Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Home Theaters and Photography
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Theaters and Photography Discussion forum for Home Theater enthusiasts and newbies. Also the place to discuss and post your photography ventures and queries.

View Poll Results: Aspect Ratios - do prefer native or stretch to fit?
I prefer images to be displayed in their native aspect ratio. 35 92.11%
I prefer images to be stretched to fill the screen. 3 7.89%
No preference. 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3, 2012, 03:27 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Aspect Ratios - native or stretch to fit?

Curious to know what people think about displaying video which has an aspect ratio which differs from their display.

Roughly speaking, it seems that people gravitate toward two approaches:

1. Stretch image to fit the display (4:3 is stretched horizontally, 2.39:1 is stretched vertically, to fit a 16:9 display)

2. Display all content with native aspect ratio, non-native content viewed either in letterbox or pillarbox.