Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 8, 2012, 02:43 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Default The future of DCS World by Eagle Dynamics

It's the definitive combat flight sim, but they have gone 1 step further and allowed third parties to create modules for their DCS world client. If you don't know already, DCS World is basically a single, unified core for all DCS products to work in, this is something you can beta test right now, you don't need to buy anything, it comes with a free SU-25T, but say you already own a copy of A10-C or Black Shark 2, you then only need to download a 700 meg file and install that module along side the dcs world client. It is still in beta right now so the upgrade version of BS2 will not work yet, and BS1 is not supported and never will be according to them.

But lets forget about that for now, third parties have jumped on board ! What planes are planned? So far these are what they've announced and some of their WIP screenshots.

DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed by beczl

More info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=201

IRIS Flight Simulation Software

Planes planned.

IRIS F-15E Strike Eagle for DCS World
IRIS F-22 Raptor for DCS World
IRIS F-14D Tomcat for DCS World

More info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Virtual European Air Operations

Planes planned.

DCS: Hawk
DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon

More info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=207

Back to ED themselves, they'll be releasing combined arms in the near future which you can view in this promotional trailer, plus the nevada map.

Last edited by Tork64 : Jun 8, 2012 at 03:34 AM.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 02:55 AM   #2
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

I wonder if any of it will come to steam? what if I buy A-10 from steam, can I upgrade it with F-15 in the future or what?

btw why don't they release BS2 on steam? will world come to steam?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:02 AM   #3
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
I wonder if any of it will come to steam? what if I buy A-10 from steam, can I upgrade it with F-15 in the future or what?

btw why don't they release BS2 on steam? will world come to steam?
Yep, you can use the steam version of A-10, you just need the cdkey for it which you can access from the steam page, you don't need to install the steam version of a10c, from there you download the dcs world client and the dcs module for a10 from their site.

according to a forum post, they wanted to release BS2 on Steam but something happened and Steam/Valve said no, they didn't tell us why they said no.

I should post links to the dcs world client itself

DCS World Client http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...os=135&lang=en

Disregard the p51 thing, just install the dcs client

from there download the a10-c module here. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...2.1_EN.torrent

Last edited by Tork64 : Jun 8, 2012 at 03:14 AM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:22 AM   #4
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
Yep, you can use the steam version of A-10, you just need the cdkey for it which you can access from the steam page, you don't need to install the steam version of a10c, from there you download the dcs world client and the dcs module for a10 from their site.

according to a forum post, they wanted to release BS2 on Steam but something happened and Steam/Valve said no, they didn't tell us why they said no.

I should post links to the dcs world client itself

DCS World Client http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...os=135&lang=en

Disregard the p51 thing, just install the dcs client

from there download the a10-c module here. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...2.1_EN.torrent

now I'm confused, so what exactly is DCS world? I'm not really care with Combined Arms or Blackshark series but I'm very interested in future DCS modern fixed wing jets such as the EF, F-15 and F-14, are they going to require DCS world? if yes then DCS world is something like FSX and the planes are the addons? (in that case I will have to buy DCS A-10 from steam)

if they are going to be separate products then I hope they will come to steam

wait, DCS World client is free? now I'm really stumped, need enlightenment about the whole issue...
Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:25 AM   #5
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

now I'm confused, so what exactly is DCS world? I'm not really care with Combined Arms or Blackshark series but I'm very interested in future DCS modern fixed wing jets such as the EF, F-15 and F-14, are they going to require DCS world? if yes then DCS world is something like FSX and the planes are the addons? (in that case I will have to buy DCS A-10 from steam)

if they are going to be separate products then I hope they will come to steam

wait, DCS World client is free? now I'm really stumped, need enlightenment about the whole issue...
yea the client "DCS world" is free, its like you said, when buying a plane for FSX, you pay for the plane and install it on the FSX and yea they will require dcs world.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 04:11 AM   #6
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
yea the client "DCS world" is free, its like you said, when buying a plane for FSX, you pay for the plane and install it on the FSX and yea they will require dcs world.
so what was the 'you need to buy A-10 on steam' about and use the cdkey for?
and if dcs world = fsx and the individual planes are going to be individual paid addons then that mean they aren't going to be sold on steam, unless it's going to be a standalone DCS F15 or something right?
Old May 3, 2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Default next DCS planes will be the F-15C and Su-27SM first

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...51#post1743051

03 May 2013 Update

Well, the big news this week has of course been the release of DCS ver. 1.2.4, along with the first DCS module... DCS: UH-1H Huey! We've been really delighted with the reception of the Huey and that it has demonstrated that a talented partner can develop a module to the same standards of the other DCS modules. We hope this will put some of those concerns to bed.

In order to release the Huey and 1.2.4 this week, we ran out of time to include some additional changes/fixes into the installers. On Monday, we PLAN/HOPE to provide a 1.2.4 update with the following:

• Fixed hit point of shells in multiplayer that were independent of turret rotation on the server-side.
• Disabled the incomplete "Ultra High" visibility setting.
• Implemented the waiting screen for the Module Manager.
• Corrected helicopter exhaust effect.
• Fixed damage value for AI aircraft.
• Corrected invisible warehouses.
• Helicopter takeoff from ships corrected.
• Adjusted shell aiming.
• Adjusted infantry weapon accuracy.
• AK-74 assault rifle rate of fire has been corrected.
• Fixed lock ability for non-air defense units.
• Fixed "Emission Control" for radar units.
• Advanced options waypoint that allows air unit to fly to an assigned ground unit.
• Adjusted delay between manual gear changes for CA units.
• Fixed delay after launch of IR-guided missiles.
• Repair after mast bumping is now available.
• Fixed GUI button size errors.
• Fixed synchronization of ground units in network play.

After that, we will evaluate the most important remaining 1.2.4 bugs and do our very best to resolve as many of them as possible in 1.2.5. Work will also accelerate on development of DCS: F-15C and DCS: Su-27. I hope to talk more about those next week.

Matt

looks like I'll have to wait much longer fo any F-18 module however I think I will be interested with the Su-27SM module, it will be an entirely new thing for me to learn as I never played a russian fighter study sim before
Old May 3, 2013, 07:29 PM   #8
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...51#post1743051

03 May 2013 Update

Well, the big news this week has of course been the release of DCS ver. 1.2.4, along with the first DCS module... DCS: UH-1H Huey! We've been really delighted with the reception of the Huey and that it has demonstrated that a talented partner can develop a module to the same standards of the other DCS modules. We hope this will put some of those concerns to bed.

In order to release the Huey and 1.2.4 this week, we ran out of time to include some additional changes/fixes into the installers. On Monday, we PLAN/HOPE to provide a 1.2.4 update with the following:

• Fixed hit point of shells in multiplayer that were independent of turret rotation on the server-side.
• Disabled the incomplete "Ultra High" visibility setting.
• Implemented the waiting screen for the Module Manager.
• Corrected helicopter exhaust effect.
• Fixed damage value for AI aircraft.
• Corrected invisible warehouses.
• Helicopter takeoff from ships corrected.
• Adjusted shell aiming.
• Adjusted infantry weapon accuracy.
• AK-74 assault rifle rate of fire has been corrected.
• Fixed lock ability for non-air defense units.
• Fixed "Emission Control" for radar units.
• Advanced options waypoint that allows air unit to fly to an assigned ground unit.
• Adjusted delay between manual gear changes for CA units.
• Fixed delay after launch of IR-guided missiles.
• Repair after mast bumping is now available.
• Fixed GUI button size errors.
• Fixed synchronization of ground units in network play.

After that, we will evaluate the most important remaining 1.2.4 bugs and do our very best to resolve as many of them as possible in 1.2.5. Work will also accelerate on development of DCS: F-15C and DCS: Su-27. I hope to talk more about those next week.

Matt

looks like I'll have to wait much longer fo any F-18 module however I think I will be interested with the Su-27SM module, it will be an entirely new thing for me to learn as I never played a russian fighter study sim before
There's a mod for falcon called BMS f-18 or something like that. It's a high quality f-18 with fully clickable cockpit. It's very well done.
Old May 3, 2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
There's a mod for falcon called BMS f-18 or something like that. It's a high quality f-18 with fully clickable cockpit. It's very well done.
can you give me a link? I couldn't found it even on BMS forum
Old May 3, 2013, 08:48 PM   #10
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Yeah I will find it, just give me a minute to look.
Old May 3, 2013, 08:56 PM   #11
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Ah jeese my bad, it's a F-16 not the F-18. It's still worth checking out. You do need the original falcon though to install it. But you can find that on any torrent site. Let me know if you still want me to find a download link for it. It's very well done, just not the F-18. I have the file on my harddrive and I think you need to register on the bms website to access the download. I have no idea how I originally got it because I don't seem to be a member on their site.
Old May 6, 2013, 03:21 PM   #12
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
can you give me a link? I couldn't found it even on BMS forum
This may do if you want F-18:

http://www.vrsimulations.com/FA18EFSX.htm

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 03:30 PM   #13
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

I've seen that for FSX, is there any other aircraft to actually engage in combat with or is it just for shooting down cesnas? LOL.

There are some really really cool F-18 sims in the works. Let me try and find this one that blew my mind.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 03:37 PM   #14
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

Silver_Dragon is still being judged by the masses

VEAO Hawk update, other proyect delayed
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...&postcount=878
Quote:
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

We anticipated November but encountered a 3 month delay, so that put's us at around February (anticipated).

That's about as close as I'm going to say right now.

Also having a few legal issues with calling the Hawk a "Hawk" so we might have to change the name. I was thinking "Talula", what do you think?

Chris
Hello mustang yes, put DCS: W news to the comunity
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 04:43 AM   #15
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

VAEO Hawk update. Buscan programador para el AFM

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117276
Quote:
With the advance of the Hawk we are currently looking for an AFM programmer to join the team.

The person must have excellent engineering background knowledge of flight dynamics and be able to code proficiently in C#

Applications should be made by email to [email protected] with a CV or resume of your experience.

Interviews will be held online and a fair selection process will be undertaken.

More details will be given upon receipt of the application.

Many thanks,
Chris.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:08 PM   #16
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan, Mil Mi-17v5 by AVIA (EDGEv3 professional product)
http://youtu.be/w8Q-EOTphG4
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:09 PM   #17
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thanks a bunch Silver_Dragon!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 08:32 AM   #18
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

WW2 update #22

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...4/posts/686163
Quote:
Good morning everyone,

Let's look at a couple of cockpits today.

First, here's the much more complete P-47 cockpit. Not in-engine yet, but getting there.

And then, we're very proud to show a very early work-in-progress of the pinnacle of our kickstarter campaign, the cockpit for the flyable Me.262!

Old Dec 7, 2013, 03:26 PM   #19
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

F-15 AFM update:

Noticias del AFM del F-15C

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117395
Quote:
A little F-15C AFM update - 7 December 2013

We've been hard at work on the new advanced flight model for the F-15C and each day we are getting a little closer. Unlike past AFM projects, this one has been a little different because of the characteristics of the Control Augmentation System (CAS). In particular how yaw, pitch and roll are blended under different flight conditions. In fact, to better help debug the system, we now have the ability to manually toggle each of the three CAS channels off and on (as indicated on the caution and warning panel). The flight characteristic differences are quite dramatic! Before this could happen though, there was a lot of tuning of the center of gravity of the aircraft. This has a huge affect on pitch and takeoff/landing performance. We are now at the stage of tuning the CAS blending to give the DCS Eagle its unique feel based on feedback from our Eagle driver SME and a large number of performance benchmarks. In fact, our F-15 SME had commented that the DCS F-15C has superior flight modeling in many ways to the 3 million dollar trainer. I think many of you will be quite surprised how maneuverable the Eagle can be at slow speeds and high angles of attacks. With the huge rudders, it can perform all sorts of awesome at slow speeds using a lot of rudder input. We've also added separate wheel brake axis this week for the Eagle.

In several ways, this work will act as a foundation for future DCS aircraft AFMs.

As mentioned in an earlier message though, this work has equated to more time and this project will not be ready in time to be released with the 1.2.7 update. However, we think the additional work / time will be well worth the wait.

In regards to AFM, this is how we generally define it:

The aircraft's dynamics are always calculated on the basis of the same physics equations describing translational and rotational motion of a solid body under the influence of external forces and moments disregarding the nature of their origin.

The center-of-gravity can change its location within the speed axis system.

When calculating aerodynamics characteristics, the plane is represented as a combination of airframe components (fuselage, outer wing panel, stabilizer, etc). Separate calculations of aerodynamics characteristics are performed for each of the above named components in the entire range of local angles of attack and sliding (including super-critical), local dynamic pressure and Mach number taking into consideration deviation and grade of destruction of control instruments and some airframe components.

This is the basic definition, but not limited to, what we use to define a DCS aircraft with an AFM. Further detail can be added to include dynamic engine operation, sub-system modeling, fluid dynamics, and damage modeling. None of this must equate to a mouse-clickable cockpit. As such, the definition of an AFM can be a bit broad and encompass products ranging from the the Su-25T to the A-10C.

Matt
Old Dec 8, 2013, 04:26 PM   #20
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I should fire this game up again.

Flight stick is collecting dust .

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2014, 09:06 AM   #21
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

Beczl Mig-21Bis Update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...4&postcount=28
Quote:
Startup and Takeoff demo

http://youtu.be/TDaNALBKgxU
Old Jan 15, 2014, 01:13 PM   #22
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

First Su-27 AFM video
http://youtu.be/F6f71hN2uKQ
Old Jan 18, 2014, 04:20 AM   #23
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

DCS: WW2 update

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...4/posts/723040
Quote:
Good evening gentlemen!

We are finally getting back to business after the long Russian holidays.

As I mentioned in my last update, most of the team members were off from December 31st to January 10th, and the calendar being what it is, most did not get back to work until January 13th.

I have used this time to take some much-needed rest myself, spending lots of time with my children, and finally getting lots of sleep. Normally, I work on Moscow time all the way from California with an 11-hour time difference, starting my workday at 10 PM, then converting to single dad mode by 7 am. That makes eight hours of sleep in a single block, well, something out a fairy tale for me.

Anyway, I thought it would be best to begin 2014 with our most important single task from 2013, the highlight of our kickstarter drive, the cockpit for the Me.262.

Unlike most other team members, the two-man crew working on this pit worked through the holidays. With that kind of a work ethic, coupled with doubling up on projects that are usually made single-handedly, these DCS heroes are doing an amazing job staying ahead of schedule and producing consistently stellar quality work. They make the rest of the tasks look bad in comparison, but of course, the overall number of working hours for their cockpits is about the same as for the others. It’s just they need half the calendar time to do the same amount of work.

That concludes this week’s update. Please stay tuned for more next Friday!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:31 PM   #24
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

Mig-21Bis bad news

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=119362
Quote:
We beczl studio announce with regrets the following bad news in relation with DCS:MiG-21Bis project.

The project is on hold till the unknown date due we are faced of several development problems in general also a very serious disagreement
and financial issues within the team that affect the whole project finalization and future.

That means the finalization of the MiG-21 and publishing as well is freezes until these issues fully clarified. If it is won't possible very soon we must be drop whole project.
So the beczl studios will not and never been publish the DCS:MiG-21Bis. In case we'll be working on the project closure and after the backers will give back their money
as soon as possible.

The method how we can transfer these money's back to our backers will be communicated and available as soon as possible. We will be contact
with each backers individually via mail with the possible solutions in relation about money back transfer.

We willpost details on www.dcs-mig21.com, in our facebook page, and also in this forum thread as well.

Nevertheless, it was a pleasure to working on this project even it is not published and I spent more than two year (with previous version more than four year) for that project from my life.

Through our regular updates, news and videos you can clearly see the DCSW possibilities, how long and hard work need to be a successfully (or unsuccessfully within this context) project. We can experienced how
hard to develop a DCS level planes with a limited 3rd party support, but also met a lot of talented and experienced 3rd party teams who's help each other, share their knowledge that help each party to achieve their goal.

Anyway, we wish to all player, 3rd party group and TFC/ED to a better success with the other possible upcoming DCS planes.

For any furter info, inquery and help you can countact us at [email protected]
Old Jan 19, 2014, 03:25 PM   #25
Fleksta
Radeon R600

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

That's too bad, I was really looking forward to flying that. Hopefully they get things sorted out.
Fleksta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2014, 04:08 PM   #26
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

the mig-21 news has been "deleted" to the ED forums. A false alarm?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 04:53 AM   #27
catso
Radeon R300

catso is still being judged by the masses

If you have an AMD GPU AVOID THIS SIM AT ALL COSTS.

Even reducing graphics settings from ultra high settings and 2560x1600 to 1024x768 and extremely low settings gives the exact same performance.

Expect FPS in the low 20s even with an R9 290x (or 2 in Crossfire). A GTX650 Ti gives higher FPS than my R9 290X.

The developers are claiming excruciatingly poor FPS in this sim on AMD cards is down to AMD ripping out DX9 optimisations since Catalyst 12.XX
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...4&postcount=32

This is strange because FSX is a sim that uses DX9 and in no way a AAA game. Funny how performance on that is just as good or even better than Nvidia equivalent cards.

Very poorly optimised game engine on AMD cards.
catso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:30 AM   #28
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

I thing that can be change with the future EDGE engine integration into DCS: W.

Meanwhile, good news over Mig-21Bis

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...postcount=2767
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

We know you are all concerned. This is a difficult time for us.
It was never our intention for this to go public: as such we were wholly unprepared for the massive task of needing to mitigate damage to the aircraft and team. We are all still very busy with development itself.

We believe we are reasonable people who are working to resolve this in a way that will work for everyone.
Things will be cleared up to some extent as soon as it is possible.

Have faith. Even in the worst case scenario we will make amends. We are commited to DCS, its' future, and the MiG-21.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 09:16 AM   #29
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

Mig-21Bis:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...&postcount=470
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrim View Post
I just gotta ask, if you've actually sorted out your issues within the team, what's up with almost every single YT film of your module still being set to private?

Surely you understand why that isn't exactly incredibly trust inspiring, or why it doesn't make sense? I can hardly imagine there being some complex bureaucratic process behind making YT films public.
The account those videos were posted under is deprecated following the internal structural changes.

The MiG-21 is a completely different aircraft from the time of those videos. Almost every single line of code and every piece of artwork has been replaced or changed in some way.
They are not representative of anything anymore. This of course does not include the latest startup video that was posted.

We will be posting new videos soon.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:41 AM   #30
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

DCS: M1A2?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...24&postcount=1
Quote:
Dear all,

We are looking for detailed information on the M1A2, preferably SEP update, to include:

1- Commander's independent thermal viewer (CITV) with second-generation thermal imager, commander's display for digital colour terrain maps for IVIS.

2- DRS Technologies second-generation GEN II TIS thermal imaging gunner's sight.

3- Inter-Vehicle Information System (IVIS.) The IVIS system allows for the automatic and continual exchange of information between vehicles. By incorporating information provided by an on board Position/Navigation (POSNAV) system, unit commander's can track the location and progress of subordinate elements automatically, without tasking vehicle crews. In addition enemy positions can be identified, plotted and disseminated, while reports and artillery requests can be automatically formatted, transmitted, and processed. Lastly, map graphic control measures and operational orders can be rapidly distributed via the IVIS system.

4- Complete and detailed description of the driver control system and driver's integrated display and thermal management system.

4- Detailed functional description of all commander, gunner and driver control panels.

5- Detailed and complete photography of inside commander, gunner, loader, and driver areas.

- Note, please do not just link to items found on Google. Been there, done that.

If you feel you have unique data that is NOT classified, pleas drop me a PM. We may also be looking for M1A2 SMEs.

Thanks!
Matt