Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:46 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Seth from SF4

I love the game. But I hate the end boss.

I can't figure out how to counter all his teleport or jump ins immediately followed by an unblockable grab super moves. I can walk through each character, only to spend countless times restarting on Seth. And when I finally do beat him, it doesn't feel like I accomplished anything as its usually because he decided not to try as hard, and not that I figured out anything monumental in how to overcome him. So far the best way I've figured out to beat him is to use an Ultra Combo and a Super Combo back to back with a good head start. But with some characters, I can't quite pull off those combo attacks at will and at perfect timing yet.

I don't really like it when they take characters and give them an endless chain of unstoppable or unblockable attacks. Also, he seems to be able to absorb some attacks and have projectile attacks pass through him.

Maybe I just haven't figured out the trick yet in beating him. But as of right now he feels cheap and unfair to have to fight. I like difficulty, but not at the expense of balance.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:55 AM   #2
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

seth can be use in rank match in sf4 ......
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:02 AM   #3
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
seth can be use in rank match in sf4 ......
Do you ever post anything that makes sense? I mean, besides all your PS3 advertising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:10 AM   #4
bsp
endo

bsp is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Do you ever post anything that makes sense? I mean, besides all your PS3 advertising.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:11 AM   #5
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
well i thought he is saying seth is overpowered... which i just add that he can even be used in online rank match....

Last edited by wc326 : Feb 19, 2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:13 AM   #6
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

I havent played it. But Im sure he is probably looking for some tips in beating Seth as too playing him.

amirite?
Quote:
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:18 AM   #7
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I havent played it. But Im sure he is probably looking for some tips in beating Seth as too playing him.

amirite?
yea, but Seth is really Cheap , he can just teleport whenever he wants.
and whereever he wants to.

most of the time he will be teleporting himself a few times, until you dunno where the heck he wants to go . then suddenly he will be right beside you and do his normal crazy attack that can't be countered.

and his ultra combo, you won't have place to hide, since he can just suck you into him and decrease your hp for about 1/4th or more.

He is just overpowered, and he can be use online

even in easy lvl mode he still crazy as hell. mayeb i just suck lol

Last edited by wc326 : Feb 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:25 AM   #8
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Quote:
yea, but Seth is really Cheap , he can just teleport whenever he wants.
and whereever he wants to.

most of the time he will be teleporting himself a few times, until you dunno where the heck he wants to go . then suddenly he will be right beside you and do his normal crazy attack that can't be countered.

and his ultra combo, you really have no where to hide, since he can just suck you into him and decrease your hp for about 1/4th or more.

He is just overpowered, and he can be use online

even in easy lvl mode he still crazy as hell. mayeb i just suck lol
He mentioned this is his original post. This we already know. Im sure he would still appreciate a pointer or two on how to take him down.
Quote:
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:42 AM   #9
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

sorry to say, i can only beat him on the easiest level without getting angry and dejected at the game.

Last edited by wc326 : Feb 19, 2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:51 AM   #10
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
sorry to say, i can only beat him on the easiest level without getting angry and dejected at the game.
Well, then I feel pretty good as I've been him twice now on Medium difficulty.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:55 AM   #11
Koenig
He wo hitte

Koenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete stranger

Jeez I must really suck...I wasn't even able to beat him on easy at all last night. I tried like 7 times and then just quit. All I want to do is unlock the other characters and I can't even achieve that. I can beat him the first round, but his second round I can barely get a hit in.

I'm still having trouble pulling off the Super combos and Ultra combos. Seems like I get those on chance, but when I do manage it they block it every fricking time.

屁をひつて尻窄め "Breaking wind, closing buttocks" - Japanese Proverb

www.angelman.org
www.cureangelman.org
Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:18 AM   #12
Insung
Radeon R420

Insung is still being judged by the masses

Its really to early to tell if Seth is playable in actual play or night. But boss characters are usually banned from all tourneys anyways so it makes no sense to practice with him if he gets banned.
Generic AMD Heatsink
4GB Crucial Ballistix
SATA 750 gigs/250GB Hard Drives
Maxtor External HD: 120GB/Enclosure: 120GB
Sapphire Radeon HD 4870
Audigy 4 SE
RocketFish 750w
ASUS VW246H
Windows 7 Home Preimum
Insung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:10 AM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I just spam the dragon punches to beat Seth...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 02:22 PM   #14
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It takes one madman to kill another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7qBO7lG8jg

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 04:07 PM   #15
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
It takes one madman to kill another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7qBO7lG8jg

Couple of things there. When Bison wins, it says Vega wins??? Also, why only a single fight? Seth is easy on the first round, but totally dominating the second.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 06:14 PM   #16
seiji-kun
Radeon R600

seiji-kun is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Couple of things there. When Bison wins, it says Vega wins??? Also, why only a single fight? Seth is easy on the first round, but totally dominating the second.
That's cause the names were swapped around in the US back in SF II to avoid legal trouble with Mike Tyson.

JP M. Bison = US Balrog
JP Balrog = US Vega
JP Vega = US M. Bison

and Akuma is called Gouki in the JP version, though I don't know the motivation for that change.

As for Seth, when you play the game with single round matches, he should be starting off aggressive already (at least that's how it seems to me). I guess the player had it on easiest mode.
seiji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 06:21 PM   #17
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

re: Seth (the Cheap [email protected]@rd)

combo's not including specials are your main friend
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 06:49 PM   #18
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

Seth can lick my balls.

That is all.

He's a damn cheap bastard .
Old Feb 20, 2009, 11:59 PM   #19
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

He even bypasses my bigger fireballs... I hate it! Only dragon punches can defeat him... or so it seems!
Old Feb 21, 2009, 01:08 AM   #20
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
He even bypasses my bigger fireballs... I hate it! Only dragon punches can defeat him... or so it seems!
Hell I'm only playing on normal and he blocks every damn Dragon Punch I throw. The only way for me to beat him is to go slow and take it easy. Lots of turtling, only attack when you have a clear opening. I get beat down every time I go into the fight balls to the wall trying to throw everything I have at him all at once.

He makes for a good challenge that's for sure.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:22 AM   #21
FiggyG
Radeon Caribbean Islands

FiggyG once held a door open for a complete strangerFiggyG once held a door open for a complete strangerFiggyG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji-kun View Post
That's cause the names were swapped around in the US back in SF II to avoid legal trouble with Mike Tyson.

JP M. Bison = US Balrog
JP Balrog = US Vega
JP Vega = US M. Bison

and Akuma is called Gouki in the JP version, though I don't know the motivation for that change.

As for Seth, when you play the game with single round matches, he should be starting off aggressive already (at least that's how it seems to me). I guess the player had it on easiest mode.
And to add to that, M. Bison stands for Mike Bison I'd love to play this and get my ass kicked by him, but my 360 is dead.
FiggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:18 PM   #22
NEODARK
Radeon Sea Islands

NEODARK is still being judged by the masses

Just coming here to report the obvious as well..

Seth is a lame, cheap bastard final boss. The game kicks ass, but the last boss is a shame. I wish you'd still had to fight Bison as the final boss, at least he has pedigree.

PS: I already unlocked all the characters (but for Ryu/ken's master).
Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:02 PM   #23
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird sings

Hmm, I actually have more problems with Abel them I do with Seth. That bastard does nothing but throw me all over the place
The Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:57 PM   #24
KAC
That postcount though...

The best is to hit Abel with fireballs...
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:27 AM   #25
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I can't picture Bison being referred to as "Vega" even though that is his real name. Same with Vega being known as "Balrog". Seems weird to me.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:44 AM   #26
Koenig
He wo hitte

Koenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete stranger

Well, I have to laugh at myself. The other night I was unaware that there were setting lower than easy. Once I set it to easiest it became ridiculously easy. I've managed to unlock all but Seth, but I should have him unlocked in the next couple of days. I'm also getting a lot better at the combos.

Has anyone figured out the focus attacks? I read about them briefly in the manual but I'm not sure if I am doing them correctly as I have no clue as to what it looks like when completed correctly.

www.angelman.org
www.cureangelman.org
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:54 AM   #27
NEODARK
Radeon Sea Islands

Can anyone figure out a better explanation for the SUPER/ULTRA combo for Akuma?

I don't understand it in the comands menu. (Specifically, what are those little "play" icons between inputs).
Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:59 AM   #28
Koenig
He wo hitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEODARK View Post
Can anyone figure out a better explanation for the SUPER/ULTRA combo for Akuma?

I don't understand it in the comands menu. (Specifically, what are those little "play" icons between inputs).
Light punch -> Light punch -> Hold back and continue holding (forward for the super combo) -> Light kick -> Heavy punch

The "play" icons just indicate order of succession.

www.angelman.org
www.cureangelman.org

Last edited by Koenig : Feb 24, 2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:35 PM   #29
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Rugal Bernstein true form vs Seth, who wins? (Style and coolness wise Rugal wins hands down. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj6u0dBwuMQ

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:59 AM   #30
NEODARK
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
Light punch -> Light punch -> Hold back and continue holding (forward for the super combo) -> Light kick -> Heavy punch

The "play" icons just indicate order of succession.
Thanks, I'll try that out