Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:39 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Up to 60,000 California Inmate Releases over Next 2-3 Years

Quote:
California News (KFSN) -- Tens of thousands of California state prisoners will soon be released back to their homes. Instead of being slammed shut, close to 60,000 inmates may soon see their prison doors open wide. A federal appeals court has issued a tentative ruling saying California's prison population must be reduced within the next 2-3 years because of overcrowding and poor conditions.
Currently there are close to 158,000 inmates in California spread across 33 prisons. If the court's ruling is finalized and an appeal is rejected, an estimated 60,000 white-collar criminals, property and identity thieves would be set free.
"A lot of these folks earned their trip to state prison," said Merced Sheriff Mark Pazin.
Pazin worries these inmates will return to their previous lives of crime
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?se...ate&id=6652174
One more reason to stay away from Cali.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:16 AM   #2
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You could release all the hash prisoners. You no longer have to pay to house them, and it gives a boost to the local snack economy.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:21 AM   #3
Debello
Not built for speed

Debello is still being judged by the masses

I thought the mandatory sentencing and three strike rule was around as a prevention, I guess not. Prisons as a business hopefully will come to an end, maybe just maybe that money is better spent in prevention, kinda like healthcare.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 4, 2009, 04:41 AM   #4
Corum Jhaelen Irsei
Banned

Corum Jhaelen Irsei is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debello View Post
I thought the mandatory sentencing and three strike rule was around as a prevention, I guess not. Prisons as a business hopefully will come to an end, maybe just maybe that money is better spent in prevention, kinda like healthcare.
There are only one way to prevent crime. That is to make everything legal.
Corum Jhaelen Irsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 04:54 AM   #5
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corum Jhaelen Irsei View Post
There are only one way to prevent crime. That is to make everything legal.
Or to help people to learn... you know. that little thing called knowledge.

I can't say I agree with releasing prisoners uniformly... but if they are being selective...
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 05:01 AM   #6
Corum Jhaelen Irsei
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanu View Post

I can't say I agree with releasing prisoners uniformly... but if they are being selective...
Too funny. So I quess the guy running the billion dollar ponzi scheme was not educated?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 07:08 AM   #7
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Too funny. So I quess the guy running the billion dollar ponzi scheme was not educated?
You just took my point, added your own bad logic to it, and then turned it back around and made it sound like my own words.

Not only are you assuming what I meant, but you are ALSO trying to take my point where I never meant it to go. Please refrain from doing so again.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 07:39 AM   #8
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Then please explain where you meant it to go, rather than ranting about his post.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 08:38 AM   #9
MeltingCactus
Keeper and Acquirer

MeltingCactus is still being judged by the masses

The majority of these releases will be folks in on drug charges I'm sure. These are not going to be violent offenders or folks doing serious time.

The California prison system is pretty messed up. Legal battles are currently being fought over the Parole board's consistent failure to grant parole to eligible inmates simply based on the nature of their original charge. This while the prison facilities are way beyond stuffed full.

I toured a county jail in California last summer, it was an enlightening experience, very claustrophobic. Had a chance to see San Quentin too, but I ended up not going.
"I realize that, historically, phrases like 'massive redistribution of wealth' are usually accompanied by rivers of blood. That said, it's about time for a massive redistribution of wealth."-from The Onion
"Deconstructing the Twinkie is like trying to deconstruct the universe." - Hostess Foods
MeltingCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 09:40 AM   #10
Corum Jhaelen Irsei
Banned

Quote:
You just took my point, added your own bad logic to it, and then turned it back around and made it sound like my own words.

Not only are you assuming what I meant, but you are ALSO trying to take my point where I never meant it to go. Please refrain from doing so again.
You made a foolish statement, I showed you that foolishness, and now your feelings are hurt. I will post as I wish. I did not insult you, just made you look foolish.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:00 AM   #11
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

All right, time for a crime spree.
Oh no! Beta!
Fuku2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:11 AM   #12
Aneska
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Aneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I think they should kill the people on death row but thats just me.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 02:24 PM   #13
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Quote:

Quote:
You made a foolish statement, I showed you that foolishness, and now your feelings are hurt. I will post as I wish. I did not insult you, just made you look foolish.
Not only did I say IF they were selective about it, but IF they were willing to actually educate the inmates who did what they did out of ignorance of lack of control. NOTHING about a guy who knew how to work the system.

Take your stupidity somewhere else.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:07 PM   #14
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingCactus View Post
The majority of these releases will be folks in on drug charges I'm sure. These are not going to be violent offenders or folks doing serious time.

The California prison system is pretty messed up. Legal battles are currently being fought over the Parole board's consistent failure to grant parole to eligible inmates simply based on the nature of their original charge. This while the prison facilities are way beyond stuffed full.

I toured a county jail in California last summer, it was an enlightening experience, very claustrophobic. Had a chance to see San Quentin too, but I ended up not going.
Quote:
white-collar criminals, property and identity thieves would be set free.
Just what we need, more ID and property thieves being released.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:14 PM   #15
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

id rather see blue collar minor drug offense and crimes against the self get involved with this break
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote