Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:47 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
As for reluctance to hack it, it honestly doesn't matter much anyways. The way the hack software works is you can have a new menu for any uploaded ROMs, and keep all the stock games separate on the main screen if you want. There would just be one folder there to get to the extra games. Also, if you want you can always flash it back to the original kernel then uninstall the hakchi2 software and it will be back to original stock settings. These options are right in the drop down menus.

I honestly had the same concern about hacking it at first but when I saw that it does not do anything permanent and can be 100% reverted to stock I was happy. Yeah you can always just emulate on PC, that's totally valid, but its just nice to have a dedicated little box that is official for Nintendo, works great with no nonsense, and can hook right up to your TV. For me I just love to be able to add all those super expensive SNES games that I'll never afford.
In retrospect I think you're right. Hack the mofo.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 02:49 PM   #272
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2018, 06:16 PM   #273
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
And out of stock again. Seriously, when does this bullshit end?

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 17, 2018, 06:28 PM   #274
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
And out of stock again. Seriously, when does this bullshit end?
Don't worry they come back in stock every week. Everyone should be able to get one now with minimal effort. Just use nowinstock to get text notifications.

I've gotten 3 notifications this week. Two from Amazon and one from Gamestop today.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 08:37 AM   #275
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Don't worry they come back in stock every week. Everyone should be able to get one now with minimal effort. Just use nowinstock to get text notifications.

I've gotten 3 notifications this week. Two from Amazon and one from Gamestop today.
I can try. My job doesn't permit me to take a day off (hell even when you're sick they want you in) to camp in front of a store hoping they get some. Only chances I have are the weekends or after work.

Old Jan 18, 2018, 08:47 AM   #276
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I can try. My job doesn't permit me to take a day off (hell even when you're sick they want you in) to camp in front of a store hoping they get some. Only chances I have are the weekends or after work.
No, the nowinstock.net notifications are for online purchases.

Seriously, I have been getting notifications of it coming back in stock at places like Amazon, and Gamestop's website couple times a week for the past few months. You shouldn't have to go into a brick and mortar location. Just set it up to use the nowinstock text notifications.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 09:19 AM   #277
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I didn't have to camp out to get one, just went to a store on my break. You get breaks right? Call ahead so you don't waste time.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2018, 06:02 PM   #278
Yaboze
Radeon R420

Yaboze can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyYaboze can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Finally got one! I used https://www.istocknow.com/ and got it at a Gamestop. They had 1.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 09:08 AM   #279
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDeathKnight doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDeathKnight doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDeathKnight doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDeathKnight doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDeathKnight doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDeathKnight doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDeathKnight doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDeathKnight doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Subscriber

Got the last one in the case at my local Target this morning. istocknow said they had 1 left so I rolled the dice.
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair H50 | ASRock P67 Pro3 | 4 x 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3 1866 (9-10-9-28) | MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 7 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:55 PM   #280
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Always good to hear more people finding them for MSRP.

Now just waiting on Nintendo to announce the re-release date for the NES Classic.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 01:47 PM   #281
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I didn't have to camp out to get one, just went to a store on my break. You get breaks right? Call ahead so you don't waste time.
Nearest gamestop to where I am is 8 miles away. With our lunchtime traffic I could make it to the store on time, but never make it back before the hour is over.

Old Jan 19, 2018, 02:50 PM   #282
OverclockN'

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Site shows both my local GameStop and Walmart have an SNES classic in stock. Guess I'll stop by after work and see if it's true.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 05:38 PM   #283
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
No, the nowinstock.net notifications are for online purchases.

Seriously, I have been getting notifications of it coming back in stock at places like Amazon, and Gamestop's website couple times a week for the past few months. You shouldn't have to go into a brick and mortar location. Just set it up to use the nowinstock text notifications.
OK signed up for that thingy. Thanks, will give it a try.

Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:10 AM   #284
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
OK signed up for that thingy. Thanks, will give it a try.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll get one eventually.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 09:52 PM   #285
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Local Best Buy had 6 sitting on the shelf
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2018, 08:22 AM   #286
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Finally got one! This was sheer luck and completely random but I was going to the movies at an upscale mall in my city. My girlfriend and I were two hours early so we ate dinner and had some time to kill when I remembered they had a Gamestop. So I figured "meh, worst they can say is they don't have any" and when I walked in I asked the guy at the desk and he said "You are in luck, we have ONE left."

He explained that it was really dumb luck that I was there at that moment for the one they had left because they only get TWO in every 3 weeks and they always sell out on the day of the shipment (which is random). I guess I was just in the right place at the right time. He ask me if I was going to sell it online, I said "Hell no, I'm going to play it!".

Old Jan 26, 2018, 08:45 AM   #287
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Finally got one! This was sheer luck and completely random but I was going to the movies at an upscale mall in my city. My girlfriend and I were two hours early so we ate dinner and had some time to kill when I remembered they had a Gamestop. So I figured "meh, worst they can say is they don't have any" and when I walked in I asked the guy at the desk and he said "You are in luck, we have ONE left."

He explained that it was really dumb luck that I was there at that moment for the one they had left because they only get TWO in every 3 weeks and they always sell out on the day of the shipment (which is random). I guess I was just in the right place at the right time. He ask me if I was going to sell it online, I said "Hell no, I'm going to play it!".
Old Jan 28, 2018, 03:03 AM   #288
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

Saw about 10 of these in my local supermarket for 120 € each. Didn't buy, because I didn't play SNES games when they were new. I'm not sure how the games would feel like without the nostalgia.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 06:43 AM   #289
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lviz View Post
Saw about 10 of these in my local supermarket for 120 € each. Didn't buy, because I didn't play SNES games when they were new. I'm not sure how the games would feel like without the nostalgia.
Nostalgia helps a lot, unless you otherwise like games of that era or current Nintendo games.

However, after replaying Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on my SNES Classic, I went right to playing through Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on the 3DS and it was an overall awesome experience.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your f**king pets are being skinned alive.
Your mom's a f**king whore.
You suck at life.
The whole world hates you.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Pr3tty F1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2018, 09:14 AM   #290
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Nostalgia is the main reason these things exist, for sure.

At the same time though, i believe there's no denying a lot of the SNES games are timeless great games. I do know one guy who never played the SNES as a kid and bought one of these and has been loving it.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 07:30 PM   #291
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lviz View Post
The stock games are fantastic, if you like retro style games or retro games on other systems then you'll love a lot of what's on the SNES classic. I never played these games when the SNES was out either, but did play them via emulation for years.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:29 AM   #292
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Saw one in a Gamespot in Kendall, Miami, $80, the box was damaged.

Also, I picked up my RDS case, will post some pictures later after I unpack my luggage.

EDIT:

here are my cases, from all I've seen on the web these looked as the best ones.

BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | ASUS Strix Geforce GTX1080 8GB @2063/10010Mhz | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z-5500 + CM Storm Sirus | Logitech G105 + Logitech G700S + Gigabyte Krypton | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE + LG DVD-RAM DL | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Charquito (Desktop): Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming GT | Intel Core i7 4790K + Corsair Hydro H100 | Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600 | Dell U2713HM 27" | 2 x XFX Radeon R9-290X Black Edition 4GB Crossfire | Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 + Thermaltake SP-850M | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Last edited by lmchv : Feb 3, 2018 at 06:05 PM.
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote