Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:19 PM   #6121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkz0r View Post
I just bought it (I know, how late) and it seems it's like RTCW:ET...if you run around reviving people like mad and sometimes use the GL where you know someone is probably camping, you get MAD POINTZ.

I almost hit 10k points in a match and I'm level 5, everyone near my score was uber leveled...

So few people play for objectives, so annoying...all people wanna do is spawn camp.
I always go around their team to get flags/plant spawn beacons, I hope to find some good mates to play with..too bad I'm in SA, most of my friends are not playing this ;(

Sometimes I don't know wtf happens but the game stutters, most of the time I'm dead when it starts...seems to me it leaks memory bad. I might upgrade to 8GB, I guess most modern games are memory hogs... (I'm pretty sure it's not video lag, 2x 460 and using high/not much AA etc settings, nothing on ultra)
I have seen 70,000 with bonuses, Crazy.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:21 PM   #6122
fivefeet8
Radeon R200

fivefeet8 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Sometimes I don't know wtf happens but the game stutters, most of the time I'm dead when it starts...seems to me it leaks memory bad. I might upgrade to 8GB, I guess most modern games are memory hogs... (I'm pretty sure it's not video lag, 2x 460 and using high/not much AA etc settings, nothing on ultra)
The game loves lots of ram. I went from 4 GB to 8 GB and it made quite a difference.
fivefeet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:26 PM   #6123
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I just bought it (I know, how late) and it seems it's like RTCW:ET...if you run around reviving people like mad and sometimes use the GL where you know someone is probably camping, you get MAD POINTZ.

I almost hit 10k points in a match and I'm level 5, everyone near my score was uber leveled...

So few people play for objectives, so annoying...all people wanna do is spawn camp.
I always go around their team to get flags/plant spawn beacons, I hope to find some good mates to play with..too bad I'm in SA, most of my friends are not playing this ;(

that is the reason i havent touched the game in a while, it gets pretty frustrating.
also as stated above, 4gb of ram will give you stutters, i run with 6gb and i get none, but 8 is probably optimal
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:28 PM   #6124
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
that is the reason i havent touched the game in a while, it gets pretty frustrating.
also as stated above, 4gb of ram will give you stutters, i run with 6gb and i get none, but 8 is probably optimal
Most of the time you guys just have to play as one man wrecking crews the team play sucks compared to BC2 I will agree..
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:17 PM   #6125
2001ppj
XeoNexus

2001ppj is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

No stuttering here with 4gb, unless I put textures to ultra.
2001ppj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:35 PM   #6126
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad2owns View Post
I have seen 70,000 with bonuses, Crazy.
I managed to hit 22k without bonuses in one game, 124-7 I went. I forgot how much I had with the bonuses tho.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:10 AM   #6127
Sherv
Radeon R600

Sherv is still being judged by the masses

I had to upgrade from 4GB to 8GB RAM as i was playing with everything at ultra.
Asus Maximus VI Hero
AMD Radeon Sapphire Tri-X Crossfire R290x
Samsung 840 evo 500GB & 250GB
Sherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:42 AM   #6128
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Done with the game for now. Every game I join it's excessively unbalanced. One team is always destroying another and it's impossible most of the time to turn the tide yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 02:31 PM   #6129
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
Done with the game for now. Every game I join it's excessively unbalanced. One team is always destroying another and it's impossible most of the time to turn the tide yourself.
Whats your user Tag add me.
We will tag team the bitches.
Better yet add Xplode he is a freakin mad house, really.
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:26 PM   #6130
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Alientank is my tag. Add me if bitches wanna play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:31 PM   #6131
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

I have been beating the piss out of people lately Add me or join me ingame if you want to:

wondersquirrel1

Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:37 AM   #6132
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
I have been beating the piss out of people lately Add me or join me ingame if you want to:

wondersquirrel1

added
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:32 AM   #6134
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case_Sensitive View Post
lol i'm the total opposite. I cannot buy a kill in that game.
As much as I hate to play sniper class, I usually get the best K/D with it. Other classes I hover around 1 K/D and frankly, they are more fun.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 09:54 AM   #6135
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case_Sensitive View Post
lol i'm the total opposite. I cannot buy a kill in that game.
I'd suggest playing the assault class and using the M16A3/ 4 with a bipod and 6x scope. Use the single shot mode primarily and burst fire mode in close quarters.

Always use, or be in a squad with someone else using the squad suppression specialization. Try to get into a squad where everyone is using a different specialization too. I dnt know why but people hardly ever do this.

A couple tips for you if you prefer the recon class:
Don't stop moving. Moving targets are always harder to hit. The scope glint gives away your position when you try to be stealthy anyways so dont be worried that the enemy can see you running around, just engage them at a longer distance.

Find some cover that you can step behind. Step out looking through the scope, and back in without lowering your rifle. When you see someone, step out, hit shift to steady the rifle, take a single shot, and step back behind the cover.

I used to hate the bolt action rifles but since I started playing like that the load time doesn't matter. Use the straight pull bolt, when you step in behind cover, you chamber the next bullet without letting the rifle down, then step out, grease the schmuck whos laying down stationary and step back in and the next round is chambered.

Use the soflam even on maps with no vehicles. From a distance the soflam looks like a person with red laser site when pointed at them, so set it up somewhere and then move a short distance away. When someone sees the red glint, they will fire on it. By the time they realized its a deoy you should have already killed them.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:24 PM   #6136
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

bf3 is the first bf game I've played an even spread across all classes, Although I stlll think engi is my main class I find the rest almost as satisfying. I try to fill a role our team or squad needs. Gulf of Oman is amazing in BF3.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 06:32 PM   #6137
wonder squirrel
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
bf3 is the first bf game I've played an even spread across all classes, Although I stlll think engi is my main class I find the rest almost as satisfying. I try to fill a role our team or squad needs. Gulf of Oman is amazing in BF3.
I havent played the engineering class much. The rpg is good for a laugh, but I've not tried much else.
I also dont do well in the support class except with the mortar. I love killing orange triangles
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:00 AM   #6138
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

How much ram is the game using up for you guys. I notice my system ram usage goes up to as high as 8gigs when I'm playing

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:07 AM   #6139
PowerK
Gamer

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
How much ram is the game using up for you guys. I notice my system ram usage goes up to as high as 8gigs when I'm playing
Whoa! 8GB?!?
Last time I played (early December 2011), RAM usage hovered around 4GB.
PowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:23 AM   #6140
Sherv
Radeon R600

Sherv is still being judged by the masses

With 8GB RAM, bf3 on my PC uses about 6.8GB.
Asus Maximus VI Hero
AMD Radeon Sapphire Tri-X Crossfire R290x
Samsung 840 evo 500GB & 250GB
Sherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:31 PM   #6141
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

I have never seen BF3 use more than 1.5 gigs ram, total system is around 3.4 - 3.7 gig 64 bit w7.
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:18 PM   #6142
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It depends on your settings, eg the textures and geometry are the big ones IIRC. I have most things on med, few on high. It's using pretty much all my 4gb, I need moar ram.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:19 PM   #6143
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

I set everything to high and the most it used was 1.650 gig thats all and still had less than 4 gig system.
played a few games this way.
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:20 PM   #6144
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I checked today as well.. 2 gigs being used.. I had 5 more gigs free so its got plenty of headroom. Maybe it takes more system memory when you dont have enough video memory. I have a 2gb 6970.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:57 PM   #6145
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

BF3 is exactly what is was meant to be.

Edit: Someone deleted their post

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:31 PM   #6146
McCrash
Radeon R520

McCrash is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs down

BF3 is nothing but a hack-fest. Waste of money.
McCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:52 PM   #6147
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
This game is not natively 64bit. So it won't use more then 2gigs of ram itself. However, if you are using about 2 gigs of ram just at desktop then you need at least 8gigs of ram. If not, then 4 gigs are enough.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:16 PM   #6148
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrash View Post
BF3 is nothing but a hack-fest. Waste of money.
Haven't seen a hacker in a month+
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:31 PM   #6149
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECH1 View Post
This game is not natively 64bit. So it won't use more then 2gigs of ram itself. However, if you are using about 2 gigs of ram just at desktop then you need at least 8gigs of ram. If not, then 4 gigs are enough.
You are not correct. BF3 uses 4 gigs of ram on my 12 gig ram system. I had to replace some memory that was bad, so I ran 6 gigs for a short time, and it still used over 3gigs of ram.

However, I run at 5760 X 1080, nearly everything on ultra with crossfired 7970s and it is very possible that is why.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:59 PM   #6150
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Haven't seen a hacker in a month+
+1. But soon as someone starts doing remotely well, they are "hacking"
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote