Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 15, 2016, 07:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Default Anyone play Star Trek Timelines?

As per title.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2016, 07:47 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

no people only play pokemon go
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:54 AM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Only four countries have official access to it so...

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:23 AM   #4
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

still not officially available in the store over here. After reading the reviews i'm also not too keen to try it out...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2017, 04:08 AM   #5
Zero
Sass hole

So I've been playing this game for over a year. Anyone try it out?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Oct 23, 2017, 04:38 AM   #6
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Still got very mixed reviews, especially the support seems to horrible. At least it's now officially available over here ^^ Too many ingame purchases for my taste, but that may differ from player to player i guess. For the sake of curiosity i might try it.

After one year you might tell us something more in-depth about the app?

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:05 PM   #7
Zero
Sass hole

Hmm it's essentially a card collecting game. I don't really know why I've played it for so long but I did join one of the top fleets (I'm actually one of their officers) so that certainly helped.

There's not a whole lot of skill based activities in the game. There's a pretty basic semi turn based ship PvP. Events are somewhat skill based in the sense that there's a strategic way to use your resources and paid resources to get the best rank.

But it's mostly about collecting and leveling the cards.

Edit: bit more detail. The main mechanic is collect cards (characters from ST universe). Cards have different traits and skills (examples: Captain Kirk has the Captain trait and command skill). Cards have different rarities and rarer cards have higher skill values. Use different cards to unlock story missions, use them to crew ships for PvP, send them on timed missions that give rewards, and use them events every week.

The in app purchases are the main draw. Every week they release an event with the chance to obtain the highest rarity card. You can pay outright to get the cards for the event or compete to get them for free. You compete with other players to gain rank. Higher rank = higher reward. Top1k get 1 copy of the highest rarity card. Right now we're in the last week of a mega event where every week has been Star Trek Discovery crew. In app purchases seem high priced for players who haven't tried this sort of game before, but are relatively low with a high chance of getting the top rarity card compared to other collecting games.

There's one main currency that's paid, there's a $5 monthly pas that gives you a decent amount every day. Enough to give you a pull on the event every week. It's not really required to be used in the game and free to play players can still get quite far. We have F2P players ranking Top100 in events some times.

You mentioned support, not sure what you mean (like supported device or customer support). For devices I've played this game on a bunch of different devices and emulators, works pretty reliably on all of them. For customer support, I generally haven't had any issue with them and have sent TONS of tickets. The game can be a bit buggy when updates come out but nothing adversely game breaking has happened. Generally I bug support about the game being unfair and not giving resources I should've gotten or something small like that. They take a day or two to get back to you which is better than other similar games, in my experience.

Ask me if you have any other questions. Otherwise check it out if you're a fan of the franchise.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"

Last edited by Zero : Oct 23, 2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 01:45 AM   #8
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

first off, thx for the detailed review. As for the bad rep, it's mostly about bad/horrible (customer) support, game crashing all the time and as you've already mentioned the strangely high cost in app purchases. As a fan of the franchise i'll check it out myself.

Old Oct 24, 2017, 05:07 AM   #9
Zero
Sass hole

Hmm weird. I've heard of other players not getting what they want from support but in general if you're polite and reasonable, you shouldn't have any issue. I think support is pretty great for this game actually. I play another gatcha game (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius) and their support by comparison is infuriating and useless.

As for stability, I basically run this game 24/7 on emu. Have not seen a crash in more than a year. There used to be a mechanic that allowed you to cycle through different devices and run ads on each one repeatedly to get game resources and items. I did that for months and none of the real or emulated devices ever had stability problems. So dunno what reviewers might be talking about.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Oct 24, 2017, 05:51 AM   #10
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

well, i can't tell from own experience, just reading through the comments on the playstore for example.