Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Sep 9, 2002, 08:21 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
BoBVila
Banned

BoBVila is still being judged by the masses

Default GTA clone on the GBA?

www.agbgames.com

I'm sure many of you have seen the Quake stuff on here, but now there is stuff even more complex on the site. BTW, I realize that GTA3 is coming to GBA, but I am 99% sure that will be top-down.

Makes you wonder what the GBA will be able to achieve in another 18 months. It's only been out that long so far, and as far as release games we have gotten up to V-Rally (in Europe, released here this month) in complexity. Not bad.

I still think that FPSes are a little too much for such a small screen, unless the texturing is done perfectly (just the right colors). Otherwise, everything is a blocky mess and you can't distinguish anything from the architecture. DooM is the best example of a GBA FPS done well, and hopefully developers will focus more on the textures to create a game that is easier on the eyes.
BoBVila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2002, 08:58 PM   #2
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

From those screens it looks vary doable to have a 3D GTA3 on GBA. The Draw distance wouldn't be mind blowing but more than enough for such a tiny screen.

Not to mention I would buy one if they did do that seeing at GTA3 is one of my fav games

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 8Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - 120GiB HD Samsung 840 -
3TiB Seagate Expansion (USB 3.0 external) - PowerColor Radeon R7 260x TurboDuo - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 8.1 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2002, 09:25 PM   #3
jimmt
It's better with wings!

jimmt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjimmt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Pretty impressive technology.

Jim
Desktop (Gameroom)
Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4|Intel Q9450 (C2Q)|8GB DDR2 800|XFX HD7770 Ultra GDDR5 1GB|Windows 8 Pro
Laptop (Laptop/Tablet Hybrid)
HP Tm2t-2100 [i5-470UM, 8GB DDR3 Ram, AMD Radeon HD5450m/Intel i915 (Switchable Graphics), 500GB HDD]|Windows 8 Pro|Opensuse 12.2
Consoles
Wii|Gamecube|Nintendo 3DS XL|DS|GBA|XBOX|XBOX 360|PS1|PS2|PS3|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Libertarian Party '11http://www.lp.org
"What we have today is not a capitalist society, but a mixed economy – that is, a mixture of freedom and controls, which, by the presently dominant trend, is moving toward dictatorship." - A. Rand
"For some reason, the concern seems to be more about keeping people from getting rich or taking away wealth from rich people than it is about growing the economy and putting people to work." - Crawdaddy
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 9, 2002, 10:58 PM   #4
Robotzombie
The Coz

Robotzombie is still being judged by the masses

Well, I've got my finger's crossed for their 3d stuff (GTA3 type stuff), but that is just tech so far. There is no physics and no AI. With that stuff, the framerate might get into the dumps.

That top down GTA-like one looks like it could be pulled off quite well though. I'm blown away by what these guys keep doing. And they keep getting better! i hope to see some games using their stuff soon...

Last edited by Robotzombie : Sep 9, 2002 at 11:01 PM.
Robotzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2002, 11:05 PM   #5
BoBVila
Banned

BoBVila is still being judged by the masses

There is "rudimentary" (their word) physics and AI in the ETCS presentation, but I agree. If they can get a game out, that would be wonderful. Take a look at V-Rally 3 if you haven't seen it already, though. It's a finished game that runs at good speed. There is no AI really, but it is a finished product--a year down the road we will have those graphics and decent AI. Because it is a handheld system, though, AI isn't really that important. The accuracy of control isn't what you would get from a traditional console or a PC.
BoBVila is offline   Reply With Quote