Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 19, 2018, 03:10 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Kain
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Does iOS 11 have a memory leak?

Ever since I updated to iOS 11 on my iPhone 6s, it appears there is some sort of memory leak happening. Basically, if I open the app-switcher and scroll through the available apps, there is massive stuttering and jerkiness. It gets worse over time till it gets so bad that the phone automatically re-springs. After the re-spring, the phone is smooth as hell, even in the app-switcher. Then, over time (several weeks to a month) things will get progressively worse till it re-springs again randomly. The jerkiness and stuttering is only happening when I scroll through the apps in the app-switcher and not when using the phone normally (such as in apps).

I even went through the pain of completely wiping the phone and restoring it as a new phone with iOS 11.2.1. It was fine for a while and then the iOS 11.2.2 update came around and it is back.

What should I do? For the record, I don't notice the same behavior on my father's iPhone 7 that is also on iOS 11.2.2.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:32 PM   #2
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Probably. Also apps where background activity is turned off seem to still be doing things according to the battery reports in settings.

I've also noticed the opposite where the first time a folder is opened after a restart is very jerky. 11.2.1 and 11.2.2 also dealt with some processor security bugs and this could be a contributing factor.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 05:15 PM   #3
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I think it does, have weird stuttering when typing until reset on a 7+ and mini2
t0adp1p3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad