheel (homemade)
BOX : has a hole in the side, and a broken foot
OS  : 7 be
Synetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 06:26 PM   #3
Lateralus14
Radeon HD 6850

Lateralus14 is still being judged by the masses

There really isn't any point in having it running in the tray all the time, is there? Doesn't it use RAM just sitting there doing nothing?

I usually right click on the desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced. Or use ATI Tray Tools.
Lateralus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:03 PM   #4
Newbie24

Hi thanks for responding.I realise it doesn't need to be running in system tray all the time but I don't know how to access it and it used to appear instantly in the system tray when you install the drivers.So my question is how come it does not show up in system tray at all and how do I use it I generally access it from my system tray but when i had windows reinstalled i had to reinstall my ati drivers and notice the ATI ICON is missing from the tray??.why is it not showing in the tray like usual and i also notice I have the exacy same settings as I always use and now for some reason since this missing icon issue I also notice my desktop icons seem slightly too big along with the system tray icons??.This was NEVER a problem for me .Is there something possibly wrong.

Last edited by Newbie24 : Jan 2, 2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:36 PM   #5
DnL
HD3850 AGP 512MB

DnL is still being judged by the masses

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus14
There really isn't any point in having it running in the tray all the time, is there? Doesn't it use RAM just sitting there doing nothing?

I usually right click on the desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced. Or use ATI Tray Tools.

ATI icon is sexy, thats why we like it
Old Jan 4, 2005, 07:05 PM   #6
Newbie24

ATI Technologies

by the way I also cant access hydra vision either nor can i get to the ati control panel which WAS NEVER EVER an issue when it was previously installed and i have installed catalyst drivers for my ati card with no problems what so ever I just don't understamd why the ATI icon does not show in the system tray where it always has.How am i supposed to access it then hydravision and the ati settings besides what you guys explained to me which I already know about clicking on the desktop properties>settings>advanced. I sometimes use that but thats not what I am reffering to here and i can't access the ATI TRAY TOOLS AS EXPLAINED ABOVE??.This is why i figure somethings wrong considering when i installed in on several other systems it shows up but for some reason it wont when i installed it this time around,after having windows reinstalled.ITS LIKE> I have ati AND HYDRAVISION BUT CANT ACCESS THEM?.LIKE I ALWAYS HAVE.HYDRAVISION IS NOT LISTED IN MY LIST OF PROGRAMS EITHER AT THE START MENU?????

Last edited by Newbie24 : Jan 4, 2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 09:02 PM   #7
bhz9294
280SLI & 4870 CF

bhz9294 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus14
That 4k will bring any system to its knees!!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 01:05 PM   #8
Newbie24

ATI Technologies

well thanks for getting back I contacted ATI and they did say that there is indeed a problem and that i should try uninstalling ATI and reinstalling which i already did.Now I tried to uninstall ATI software/drivers again and I notice when i search files after hydravision and ati keep showing up lots of files.Should I delete everything??I'm new to all this and not sure what I should do any suggestions.And i do not need it running in the tray all the time WHICH YES IS TRUE but not my point.The installation obviously didn't go well because i should be able to access hydravision like i used to before this problem,along with the fact that the ATI icon in system tray should be there when i install everything ATI customer service claims.And thats how it always was before Its not like i leave it running in the tray,who wants it there anyway taking up resources but the thing is I can't get it there even if I wanted and same with Hydravision???

Last edited by Newbie24 : Jan 5, 2005 at 01:09 PM.