Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:42 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
efin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

efin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Facebook timelines

Well, even as a person who is really not into social networking, I think this actually sounds pretty cool:

Facebook unveiled a new version of its website on Thursday that's based around the idea of a personal "timeline" rather than its standard profile pages.

"Timeline is a completely new aesthetic for Facebook," CEO Mark Zuckerberg said at the social network's annual conference in San Francisco.

The pages look more like blogs than a social-networking site. A large photo covers the top of the pages, stretching from one side of the screen to the other. And posts -- like photos, status updates and the locations a person visits -- show up below that, attached to a vertical and chronological timeline.

"We think it's an important next step to help you tell the story of your life," he said.

Source: http://www.wmur.com/technology/29268542/detail.html
efin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks neat. Too bad it's rolling out over the next few months.

Mine won't be much since I completely delete my years long FB and start a brand new one last month. Throw a wrench in their plans. muahahahha
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:57 PM   #3
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

Still sounds like nothing I want to be a part of. <--- no FB account here and no plans to ever have one
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 22, 2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone View Post
Still sounds like nothing I want to be a part of. <--- no FB account here and no plans to ever have one
Good for you.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Choice is great no?
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's an interesting idea but I think it sounds kind of useless.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 03:20 PM   #7
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I'm proud of you, bro.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:15 AM   #8
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Seriously, R3D has the weirdest bunch of people. Demonstrating power over women is cool, getting run over women is common and not making a facebook account gets a cool story, bro compliment...

I have a facebook account I visit every 6 months. It functions well for pinging people whom I am not going to be seeing regularly. For that purpose alone it has limited use.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:19 AM   #9
efin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

efin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Ayehearya. I'm pretty much exactly the same way with FB. Thought this timeline thing sounded kinda neat, though.
efin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:01 AM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's scrapbooking.... For Facebook...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote