Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Oct 13, 2005, 01:54 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
eaglehugo

eaglehugo is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation Very Important --- Please Read

In my early post i exposed my problem...
I Just identified ONE very BIG an IMPORTANT PROBLEM...
Just tested my X800Xt PE ...(because of the hal..crash..etc)
She has geting very hot ...so ...90's ...but by ATI the core can take it ...thats true ...but it short's its life ...thats also true ...
But They missed a point ...the standard suply of this borads come without sink or cooling solution to the memorys...dont forget these baby run at 560/1120Mhz... (compare that to the standard ram ... and heat hold capacity )...sure is DDR3 ...but none the less....
Well because of my problem ... i put hand's to work, already spent to much money ...and i had problems still....so...
I tested everithing....
Room temp : 20ºC
CPU : 24ºC (Watercooled)
MB : 30ºC (Not WC)
I put one 120mm FAn Thermaltake 70CFM right in the back of my GPU...
ATI Tool GPU TEMP (stock cooler) idle :32ºC
Placed a thermal sensors in both sides in GPU memory moitorized by Aerogate II so the GPU.....
Started BF2....started pumping ....
...4 mins later
GPU : 65ºC
MEM : 67ºC (cooler side)... ..my aerogate started beeping like crazy ....
73ºC back side ..... DAM.....
I waited ... keep ...pumping ...(chut up aerogate 1st...LOL)
10min
GPU : 81ºC
Mem(cs):79ºC
Mem(bs): 86ºC...
20secs later .....FREEZE........
I turned off imediatly......
BOYS...WE HAVE a PROBLEM .....
These mem's can´t take much of these .... a few day and they are dead....dead mem's ...DEAD CARD.....
I dont believe that this mem's can take 80ºC ... and keep working just fine ...
those screnn corruption out there ....hum...make the test ...
Im cooling my off... waterblock ...and in back side BIG SINK's and a very good airflow.....
Heads up.... those Silencer out there ...myth take care of front mem's ... but and the back one's?????.... remenber you only need one chip going bad and you HAVE a DEAD CARD.....
ATI SHOULD ADVISE PEOPLE.....
Old Oct 13, 2005, 02:20 PM   #2
iTHCi
Rage3D Veteran

iTHCi is still being judged by the masses

Your card shouldn't be hitting those temps. Don't assume that because your card is running that hot that all of them run the same. They don't. Try setting fan to 100% using ATi tool. From my experience these cards run very cool when you have a cool ambient temp and well ventilated case.

Obviously something isn't right w/ yours.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 03:18 PM   #3
eaglehugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTHCi
Your card shouldn't be hitting those temps. Don't assume that because your card is running that hot that all of them run the same. They don't. Try setting fan to 100% using ATi tool. From my experience these cards run very cool when you have a cool ambient temp and well ventilated case.

Obviously something isn't right w/ yours.
Yea ....you right ....
But i didn't said i found the "Holly Graell"(sorry my english ...portuguese)
The did had problems ...dam stupid thing has runing 583 on mem....???? i didnt OC...may be an early bios ....

But none the less...
I recrete (tried) the worst condition ...(The cold start had tha numbers)
I did leave it runing "rthdribl_1_2" for 20 min .....closed and let 10min idle....
then i launch BF2.....and i get the reading's....
I admit tha the temps might not be very acurate .... me aerogate is set to +10ºC ...calibrate...to try conpensate yhose wrong reading's in mi late P4c800-E....

Run the test again clocked it to (520/560)....closed case...120 fan back ...2 x 120 top ....
I get 73/74ºC read out ..... if you take the +10ºC...you get 63ºC....
Didnt frezze....
30min CS:S.....and bom....freeze...reading reached ...76/79ºc...
take the +10ºc...and voilá....
....you thin 69ºC is n nice to DDR3 Ram.....?????? now seriouls ...do it your self......
A lot of people around here gets .... 80/90 in core .... my top is 75ºc...
i'm just warning that people are forgetting that the mem's get hot too....and those are DDR3... their heat suposed to be low.... go and see specs for DDR3 mem's.... and these readout are closer to DDR2 at that speed....
Now what do you think...realy....
Don't believe me ......please ....just research .... do it your self.... and take conclusions ....
I'm just trying to help out people tha has similiar problems to mine ....
And i said i found out 1 (ONE) Proble .....and NOT THE PROBLEM......
....hit 74 re
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 13, 2005, 03:25 PM   #4
eaglehugo

One more thing.....2x80mm hard drive imput fans
one back imput 120mm fan
2 120mm top ...exaust fan....
Bad ventilated case ......right....i believe that....
Old Oct 13, 2005, 03:37 PM   #5
iTHCi
Rage3D Veteran

I wouldn't have said that if i didn't try out a couple of the x800 series. I believe your system is well cooled ( i didn't say it wasn't) from reading this post and your other one. From my experience, having a cool room temperature while moving that air in and warm air out can effect the temperature on components as much as having a bigger fan, or more of them. 85C is not a very healthy max temp, atleast for the long run, and not what i would consider the norm for the x800 pro, or xt. I still have the pro and had an xt.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 04:15 PM   #6
iTHCi
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglehugo
These mem's can´t take much of these .... a few day and they are dead....dead mem's ...DEAD CARD.....
I dont believe that this mem's can take 80ºC ... and keep working just fine ...
those screnn corruption out there ....hum...make the test ...
Im cooling my off... waterblock ...and in back side BIG SINK's and a very good airflow.....
Heads up.... those Silencer out there ...myth take care of front mem's ... but and the back one's?????.... remenber you only need one chip going bad and you HAVE a DEAD CARD.....
ATI SHOULD ADVISE PEOPLE.....
The last part was basically what convinced me to post. Why or what should they advise people of? I know most people are not hitting 80C environment, if i'm understanding your posts correctly. Something else you might be leaving out might explain your unfortunate luck w/ hardware recently. You should be hitting no where near those temps unless you have something very warm right there close to the back of the card. The memory should be running nice and cool, with good airflow and cool room temps.

http://www.radeon2.ru/atitray/
Old Oct 13, 2005, 06:22 PM   #7
eaglehugo

Smile Yep...i know....

I know ....that those temps are high....
like i sayd .... the first test the dam thing, when i used rivatuner to test my room for OC...i must put ok insted off cancel or something ... the mems where 583Mhz.... i soo give me those high temps... but ... reading's.... calibration the sensors +10ºC....
But its true it has arond 60/65 rela external temp ...and that's hight too...
And im sure i'm not the only one
...Just finish install the waterblock... and mem SINks....
now i have (min/max)reported:
Core : 28 / 44 ºC
Mem's(With sensors): 37 / 50ºC
Envirement: 28 / 39ºC

And ....
No changes in drivers what so ever ...
Just played BF2 1h30...followed by CS:S. 1h30....
No freezes ...no hang ... and very nice responsive machine .....
All its nice

But none the less...please some one take some reading's in real life world...like i did not Lab type...and tell what has the read out of the mem's just to know

Whow.... and i just burn in test in 3dmark 05...(before tunning/moding it hang) while i has eating 40 mins run....no issues what so ever ....