Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:34 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
dumb1
Radeon Sea Islands

dumb1 is still being judged by the masses

Default How to convert XVID .AVI file into an SVCD ?

What is the quickest way to convert a 700 meg XVID .avi file into an SVCD without any loss of quality?
Old Jun 5, 2004, 03:09 AM   #2
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

SVCD is by is vary nature a lower quallity format than most xvid's. Plus you would have to re-encode the file so there will be a small loss in quallity(probably not vary noticable though). Also a 700mb AVI is going to be a much larger SVCD(you get about I think 30 min to a single 700Mb CD in SVCD)

Iam pretty sure TMPGenc can encode from a xvid source but I am not sure about that because I have not done it in awhile.

There is also a second problem mind you. Encoding into an Mpeg2 format like SVCD is not free(No one makes a free Mpeg2 encoder). The best you can do semi free and legally is to use the latest TMPGenc Trail.

Hope thats of some help. I don't have much experiance in the area mind you as I never really got into it(Not big on having my rig tied up for hours doing an SVCD or VCD encode)

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited by Trunks0 : Jun 5, 2004 at 03:12 AM.
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2004, 05:33 AM   #3
WiZZ-BanG
Chump

WiZZ-BanG is still being judged by the masses

7www.doom9.org its all there
WiZZ-BanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad