Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"
View Poll Results: What Zelda you like?The one from Spaceworld 2000 or 2001?
Spaceworld 2000 22 78.57%
Spaceworld 2001 5 17.86%
none 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 23, 2001, 04:15 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ragewars_sc
Rage3D Veteran

ragewars_sc is still being judged by the masses

Talking What Zelda you like?The one from Spaceworld 2000 or 2001?

I like the zelda from Spaceworld 2000 mutch beter!!!!!

I don't like this ......
Old Aug 23, 2001, 04:19 PM   #2
ragewars_sc
Rage3D Veteran

Talking

P.S.

I don't say that this is not good !But the graphic's from Spaceworld 2000 was to good to be true!!
Old Aug 23, 2001, 04:22 PM   #3
ragewars_sc
Rage3D Veteran

Talking

You can find Zelda fotage hire:

http://cube.ign.com/news/37665.html
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 23, 2001, 04:43 PM   #4
Buggy Loop
Rage3D Veteran

Buggy Loop is still being judged by the masses

I loved the spaceworld 2000 zelda just because it was a technical masterpiece.

but

I would prefer playing the new zelda ALOT MORE than the "realisic" looking one.

First, its like Zelda- link to the past on SNES in terms of art and style, which is something that was lacking in the n64 zelda games! Zelda Lttp was the BEST zelda of all times! The new zelda cube looks exactly like it with its art and atmosphere but in 3d !

I love it, i went crazy last night when i saw the shots but when i saw the video this morning, i felt in love with it. Sure, link now looks younger than before, but so what, he's link, he's always been young in past games anyway.

Oh and this game has the best cel-shading i've ever seen in a videogame, its like a freaking cartoon!

Anyway, before anyone go nuts over this, go play Zelda on snes, then look at the movie and tell me it wont be fun
Buggy Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2001, 05:26 PM   #5
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I dont like the new look of Zelda.
He looks like a girl, and it looks really REALLY gay.

But dont get me wrong, the look may be bad, but theres alwasy the gameplay which i have confidence that will be good.
If Zelda had a little bit more of an anime look to it (Not this 12yr old kid look) then perhaps it might be better.

Hell the graphics (aside from the first look) does look neat, as the cartoon look really REALLy is a cartoon. No doubt theres gonna be some comedic stuff in this.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
---AMD Dragon+ Platform---
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2001, 06:33 PM   #6
SirXcalibur
Admin in Shining Armour

SirXcalibur is still being judged by the masses

The only thing is that if there is a lot of humor it may not translate well. Japanese humour is quite different from American humour as well as Canadian Humour.
But I thought the whole cartoon thing was cool. its very likely they will change the way link looks before the final product..
Old Aug 23, 2001, 08:59 PM   #7
The Mighty Whitey
Hi

The Mighty Whitey is still being judged by the masses

I like it. You know there going to make another Zelda, one with the impresive Spaceworld 2000 graphics, and I'm willing to bet this one will be just as fun as all the others.
The Mighty Whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2001, 10:36 AM   #8
BlvdKing
Radeon HD 6850

BlvdKing is still being judged by the masses

I like the look of the 2001 Zelda alot. It looks like a cartoon and it's time for something different. That's what Nintendo is known for. I think this will rock!
About my neck was hung.

Shaved, Sterilized, Destroyed.

My Computer
BlvdKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2001, 02:58 PM   #9
ragewars_sc
Rage3D Veteran

Talking

The game will be a hit because:

1 Is Zelda
2 Myiamoto is making the game
3 is funny

But the shape from Spaceworld 2000 is a more nice and mature one!!

The fight betwen Link and Ganondorf beat all Tekken and Soul Calibur games from my pint of wieu!!!!!!

I think that Myiamoto think's that if the game is loking to good the game will not be funny or good!Lock at Animal forest on Gamecube this game is loking like a N 64 one!!!

In the end i whant to say that i will buy this game with any coust and i love nintendo !!!
Old Aug 25, 2001, 12:03 PM   #10
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse knows why the caged bird singsMyTMouse knows why the caged bird singsMyTMouse knows why the caged bird singsMyTMouse knows why the caged bird singsMyTMouse knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

The Spaceworld 2000 version looked awesome. This new Zelda looks WAY too weird for me to get used to. It will most likely be awesome but I just think it's too weird right now. Link looks god-awful but ah well. I bet we'll still get a non-cartoon Zelda sometime in the nest couple of years anyway....I hope
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2001, 05:41 PM   #11
ragewars_sc
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by MyTMouse
The Spaceworld 2000 version looked awesome. This new Zelda looks WAY too weird for me to get used to. It will most likely be awesome but I just think it's too weird right now. Link looks god-awful but ah well. I bet we'll still get a non-cartoon Zelda sometime in the nest couple of years anyway....I hope

Ya i hope so to!!!
Old Aug 26, 2001, 04:18 AM   #12
Robotzombie
The Coz

Robotzombie is still being judged by the masses

Default Toon-shading all the way!

I simply cannot WAIT for this new technology to be implemented into games. It is without a doubt the coolest thing to come along in years. All I have to say is: when are we going to get a new version of "Virtual Springfield"?
Robotzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2001, 09:03 AM   #13
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 is still being judged by the masses

Default Nintendo and Kiddy games.

I love nintendo but they are always the ones that aim for the kiddy audience. Why did they have to take the new Zelda in that direction. The 2000 preview looked excellent and I said finally the franchise is going to get a non-cutesy look and design. Bahh I say....baHHHH!
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2001, 11:06 AM   #14
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse knows why the caged bird singsMyTMouse knows why the caged bird singsMyTMouse knows why the caged bird singsMyTMouse knows why the caged bird singsMyTMouse knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Yes Nintendo targets the younger people more. It would be stupid not to...they account for the majority of sales. Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, GameCube, etc. all will have kiddie games and lots of them. It's not always a bad thing though because a lot of them are really fun to play
Old Aug 26, 2001, 01:34 PM   #15
Buggy Loop
Rage3D Veteran

Buggy Loop is still being judged by the masses

Kids is 45% of the entire videogame market. Yes, nintendo of japan will concentrate on that demographic and at the sametime assure a nice place in japan. But that doesnt mean that silicon knight, rare, NST,left field, camelot, factor5, brownie brown, HAL labs, Intelligent system, retro and the 3rd parties have to go that way, EAD alone can gather that 45% of the market, the rest of the developers can just bring in the older demographic and it WILL do so.
When you think about it, its brillant. N64's demographic was made out of 50% of adults, if you go with that ratio on gamecube, nintendo could easily grab a 30 to 40% out of the 55% of the adult demographic left for videogames. Of course, that demographic will be shared since most adults own more than one console anyway.

Add this with the GBA trojan horse that will sell millions of consoles, and you see why nintendo will be a company not to underestimate this generation. In fact, they could end up selling more hardware units than ps2 by 2005 if they market the GBA+gamecube interactivity.

Basicly, buy nintendo shares if you have a chance
Buggy Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2001, 02:17 PM   #16
ragewars_sc
Rage3D Veteran

Talking

And think about this:

Any adult can play a kid game but not any kid can play an adult game!
Old Aug 27, 2001, 11:22 PM   #17
shady078
Radeon HD 7970

shady078 is still being judged by the masses

yeah, i liked the look of the first footage better, although parts of the new one look really odd.. it would have been better for them to create a game to showcase the power of their console.. as they say, if it aint broke, dont fix it.. What would have been really good is to remake the very first Zelda game with 3d graphics and lighting effects.. or maybe even a Link to the Past.. would definately be worth seeing
Gigabyte X58A-U3DR
Sapphire HD7970 3GB
OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD (OS Drive) fw-1.41
WD Caviar 500GB 7200rpm hdd w/16mb cache
Antec TruePower Trio 850 Modular Power Supply
Silverstone Raven RV-02
Windows 7 Profesional x64
Apple 27" LED Cinema Display
shady078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2001, 09:47 AM   #18
Percuvius
Banned

Percuvius is still being judged by the masses

If you closely scrutinize miyamoto's statement regarding the different versions of Zelda he said he would not betray the trust of those who liked the E3 2001 footage. He also stated that Link would start out young and innocent (back to the roots of Zelda) and then progress and mature as the game goes on. This leaves room for some speculation, will the new Zelda start out as a cartoon while link is young and then transform itself as he get's older to the E3 2001 footage we saw?
This would be very cool, like the b&w to colour change in the wizard of oz. Something to consider anyways.

Percuvius...
Percuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2001, 12:27 PM   #19
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

I can't say no because I'm not making the game but I can say with about 99% confidence that Zelda will stay cartoon cell-shaded for the whole game. They may come out with a Spaceworld 2000-type Zelda in years to come but this title is not one of them
Old Sep 3, 2001, 07:44 PM   #20
Percuvius
Banned

Why then did Miyamoto say he would NOT betray the trust of those who liked the E3 footage?

Percuvius...
Old Sep 3, 2001, 09:00 PM   #21
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

well in other interviews Miyamoto was asked about another Zelda title that would be without the cartoonish look...he did the basic "I can't comment at this time" which is console company lingo for "most likely but we cannot disclose anything at this point and time"

It's almost guaranteed there will be another Zelda (non cell-shaded)...I just wish it was sometime in the next year
Old Sep 5, 2001, 02:57 PM   #22
Percuvius
Banned

You know, I also was wondering if the E3 footage could be from a Zelda based fighting title?
Old Sep 6, 2001, 04:46 PM   #23
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

Only time will tell I guess. My guess is that the Zelda footage was nothing more than just to show a Zelda-related product.
Old Sep 9, 2001, 08:52 AM   #24
Pufferfish
Radeon HD 6970

Pufferfish is still being judged by the masses

I hope there will be a Zelda game for each style\
both are great in their own way
Pufferfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2001, 09:35 AM   #25
Phiberoptix
Radeon HD 6850

Phiberoptix is still being judged by the masses

Default ditto!

Quote:
Originally posted by Buggy Loop
I loved the spaceworld 2000 zelda just because it was a technical masterpiece.

but

I would prefer playing the new zelda ALOT MORE than the "realisic" looking one.

First, its like Zelda- link to the past on SNES in terms of art and style, which is something that was lacking in the n64 zelda games! Zelda Lttp was the BEST zelda of all times! The new zelda cube looks exactly like it with its art and atmosphere but in 3d !

I love it, i went crazy last night when i saw the shots but when i saw the video this morning, i felt in love with it. Sure, link now looks younger than before, but so what, he's link, he's always been young in past games anyway.

Oh and this game has the best cel-shading i've ever seen in a videogame, its like a freaking cartoon!

Anyway, before anyone go nuts over this, go play Zelda on snes, then look at the movie and tell me it wont be fun

Ditto! I completely agree with you...I can't wait to play it...hell, I might even boot up my old snes with zelda:lttp and play it again.
To tell the truth, when I first saw the zelda at SW2k I didn't thought it would be that great...that battle between link and ganondorf reminded me of SC (a lot!). I love SoulCalibur, but I don't see a zelda game fitting on this "mood". I though that even zelda64 lost something when Link became an adult..I thought it was funnier to play with him as a kid. jmo though
Old Sep 14, 2001, 01:43 PM   #26
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They could at least make him look a little more boyish.
He looks like a girl in some of the pictures/angles of the new Zelda.
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Old Sep 17, 2001, 10:18 AM   #27
Percuvius
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sasquach
They could at least make him look a little more boyish.
He looks like a girl in some of the pictures/angles of the new Zelda.
Then they should add some bouncing boobies, ala DOA3
Old Sep 17, 2001, 02:58 PM   #28
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally posted by Percuvius

Then they should add some bouncing boobies, ala DOA3
EWWWWWW thatd be pedophilism you disgusting man!!!!
Old Sep 19, 2001, 03:26 PM   #29
Percuvius
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sasquach

EWWWWWW thatd be pedophilism you disgusting man!!!!
Only if you touch 'em Sas!
Old Sep 21, 2001, 01:22 PM   #30
Fearless Leader
Radeon HD 6770

Fearless Leader is still being judged by the masses

I personally would prefer it if the game would give you the option to switch between looking like a cartoon and looking more realistic.

I guess it all depends on if those in game movies are pre-rendered or rendered on the fly.
Fearless Leader is offline   Reply With Quote