Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 13, 2018, 06:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default Lawrence/Andover MA dozens of explosions

https://www.wcvb.com/article/lawrenc...ation/23120524

This is being constantly updated. Authorities believe it's the result of an over pressurized gas valve in the vicinity which started a crazy chain reaction of exploding homes.

Meteor_Of_War buddy - I know you don't live there but you're close. I hope you aren't involved in any way. Be safe man. I have friends in the Lawrence area - so far many injured, but no deaths reported yet.

Crazy stuff. And we have gas service here.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 07:38 PM   #2
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled with

4 injuries reported only so far

70-100 total fires/explosions all of them or most out by now.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2018, 08:06 PM   #3
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

FFS I thought this **** was safe. That there was safety valves and systems at every house....

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F23 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 14, 2018, 01:58 PM   #4
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete strangerASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete strangerASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete strangerASCI Blue once held a door open for a complete stranger

There are supposedly several safety systems which would have to fail for this to happen.

I suppose if these were all really old places maybe code enforcement missed them or they're grandfathered in.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2018, 05:17 PM   #5
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Meteor_Of_War buddy - I know you don't live there but you're close. I hope you aren't involved in any way. Be safe man. I have friends in the Lawrence area - so far many injured, but no deaths reported yet.
Thanks for thinking of me, we are safe and not near Lawrence. Also the gas company involved (Columbia) is different than what we have (National Grid) so that's somewhat reassuring. I am right now questioning Columbia's safety standards.

My brother however, lives in Salem, NH and he works in Andover which I believe was affected. I'm not sure his company was open for business today.

It was crazy driving home yesterday, I got passed on the highway by no less than 5 fire engines that were heading that way.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2018, 06:55 PM   #6
Android1
Rage3D Veteran

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I am glad to hear that you are all right. The situation over there sounds really bad.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2018, 08:22 PM   #7
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
I am glad to hear that you are all right. The situation over there sounds really bad.
+1! Glad you're ok man. I'm trying to get a hold of some folks I know working for Columbia gas and see if there's any info to be had. I have gas at my house lol and just don't want to get blown up.

Now that the feds and Nstar are running the investigation, hopefully something will come out that will help avoid this repeating itself. One dead and 24 injured was the last count I heard, and that's one and 24 too many.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 09:02 AM   #8
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
+1! Glad you're ok man. I'm trying to get a hold of some folks I know working for Columbia gas and see if there's any info to be had. I have gas at my house lol and just don't want to get blown up.

Now that the feds and Nstar are running the investigation, hopefully something will come out that will help avoid this repeating itself. One dead and 24 injured was the last count I heard, and that's one and 24 too many.
Yeah, as terrible as it is I think one good thing is when something like this happens it prompts all utility companies to assess their safety protocols.

Hopefully going forward this tragedy will just force better regulations and make things safer to avoid happening again.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:56 PM   #9
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Reports are that the gas company was in the process of overhauling some areas. My guess is that they over-pressurized the lines, the older valves couldn't handle it and started leaking.

Whether that was an intentional pressure change or someone just opened the valve too quickly and "whoomped" things will be interesting to find out. Either way, someone wasn't thinking things through thoroughly.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote