Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:11 AM   #4621
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
+1
+2

This is not needed here, it's a Battlefield 3 thread, not a windows versions discussion thread.

So back on topic,

They really need to nerf the AA guns or something, I find jets to be useless in this game, as everything is stacked against them. Even with the perks (flares, stealth, etc.) you are locked on by 20 stingers and AA guns right from takeoff, and pretty much spend the whole time running away from people instead of effectively bombing targets. I feel like they made the jets very unrealistic to balance them, but left all the anti-air items pretty close to realistic, which creates a huge balancing issue.
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded

Last edited by Rifle_shot : Nov 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM.
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 01:06 AM   #4622
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle_shot View Post
+2

This is not needed here, it's a Battlefield 3 thread, not a windows versions discussion thread.

So back on topic,

They really need to nerf the AA guns or something, I find jets to be useless in this game, as everything is stacked against them. Even with the perks (flares, stealth, etc.) you are locked on by 20 stingers and AA guns right from takeoff, and pretty much spend the whole time running away from people instead of effectively bombing targets. I feel like they made the jets very unrealistic to balance them, but left all the anti-air items pretty close to realistic, which creates a huge balancing issue.
I think the biggest issue with that is that people never take out the damn AA. I've seen AA guys sit in the same spot an entire round without getting touched.

I can't even count how many times I've gotten shot down by AA, got frustrated, equipped Support, located them (same spot they were 10 mins ago...), then C4'd them to hell.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 01:07 AM   #4623
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I can manage the locked on rockets. There are ways of not only avoiding them, but having all those people worried about jets waste their time when they could be fighting.

I will agree on one thing with AA however, and that's mobile AA. Those things are terrible. One guy gets in and finds a hill on the side of the map and uses the guns throughout the whole match to constantly shoot down aircraft, and there is little to no defense whatsoever. Even if you somehow sneak up on them with a jet or helicopter, you can't take out the mobile AA with a single volley. It's ridiculous how over powered mobile AA is.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 9, 2011, 01:29 AM   #4624
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

forget about flying on Caspian conquest, you can really rape though with jets on rush maps though. what i do is use the rocket pods. you can can dive bomb, release all 14 missiles on target, and then switch to the minigun quickly and blow up the tanks/floating tank thing; plus on rush maps there usually is no AA guns, and only one other enemy jet to worry about. also equipped stealth and flares...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 02:47 AM   #4625
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

With the mobile AA, if they merely hit the choppers even once, the thing gets tipped sideways, from that point on its pretty likely you are going to crash.

On the stingers, its actually pretty easy (and funny) to try and force a pilot to crash. Just find a high spot, lock onto them with the stinger and just wait, if they are a decent pilot they will probably wiggle out of it, however I played a game yesterday and did just that and I must have caused maybe 6-7 pilots to crash or eject then crash doing that.

Last edited by {0}Salamander{0} : Nov 9, 2011 at 02:51 AM.
{0}Salamander{0} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 03:05 AM   #4626
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
With the mobile AA, if they merely hit the choppers even once, the thing gets tipped sideways, from that point on its pretty likely you are going to crash.

On the stingers, its actually pretty easy (and funny) to try and force a pilot to crash. Just find a high spot, lock onto them with the stinger and just wait, if they are a decent pilot they will probably wiggle out of it, however I played a game yesterday and did just that and I must have caused maybe 6-7 pilots to crash or eject then crash doing that.
That's highly amusing.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 04:21 AM   #4627
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
+2

So back on topic,

They should not touch the mobile aa, they are already going to nerf the stingers, so there will be no engineers with anti-air in the next patch.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 07:28 AM   #4628
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I don't think they need to nerf the stingers as such. Making the jets faster would help them evade locks and targetting etc.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 07:47 AM   #4629
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

The flying in this game really sucks. I hate getting stuck on the low ceilings and the mobile aa will totally destroy my jet in 1.5 seconds with no chance for recovery. I can't go high enough to avoid it and if I'm low the mobile AA can sit near their spawn and overlook the whole map. I'm not asking for Jets or helos to be overpowered, just to have a chance. I'd at least like a way to electronically spot the mobile aa so it shows up so I can attack it or let me look around from the freaking cockpit without it locking up my controls, then I might actually be able to see instead of being stuck in the chase view or the narrow front view and have no chance to spot something and line up a shot.

At least with another jet it's somewhat skill vs skill, but against the mobile aa it's a turkey shoot and I'm the turkey.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 07:57 AM   #4630
compunoob
Computer Bonehead

compunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird sings

I have a really frustrating problem. I have all settings on low. When I walk around and try and turn and such it seems like its all a bit behind what is happening on the screen. I will stop and my char keeps going. I try to turn and it doesnt happen until a few seconds later. Just wondering if its my internet connection or the game.
compunoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 08:51 AM   #4631
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Are there many jet/heli addon's which will help the pilots when they start getting more bonuses? Maybe the AA seems too powerful because the first initial loadouts are just too basic? Will pilots get Air-to-ground missiles/bombs at some point? I just got heatseeker and it helps taking down other fighters, but attacking ground targets is still a pain.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:08 AM   #4632
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Anyone else having problems with origin constantly crashing? I had to set it to save login/ password because it crashed so often (probably 50 times). I also get some kind of Java crash. While playing the game, it opens the game in a window on the desktop that I have to constantly click to reopen to play the game.

I also get an error when adding Darp Preacher to frinds list saying he has too many friends Knucklehead
Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:11 AM   #4633
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

The AA tank is just insane. Unless you manage to sneak up on it somehow or the gunner is retarded, you are pretty much dead. You can't even try to kill it in a chopper if it is shooting at you as you'll be too busy trying not to crash to be able to shoot it.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:15 AM   #4634
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

What weapons lock onto helis/ jets? All I have is some bazooka that shoots a straight shot and always missing?

How do some people kill me with a single shot while I'm in a tank? Is there a particular place on the tank to aim for? Or do they have much stronger weapons?

Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:21 AM   #4635
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

In my experience you can't kill a tank in one shot, it takes 3 - 4 rockets. You get a SAM as one of the early unlocks for the Engineer class.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:43 AM   #4636
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

While in a tank, I have been taken out from behind () by a single rocket or something that did not give a lock warning...
Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:57 AM   #4637
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
While in a tank, I have been taken out from behind () by a single rocket or something that did not give a lock warning...
are you sure you didn't run over a mine?

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:58 AM   #4638
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Are there many jet/heli addon's which will help the pilots when they start getting more bonuses? Maybe the AA seems too powerful because the first initial loadouts are just too basic? Will pilots get Air-to-ground missiles/bombs at some point? I just got heatseeker and it helps taking down other fighters, but attacking ground targets is still a pain.
For a new pilot it's near impossible... I barely got 300 points for IR Flares after countless death/respawns.

The thing is, I can dogfight pretty well and really enjoy it, but if I don't shoot a plane down 30 seconds after spawning, I'm toast.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:04 AM   #4639
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
are you sure you didn't run over a mine?
I mine a lot and I know mines. It takes 2 to disable and 3 to blow it. I've started putting all 3 down on top of each other to actually get kills that way.
And.. I hear the launching rocket coming at me, think "I'll give him a couple hit while I finish what else I was doing", then boom. Dead. I have disabled a tank with a single shot to the back, but never straight to destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
For a new pilot it's near impossible... I barely got 300 points for IR Flares after countless death/respawns.

The thing is, I can dogfight pretty well and really enjoy it, but if I don't shoot a plane down 30 seconds after spawning, I'm toast.

I love taking down a plane with the main guns, but it is a rarity to get to even try..
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:17 AM   #4640
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
You get rocket pods and guided rockets at some point, but these will typically only disable a tank and not kill it. There are no bombs. You do get radar improvements that take the place of your mini map.

Here's what I'd like as a pilot. Instant reset of flares, but maybe limited to 10 uses, ability to actually use the free look view to spot ground targets without locking up the controls, higher ceilings and wider flyable map area that allow for attacks out of the sun or from a more stand off distance, having a weapon that will actually kill a tank, but perhaps a longer reload time or limited use, Ability to land and rearm/repair if there are limited use items. Probably not going to happen, but I can dream right?
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:47 AM   #4641
Fricfrac
Pain Train Productions

Fricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
You get rocket pods and guided rockets at some point, but these will typically only disable a tank and not kill it. There are no bombs. You do get radar improvements that take the place of your mini map.

Here's what I'd like as a pilot. Instant reset of flares, but maybe limited to 10 uses, ability to actually use the free look view to spot ground targets without locking up the controls, higher ceilings and wider flyable map area that allow for attacks out of the sun or from a more stand off distance, having a weapon that will actually kill a tank, but perhaps a longer reload time or limited use, Ability to land and rearm/repair if there are limited use items. Probably not going to happen, but I can dream right?
If you standoff at range, you can usually unload two rocket salvos (or more) at your target. The second salvo usually hits within seconds of the "Vehicle Disabled" popup and you can get the kill. Kind of like sniping I guess you could say and has felt OP at times. However, jets usually keep you honest and if there are good pilots on the other side, it is a difficult to "snipe" with your rockets (you'll be constantly juking).

On Operation Firestorm, I've found this to be the best tactic against the AA that parks out in "no mans land" or near the mountain. Or as SoCal mentioned, C4 their ass to hell or have a tank buddy throw some 120mm down their pipe.
Fricfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:53 AM   #4642
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

As of now, I'm fine with the way aircraft works. But not in how the mobile AA works. Something first needs to be done with that. After that, I'll better be able to assess what changes should be made to the aircraft.

But as of now,

MOBILE AA IS OP!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:00 AM   #4643
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
As of now, I'm fine with the way aircraft works. But not in how the mobile AA works. Something first needs to be done with that. After that, I'll better be able to assess what changes should be made to the aircraft.

But as of now,

MOBILE AA IS OP!
I played mobile AA on a caspian sea on the tr3d server the other day and two jets would strafe me as soon as I got out to shoot at them. I couldn't actually take them down between the super-fast flares, stealth causing lock on to take ages, and the fact they were often well out of range until they snuck up behind me with 4,000 rockets.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:22 AM   #4644
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

And we all know what happen if the "op" AA is going to be nerfed: DICE will go overboard as usual and the airplanes will be back to being hidously OP again.

I remember the time when you could bring down a Messerschmitt by shooting at it with a BAR rifle. How's that for OP? And yet no one complained.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:33 AM   #4645
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

On that note I took out my first a10 with a main shell shot from my t90 yesterday, he was way the hell up came down in a loop and I nailed him. Was awesome!
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:05 PM   #4646
mavman
True North

mavman is still being judged by the masses

Stingers are fine, it is a pretty good game to try and time lock-on against flares. Plus it is awesome to see how they try to recover afterwards! As a pilot, anti-air missiles are easy to avoid, too many pilots "blow their load" lol flares, too early. Just count to 3 after hard lock and bank hard - stingers never get me.

In terms of mobile AA, the cannon is only usefull against choppers -> jets move too fast and you only get a shot at them if they do something stupid. The mobile AA missile is no better than the stinger.

I don't know why they need to nerf anything, just learn how they work and have fun. If they are going to nerf the stingers - what is the point of having them then....you will need 3+ hits to bring something down then...which is never gonna happen unless a noob is flying.
mavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:16 PM   #4647
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

the AA can take down planes, you have to lead them a lot..
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:48 PM   #4648
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Yeah there is a certain distance that planes get that pretty much guarantees they're dead. I racked up a ton of kills because idiot pilots kept flying into my team's airspace... then a few tried coming right at me which means insta-death for them.

The guided rocket is pretty useless though, by the time they are close enough to use it you might as well just use guns.

Sidenote: I love the thermal vision in the anti-air.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 01:13 PM   #4649
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
I use regular stereo headphones and Dolby Headphone for surround. Works great.
just tried this out using the dolby headphone option in my xonar settings.. works fn great..

tnx for the tip.
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 01:35 PM   #4650
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post
just tried this out using the dolby headphone option in my xonar settings.. works fn great..

tnx for the tip.
I don't remember if this is actually an option in BF3, but Dolby Headphones generally works best when it is fed an actual 5.1 signal instead of just stereo sound. So if you have DH on and you can set the game to output 5.1 instead of stereo (or the headphones setting), it should provide even better results.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote