Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:37 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

badboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Lenses?

k I have tested my eyes for lenses and tried to put in and take em out WHICH was nearly impossible, took me 2 hours to get some hang of it

But the optrician (sp?) said that I have "flat" eyeballs and I need special lenses and I cant use most of the normal lenses.
Is he ****ing with me to make more money or is there such a thing as flat and curved? beacuse I have looked at maybe 50 different lenses and none of them seem to mention anything like that on internet websites, and I havent heard anybody who uses lenses mention it...

And he gave me lenses which were made by the company he works for, its big here in scandinavia its called Synsam. Which I find kinda wierd that they have these "special" lenses and almost no other company produces them

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:42 AM   #2
raystorm
Ya gotta believe!

raystorm is still being judged by the masses

Don't know much about your situation, but I have to get special lenses for my left eye due to "eye pressure" difference between my eyes. Basically my left lense would split in half (perfectly too!!!) IN MY EYE! This happened 3 times (bought the 3 pairs at 3 different places from different manufacturers) and now I find out about that whole pressure crap about my left eye and eyelid.

You doctor probably isn't ripping you off, but if anything why not go to another eye doctor? Is it expensive for you?
raystorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:48 AM   #3
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

badboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystorm
Don't know much about your situation, but I have to get special lenses for my left eye due to "eye pressure" difference between my eyes. Basically my left lense would split in half (perfectly too!!!) IN MY EYE! This happened 3 times (bought the 3 pairs at 3 different places from different manufacturers) and now I find out about that whole pressure crap about my left eye and eyelid.

You doctor probably isn't ripping you off, but if anything why not go to another eye doctor? Is it expensive for you?
nope its not that.
It costs like 60$ to test for lenses here so yeah its expensive, It would be much less expensive to just buy "normal" lenses and test em out.

But also when I put him against the wall and said !so which lenses could I buy then?" he just said "you should go through the test stage so we can see that your eyes can adjust to lenses (which takes about 1-2 months) and then we can talk about it"... and also "you can buy the lenses here so you dont need to go out and hunt for them"
And that place is like 100%-200% !!!!!!!!!!!!!! more expensive than if I buy lenses on the internet

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:56 AM   #4
Joey3k
.:M.o.d.e.r.a.t.o.r.:.

Joey3k is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystorm

for a minute there i thought i read that your eyeball would split right in half

then i reread it

anyways i never heard about this flat eye thing......probably best just to get a second opinion if you're not sure

I remember my first time putting in lenses....it took me about 45 minutes to put both of them in (all my time was held up on my left eye)

Now I can do both eyes in 30 seconds

Successfully created the OFFICIAL Rage3D nexus on February 27th 2004
Joey3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:59 AM   #5
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

k GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND

searched somewhat and it seems that there is a base curve on eyeballs that is in the range of 8,4-9,3, but there are many lenses where you can choose in which range you are so thats not that special

- True Blood
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:00 PM   #6
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey3k
(all my time was held up on my left eye)
hehe yeah same here
let me guess you are right handed?

- True Blood
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:05 PM   #7
Llew Silverhand
Radeon HD 6670

Llew Silverhand is still being judged by the masses

I had a friend that wanted contact lenses but the doctor told him he could never have them as his eyes were too flat. He ended up going to a different doctor and buying ones that fit. So I assume there is some truth to this.
Llew Silverhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:08 PM   #8
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

k now I KNOW that he was ****ing with me, god dammit!!
I looked at the lenses I got to see which BC (basecurve) they were and it was 8.7 which almost ALL lenses from most companies offer
how can a well know optrician lie like that!!
Hate being lied too worst thing ever. "Oh he doesnt know **** about it lets juice some money of him"

- True Blood
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:14 PM   #9
Villainess
Team Targaryen

Villainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badges

My time is spent on my right eye, i'm left handed - but I don't have to wear contacts, so I don't have the trouble everyday or anything.

< these r mine
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:17 PM   #10
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
My time is spent one my right eye, i'm left handed - but I don't have to wear contacts, so I don't have the trouble everyday or anything.

< these r mine
Now they are very cool
I am also gona get special lenses like that for when I go to parties and such
and normal blue lenses for everyday use

Those are wildeyes lenses, right?

- True Blood
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:19 PM   #11
Villainess
Team Targaryen

Villainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badgesVillainess doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
Now they are very cool
I am also gona get special lenses like that for when I go to parties and such
and normal blue lenses for everyday use
They are called CrazyLenses, and you can actually get them as prescription too! LOL!
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:20 PM   #12
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
They are called CrazyLenses, and you can actually get them as prescription too! LOL!
aha k thought they were wildeyes beacuse they got the same

- True Blood
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:22 PM   #13
Villainess
Team Targaryen

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
aha k thought they were wildeyes beacuse they got the same
Ahh K Cool
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:24 PM   #14
Bomb&Run
King Tut

Bomb&Run is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llew Silverhand
I had a friend that wanted contact lenses but the doctor told him he could never have them as his eyes were too flat. He ended up going to a different doctor and buying ones that fit. So I assume there is some truth to this.
same story with my housemate.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:59 PM   #15
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My eyes are overly round, and keep getting worse.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 01:01 PM   #16
seeker010
chaotic evil

seeker010 is still being judged by the masses

my optician recommended b&l because they were the cheapest.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 01:10 PM   #17
COBRA90GT
Radeon HD 6950

COBRA90GT is still being judged by the masses

FWIW, do you know if the optician mentioned anything about astigmatism (the toric contact lenses *may* cost slightly more than conventional lenses?):

http://www.allaboutvision.com/condit...stigmatism.htm

http://www.stlukeseye.com/Conditions/Astigmatism.asp

Asus P4PE Pentium IV 2.4Ghz (533)
768MB Kingston DDR PC2700
ATI All-In-Wonder 8500DV
Western Digital 80GB 8mb
Plextor 12X CD-W
Raidmax Mustang case
Antec True 480W PSU
COBRA90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 01:10 PM   #18
GANZ
Radeon HD 6850

GANZ is still being judged by the masses

Mine recommended S&M so I never went back..
GANZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 01:21 PM   #19
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA90GT
FWIW, do you know if the optician mentioned anything about astigmatism (the toric contact lenses *may* cost slightly more than conventional lenses?):

http://www.allaboutvision.com/condit...stigmatism.htm

http://www.stlukeseye.com/Conditions/Astigmatism.asp
nope I dont have that
I think it was BC (basecurve) that he was talking about and I have found out that I have a common one and he was lieing to me

- True Blood