Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 17, 2018, 03:30 AM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
Lets talk stupid

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Enjoying it. But also spending time in FH4 and BLOPS4. I am tempted to not pick up RDR2 unless I finish this because otherwise this will get backlogged to hell.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2018, 09:56 AM   #302
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

48 hours in and Im the very last bad guy and halfway through the story about the father.

The amount of side missions is mind boggling. I'll probably finish up the main quests and knock off a few more side missions but I dont see me getting all of them... there are just way too many. I may finish more than usual though waiting for RDR to come out. There are a few places I havent been to yet as well. I am glad I did a lot of exploring before going through story missions cause when I decided I wanted to do some of them I could just fast travel to most of the destinations. Saved a ton of time there.

Some of the story choices Ive made were probably poor Im going to have to youtube a lot of the choices I didnt make

As for having sexual relations with people I still feel like they threw that in to entice people. It literally has no bearing on the game(except for maybe 1 mission Id come across) I have had sex with no less than 10 people and turned down a few more and there are still tons more side missions to finish.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2018, 03:39 PM   #303
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The side mission where you have to retrieve the sword and shield.... My choices made me at the end
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 17, 2018, 03:52 PM   #304
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I saved the epic helmet you get from that mission. Only purple I saved

Old Oct 18, 2018, 02:57 PM   #305
YellowBeard
is not amused.

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Kinda wish that they'd keep everything same level as you. Little annoying when there's entire islands I haven't been to yet that are now perma 2 levels below me. Kills the incentive to visit when I know I'm just gonna be getting under leveled gear.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2018, 05:45 PM   #306
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Kinda wish that they'd keep everything same level as you. Little annoying when there's entire islands I haven't been to yet that are now perma 2 levels below me. Kills the incentive to visit when I know I'm just gonna be getting under leveled gear.
If they did that it would have to work both ways. You would be able to go to any part of the map right when you start the game if that were the case. The levels are the way they lock you into a certain region(even though you can go to other parts youll just get instakilled) and slow progression.

On another note I finished all the main quest stuff (mother and father stuff) It took me 51 hours doing a bunch of the side stuff. Make no mistake this game is one of those games where you get good dollar to play time ratio. There are a ton of side missions I havent done yet and a few islands I didnt have to go to. Probably like 60-70 hours to 100% this if youre a completionist.

Old Oct 18, 2018, 07:33 PM   #307
YellowBeard
is not amused.

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
If they did that it would have to work both ways. You would be able to go to any part of the map right when you start the game if that were the case. The levels are the way they lock you into a certain region(even though you can go to other parts youll just get instakilled) and slow progression.
Huh? Why would the higher level zones need to drop their brackets? I'm just talking about keeping lower level zones on par with your level when you get too high for them. i.e. Keeping the starter zone your level opposed to the 2 levels below you that it does. As of right now, I haven't even done a quest in Athen's and I'm already out of the top end of it's given bracket, I'm 20 and it's top end is 19, as I like to explore. Would just be nice to get gear my level rather than mostly 2 levels below me as I do a bunch of these side quests, etc. I'm fine with stuff being too high of a level, it's just odd that I'm now overleveling main quest areas. Guess I have to just get used to getting gear under my level while I play the game.

Old Oct 18, 2018, 09:44 PM   #308
KAC
Lets talk stupid

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You do know you can upgrade any gear right?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:53 PM   #309
YellowBeard
is not amused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You do know you can upgrade any gear right?
Yeah, I'm also saving upgrade materials for later as it's gonna cost a pretty penny to upgrade legendaries to higher levels as it seems I'm leveling fairly fast. I'm just gonna keep putzing for the time being. It's not killer, would just be nice to not have that gap. At some point things will catch up.

Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:56 AM   #310
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Megaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Finished Ass Creed Origins. Was about to start this and then realized I still have the DLC to do

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:11 PM   #311
KAC
Lets talk stupid

Yesterday I put a good 5-6 hours in this and hit level 24. Did some priest stuff to try and find my mother.

Finally got the rhythm of parry and game has become a bit easy now. I hate the box controller. I don’t even know why I bought RDR2 on the box.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 07:49 PM   #312
jimjobob
Radeon Sea Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Yesterday I put a good 5-6 hours in this and hit level 24. Did some priest stuff to try and find my mother.

Finally got the rhythm of parry and game has become a bit easy now. I hate the box controller. I don’t even know why I bought RDR2 on the box.
Because it's the best console for multiplatform games atm?
Get an Elite controller. It's a big improvement.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2018, 06:22 PM   #313
YellowBeard
is not amused.

Man, I wish tamed animals follow you on your ship. Had a tamed alpha lion for a bit today that was pretty great. Also, love that there's spoilers in the item text for some things. Got the Kult of Kosmos crew skin during a wreck dive and it's got stuff in the text that I shouldn't know about yet. Also doesn't help that Twitch of all things spoilered another bit for me just by having a damn thumbnail on the front page. (Knowing who the head of the Kult is this early is kinda a bummer.) Ahhh, well. Still having lots of fun with it and got damn is the world huge.

Old Oct 23, 2018, 09:43 PM   #314
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

Gay!

Nothing wrong with the X1X controllers!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2018, 09:45 PM   #315
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Because it's the best console for multiplatform games atm?
Get an Elite controller. It's a big improvement.
I would stay away from the Elite unless they come out with a newly designed one without all the problems, I like my Elite controller other then it does have all the problems people talk about. My sticks on the Elite now have drift. Funny that the standard controllers dont suffer from this.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2018, 01:23 AM   #316
KAC
Lets talk stupid

Man this game is like dope. Finished episode 6 last night. Every time I think I am not enjoying it I end up spending 4-5 hours on it.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 09:51 AM   #317
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Man this game is like dope. Finished episode 6 last night. Every time I think I am not enjoying it I end up spending 4-5 hours on it.
So true.... it's like gaming crack.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2018, 05:55 AM   #318
KAC
Lets talk stupid

Back to some Ass Creed. Looks like my bitch doesn’t get much action except killing idiots. Btw why is everyone in Greece black? I thought Greek bitches were white? Wtf? Looks like they force fit the Egyptians on this game. Should’ve at least fix the color palette.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:38 AM   #319
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So, can you kills the leader of the kosmos kult whenever you feel like doing it or do you have to wait until the game lets you do it?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2018, 05:21 PM   #320
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
So, can you kills the leader of the kosmos kult whenever you feel like doing it or do you have to wait until the game lets you do it?
I think anytime after a certain part of the story The end of the mommy story cause you need to kill diemos to get to the cult leader . You need to kill all other cultist first though.

Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:15 PM   #321
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Just over 30hrs into this and still loving it.The areas are just beautiful and detailed.

The only thing I wish is that the city areas had more things to do in them. I know there are lots of missions, but why aren't there stables, or fight tournaments, or mini-games, or races, or puzzles, or something to break the standard?

Even the tombs are sadly pretty bland. Nothing much more than a few floor traps and a snake around every corner.

Love the forts. Some of them are huge and it's so much fun to stealth through with assassination + predator shot. 98% of guys I can one shot stab and the others I usually just soften up from where they can't see me. Most of the cult members are easily killed. One guy was in the middle of a bustling city and so I just climbed up high and sniped him. The guards spread out searching and I just confirmed the kill.

The main story is reasonably good and I just saw Phoibe die which made me sad. Also just met my mother, which is nice. I really hope that the story ends with the family getting together and smacking the **** out of the cult. But I think it's going to end with sadness

Also you can get a 25% boost for XP and Money (they don't stack) for free via uplay rewards.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:45 PM   #322
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
The main story is reasonably good and I just saw Phoibe die which made me sad. Also just met my mother, which is nice. I really hope that the story ends with the family getting together and smacking the **** out of the cult. But I think it's going to end with sadness

Also you can get a 25% boost for XP and Money (they don't stack) for free via uplay rewards.
That depends on your choices.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:49 PM   #323
KAC
Lets talk stupid

Really, that little rat died for me too.
Btw, just met the mater and she already wants me to go out and kill some nubs. Wtf?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 03:43 PM   #324
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

coming back from rdr2, but this game still impresses me.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:43 PM   #325
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished the game, have some side quests left to do, will probably just leave them unfinished unless ubi raises the level cap.

I don't really agree with people whining about ubi making the game grindy in order to sell boosters, I think I hit the level cap in chapter 5 or 6, and it wasn't that hard to do if you skyrim the game.

And I honestly don't get why they made the clues for the final cultist so ****ing obvious,.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2018, 01:26 PM   #326
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

What do you mean, if you "Skyrim the game"?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 06:05 PM   #327
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
What do you mean, if you "Skyrim the game"?
He probably means exploring optional areas, doing optional side quests/dungeons and in general not focusing too hard on the primary questline.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2018, 09:23 PM   #328
YellowBeard
is not amused.

Yeah, I haven't even found me mum yet and I'm like level 36 or 37 and countless hours in. Island hopping at the moment to everything that I've overleveled thus far.

Just finished the Pephka Minotaur de Force quest chain.

Old Nov 1, 2018, 09:11 PM   #329
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

**** this game is big. I'm 46hrs into it and I think I'm starting to beat down my incredibly massive list of quests (I wish you could hide the beast quest) and I land on an island that gives me another 10 quests with multiple sub tasks. Maybe I should be taking fewer quests at a time because I forget half of them and lose track.

Delos island has been the best location / quest chain so far. Only I had to redo half of it because the outcome was totally awful.

Right now I'm going to hunt down some cultists because the skills I want are locked behind a spear upgrade.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2018, 09:13 PM   #330
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Megaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badges

How are people playing games like this, these days? You go in smashing the main quest first then move on to Side quests etc... after completion?

I get distracted moving away from the main quests mid game and doing other stuff. I tend to forget what was mentioned during the main quest dialogues then lose all story line..
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote