Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Jun 30, 2004, 08:01 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
citywok
Radeon Caribbean Islands

citywok is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: Why We Fold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffield
Cancer, in my case - several people related to me have passed away from it
I had thought SETI was interesting, but had wanted to put my computer's work toward something tangible, and every once in a while Stanford gives us some good news

I should be back folding with Team 3D now ... I don't know why my config was folding back for 734 again All fixed now, should have a new wu in an hour or so
yay.jpg

that was just a friendly reminder lol.

and yes, i do have a script that tells me who i gave an avatar that isnt folding anymore -- i was watching you for a week and a 1/2 waiting for a wu but 2.5weeks seemed a bit of a stretch to me...
citywok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 08:15 PM   #32
Koffield
Radeon R100

Koffield is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisioa
yay.jpg

that was just a friendly reminder lol.

and yes, i do have a script that tells me who i gave an avatar that isnt folding anymore -- i was watching you for a week and a 1/2 waiting for a wu but 2.5weeks seemed a bit of a stretch to me...
Sometimes I don't pay much attention - I haven't even been here for a little while ... being in the army takes a lot of time sometimes. All fixed now, I'll be back in action real soon, and maybe get my wife's computer working on it
Koffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2004, 01:01 AM   #33
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by black hole sun
No reason. I shut if off a lot, because it makes my games stutter, but I got a good 32 WU's in and I like moving up ranks, passing people etc.

If stats weren't available I'd probably not do it at all.
Please start a new thread detailing your issues so we can try to take care of whatever issues you're experiencing and get you to folding 24/7!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 19, 2020, 04:19 PM   #34
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Necro-bump!

Why currently? COVID-19

And I missed you loons.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:21 AM   #35
DarkFoss
Radeon R700

DarkFoss can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkFoss can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Necro-bump!

Why currently? COVID-19

And I missed you loons.
Well said!
I'll just add it feels extra good to be part of a Team when fighting Covid-19. When in an odd juxtaposition isolation is one of the keys to survival.

The success of Facebook, Twitter and such show just what a social animal we really are.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 01:40 PM   #36
konjini
Radeon Northern Islands

konjini is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFoss View Post
Well said!
I'll just add it feels extra good to be part of a Team when fighting Covid-19. When in an odd juxtaposition isolation is one of the keys to survival.

The success of Facebook, Twitter and such show just what a social animal we really are.
Just gone put this here in followup
konjini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2020, 04:09 PM   #37
DarkFoss
Radeon R700

DarkFoss can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkFoss can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjini View Post
Just gone put this here in followup :up
Amazing
Old Mar 20, 2020, 05:52 PM   #38
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Why currently?
It's the stats. Team Rage3D is surprisingly well placed seeing how inactive the site has been. I want to help it up the ladder.

Also it strangely makes me feel like I'm part of something bigger and even good. The energy usage is a nasty downside but I'm coming to terms with it.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2020, 08:20 PM   #39
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
---8<---
Why currently?
--->8---
Because cancer sucks, COVID-19 sucks, hell most of the things they have WUs for are misery.

Also, it's nice to be able to put even my relatively meager hardware to use for something bigger than me.

[edit: It also helps me dial in the optimal voltage for various overclocks so I don't let the magic smoke out]

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice

Last edited by cbsboyer : Mar 21, 2020 at 08:28 PM.
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2020, 04:39 PM   #40
Turbo_Rage3d_
Blessed to be here!

Turbo_Rage3d_ is still being judged by the masses

Why do I fold?
To help find a cure is the ultimate reason. I've had several family members lose the fight against cancer and my dad passed away 12/29/2019 after a fall and complications from his fight with Alzheimer's the past 3 years.

Why do I fold here?
Like Lupine said years ago, I had gotten a new ATI card, I think it was the 9700 pro also, I was looking for support with it. Got introduced to [email protected] I've always enjoyed the friendly competition and had fun over the years here.
Turbo_Rage3d_ is offline   Reply With Quote