Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:59 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
=Mustang=
Eagle Dynamics Betatester

=Mustang= is still being judged by the masses

Default Eagle Dynamics posts Future Projects Road Map

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=81589

In the coming months we plan to release several new projects. While we wish to have open communications with our customers and let them know of our planned projects, please understand that plans often change due to unforeseen circumstances. The below list is a road map of our intentions and not a promise of things to come. As each product nears completion and feature lists are finalized, more details will be provided.

1- Combined Arms. This $19.99 add-on will allow A-10C, Black Shark 2, and Flaming Cliffs 3 owner to act as ground force commanders as the mission is running. Users can direct ground units, set fire missions for artillery/multiple rocket launchers, and take the role of a Joint Terminal Air Controller (JTAC). As the JTAC, players will have night vision goggles, IR pointer, laser designator, and Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR). Several other new items are still being considered. Combined Arms will work in both single player and multiplayer missions.

2- Flaming Cliffs 3. This will be a paid-for update to the Flaming Cliffs series and brings it to the same world, mission editor, AI, units, etc. as A-10C and Black Shark 2. We plan to include several upgrades to the aircraft, a resource management system, and several other new features. This will also make Flaming Cliffs online compatible with A-10C and Black Shark 2. Pricing will depend on what new features are included.

3- Nevada map. This will be a $19.99 add-on that will be compatible with A-10C, Black Shark 2, and FC3. Users that purchased the A-10C beta will get this map for free.

4- The first "DCS Flying Legends" aircraft will be released in the first half of 2012.

5- The next US fixed wing jet DCS aircraft is being worked on in parallel.

For Combined Arms and the Nevada map, a single purchase will allow these add-ons to work with A-10C 1.1.1.0, Black Shark 2, and FC3.
More information, visit: www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
=Mustang= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Scendore
Radeon R520

Scendore is still being judged by the masses

yeah... Just saw this over on Sim HQ. Fantastic news and I wish them luck.
Scendore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

All great.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 15, 2011, 01:30 PM   #4
aop
Radeon Caribbean Islands

aop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete stranger

Why can't they release a ****ing complete package with all the features and flyable aircraft included in the same pack?
aop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2011, 01:44 PM   #5
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I wildguess it's because of the differences in simulation fidelity. A10 and Hokum could go together but feel strange probably.

They should just make A10 level of fidelity clickable cokpits for everything from FC and then release it together.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:26 PM   #6
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Flaming Cliffs 3, great, all I want are better models and better sim fidelity (ie, better effects, better flight models and better sound)
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:23 AM   #7
abdecken5
Rage3D Veteran

abdecken5 is still being judged by the masses

I love the games but hate the buisness model.

Their paper manual, which are essential really, cost more than their game. Pay for patches? $20 for a map?
abdecken5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 01:30 PM   #8
Scendore
Radeon R520

Scendore is still being judged by the masses

I think their 20 dollar asking fee is fine for what they are really giving you.

The biggest problem with the series has been and will always be the lack of a real time campaign mode. Sure sure you can build out missions galore with the new triggers and editing that came with A10C but it's missing something for the Single Player.

Lastly the learning curve is steep which prevents a large community of Multiplayer users.

I've already made the investment in terms of purchases and time so these upgrades are a no brainer to keep a very small genre going.
Scendore is offline   Reply With Quote