Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 6, 2020, 08:43 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Default Henry Cavil - PC Gamer

Screw you, consoles

Not sure why the error... also https://youtu.be/3hHdoOxs_LQ?t=159

Last edited by Jet Black : Jan 7, 2020 at 11:20 AM.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 09:04 PM   #2
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Screw you, consoles

Only the YouTube video ID goes in between the tags, not the whole URL. The ID for the video that you linked to is 3hHdoOxs_LQ, so the tags should be used as follows:

[yt]3hHdoOxs_LQ[/yt]

As for the video itself, that is pretty cool.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 09:17 PM   #3
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 6, 2020, 09:24 PM   #4
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If I were gay, he would be my type.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 09:30 PM   #5
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I think someone needs to make an opposite picture of this using Henry Cavil

The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 09:31 PM   #6
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I think its great he's actually a fan of the games. Makes his role as Geralt seem so much more genuine.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 01:07 AM   #7
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Screw you, consoles

got new respect for cavil, that was a good interview, Eisen came off like a bit of a douche bag dissing gamers, its so cool to not know anything about games, screw you eisen...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 04:21 AM   #8
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Wowzer an actor playing total war games, never expected such a thing ha.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 09:11 AM   #9
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
If I were gay, he would be my type.
Only if he puts on his Geralt wig, then all bets are off!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 09:48 AM   #10
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yeah right, his publicist probably staged his interview and gave him lines. As if Henry Cavil has any time to play games (PC games of all games) in between banging chicks.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 09:52 AM   #11
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I think its great he's actually a fan of the games. Makes his role as Geralt seem so much more genuine.
That's assuming hes not being fed lines and claims to be a gamer when he likely isn't.

tons of celebrities claim to be fans of games/anime/stuff but only a handful are actually genuine about it, while the rest are just acting.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:08 AM   #12
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
That's assuming hes not being fed lines and claims to be a gamer when he likely isn't.

tons of celebrities claim to be fans of games/anime/stuff but only a handful are actually genuine about it, while the rest are just acting.
I tend to believe him. Of course we can't know how much of the games he's actually played, but just by how he acts in the role he no doubt played some of it. He mimics so well the mannerisms of Geralt in the games and voice of Doug Cockle. That can't come from the books or just reading the show's script.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:24 AM   #13
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I tend to believe him. Of course we can't know how much of the games he's actually played, but just by how he acts in the role he no doubt played some of it. He mimics so well the mannerisms of Geralt in the games and voice of Doug Cockle. That can't come from the books or just reading the show's script.
Yep, agreed. He nails it to a T - you can't get that from a script.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:24 AM   #14
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Only the YouTube video ID goes in between the tags, not the whole URL. The ID for the video that you linked to is 3hHdoOxs_LQ, so the tags should be used as follows:

[yt]3hHdoOxs_LQ[/yt]
Thanks! I guess I don't link enough videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Only if he puts on his Geralt wig, then all bets are off!
On r/pcmasterrace they had a different interview where he was asked what console he games on, and he said "I'm a PC gamer" and replies to that were to edit the to be him Cavill. With the wig on it may just work.

Quote:
I agree that I think he is a legit gamer. You could tell by Cavill's physical response to Eisen's suggestion that gamers are sweatpants wearing basement dwellers, that he was both somewhat apprehensive to respond as well as put-off, but in the end he took it with good humour.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:40 AM   #15
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Yeah right, his publicist probably staged his interview and gave him lines. As if Henry Cavil has any time to play games (PC games of all games) in between banging chicks.
You think?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:29 PM   #16
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Quote:

He's a a genuine nerd. Plus he himself says he has hardly any time these days to game.

https://www.instagram.com/p/99MqW3g5..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ3AqVXF..._web_copy_link

I mean Word of Radiance is beyond nerd for me

These were old Instagram posts from him. He almost missed playing Superman back in 2013 because he was playing WoW at the time.

Actor or not I wouldn't remember this **** about comic books unless I actively liked them.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Last edited by SirBaron : Jan 7, 2020 at 01:58 PM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 01:16 PM   #17
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Not sure if we should be so overly surprised that a grown man plays videogames, no matter what his job is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
got new respect for cavil, that was a good interview, Eisen came off like a bit of a douche bag dissing gamers, its so cool to not know anything about games, screw you eisen...
Eisen's the type of guy who most likely won't be around for more than a decade or two anymore; old, never gamed, doesn't know what he's talking about other than the ancient stereotype. What kid these days isn't growing up with a Playstation, Xbox, Switch or PC in his/her life?

Quote:

I think if you watch the interview and come away with the thought that he's faking it, you'd have to be extremely cynical and/or a very bad judge of someone honestly talking about something they like doing.

I mean, there's no reason for an actor to have even played the game ("I choose to find my own voice as this character"), let alone to go so far into it ("I play a few games on the Playstation, you know, FIFA, Madden, The Witcher..." is always an option as an answer). Seems to me like he's honest. He games, doesn't have much time for it, fine by me?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 01:49 PM   #18
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Not sure if we should be so overly surprised that a grown man plays videogames, no matter what his job is?

Eisen's the type of guy who most likely won't be around for more than a decade or two anymore; old, never gamed, doesn't know what he's talking about other than the ancient stereotype. What kid these days isn't growing up with a Playstation, Xbox, Switch or PC in his/her life?
well his specialty is sport so it won;t have any bearing on him if he knows anything about gaming or not...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 06:00 PM   #19
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Neat.

I wonder about not having time to play games though. Surely he has enough money to hire all of KAC's maids at once. So couldn't he decide to take a break for a few months a year?

I guess it might be hard to pull back because you get future jobs based on previous work. That and scheduling is often not up to him.

Many Henry is browsing this forum right now ready to pwn some n00bs. Hi Henry, I loved you as Batman in the Avengers movies
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 06:06 PM   #20
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Neat.

I wonder about not having time to play games though. Surely he has enough money to hire all of KAC's maids at once. So couldn't he decide to take a break for a few months a year?

I guess it might be hard to pull back because you get future jobs based on previous work. That and scheduling is often not up to him.

Many Henry is browsing this forum right now ready to pwn some n00bs. Hi Henry, I loved you as Batman in the Avengers movies
Dont be a jerk, you know he played Bruce Wayne.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2020, 08:32 PM   #21
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Name me another celebrity of any kind that just even have the knowledge that total war games are a thing, and since when did total war games become even just get noticed outside pc gaming journalism and the player community? People don't fake such specific answer.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 08:40 PM   #22
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Never assume. I played ball in college and about half the team was playing Oblivion on laptops at the back of the bus.

We actually killed the bus's battery once while stopped at a Denny's.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 08:50 PM   #23
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I mean ffs, the main guy dude bro from the stupidly popular fast and furrious franchise plays dnd and created his own game developement studio to make a game about his fantasy/scifi movies... You really shouldnt just judge people because they are actors.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:44 AM   #24
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Not to mention gaming in general is just much more popular and mainstream than it was 20 years ago. Its not just a "nerd thing" anymore by any stretch.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:05 PM   #25
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I mean ffs, the main guy dude bro from the stupidly popular fast and furrious franchise plays dnd and created his own game developement studio to make a game about his fantasy/scifi movies... You really shouldnt just judge people because they are actors.
Which is funny when people were saying "wtf that guy say, he's calling gamers basement dwelling fat nerds?!"

to

"nah Henry is being fed lies doesn't look like a nerd! too busy banging chicks"

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote