Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 15, 2018, 08:48 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Default Need new phone, suggestions?

Need a new phone, was given a Windows phone for free and although it still works okay, would like something new, have no allegiances.

What's important to me:
1. Reliability (by far #1)
2. Decent future proof, want to postpone buying a new one for as long as possible
3. Decent battery life
4. Decent camera
5. Cost
6. Weight

Recommendations?

Don't really want the highest end but would still like something decent.

V
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2018, 09:37 PM   #2
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I have been a Google Pixel douchebag since they came out. I love them, not to mention the best cameras.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old Oct 15, 2018, 09:41 PM   #3
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I have been a Google Pixel douchebag since they came out. I love them, not to mention the best cameras.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Google Pixel XL is the worst phone I've ever owned. If not THE worst, it's pretty darn close. Software problems, screen burn in, freezing, app crashes, etc etc.

I'd recommend a Galaxy phone. I used several models of those without the issues I had with the Pixel.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:07 PM   #4
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

1+ for galaxy phones.
The Samsung note 8 is pretty good. I owned one for a year and the software was reliable. The camera on it is more reliable than the one on my note 9.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:32 PM   #5
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
The Google Pixel XL is the worst phone I've ever owned. If not THE worst, it's pretty darn close. Software problems, screen burn in, freezing, app crashes, etc etc.

I'd recommend a Galaxy phone. I used several models of those without the issues I had with the Pixel.
Weird, on my third Pixel (had the Pixel, Pixel XL and now the Pixel 2 XL) -- haven't any of the issues you listed.

Would never go back to Samsung bloatware.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:51 PM   #6
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Samsung bloatware isn't a thing anymore.

That being said, their prices are insane, and despite my Note 9 being the best phone I've ever used, I'd recommend looking at maybe the upcoming OnePlus 6T or the likes. Unless you have a trade in or can sell an old phone, that is.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:53 PM   #7
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Weird, on my third Pixel (had the Pixel, Pixel XL and now the Pixel 2 XL) -- haven't any of the issues you listed.

Would never go back to Samsung bloatware.
I'll grant you the software issues and other things aren't very high on the list of popular things wrong with the Pixel XL. The phone is generally very fast and snappy, especially the maps. However, Pixels are pretty well known for their terrible screen burn in. I didn't escape it.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:13 PM   #8
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

They don't have the best cameras or any other catchy things, but if you are interested in battery life take a look at the Motorola phones (E family). Their phones have been scoring high for battery life.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:01 AM   #9
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Id look at the Pocophone F1 by Xiaomi. Top end SOC at a crazy good price, basically half that of samsung or other major makes with good battery, and I feel all mainstream phones have decent cameras.

I went for the mid range Xiaomi Mi Max 3 for the 7" screen size and uber sized battery but the Poco was #2 on my list for just a little bit more money.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.8.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F23 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. XFX GTR BE RX 480 Cats 18.8.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2018, 08:49 AM   #10
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Motorola's lineup seems pretty solid these days. Couple of my friends have them and love them.

If cost isn't an object...Note 9. I splurged (with covers most of it) and absolutely love this phone. Plan to keep it for a good while.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:03 AM   #11
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Huawei P20 Pro or Honor 10.

I've had P10 for a few years now, 0 issues. Only downside is updates sometimes lag by a few months compared to Google phones but on the other hand the phones themselves are much better - especially optics.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:44 AM   #12
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Motorola's lineup seems pretty solid these days. Couple of my friends have them and love them.
I'm actually looking at one myself. I don't do much with my phone so battery life is something more important to me (and my LG G5 is about 70% after just a few hours of doing nothing).
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:17 PM   #13
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-Pho...70_&dpSrc=srch

Wife and I have one, it's a fantastic phone IMO. Essential has already committed to bringing Android Q to it as well, and they had Android Pie on it the day it was released by Google.

edit: Wow the Halo Grey one on Amazon is only $293. That's a steal.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2018, 03:10 AM   #14
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Samsung bloatware isn't a thing anymore.
It's not?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ation-t3833217

From the lists in this thread, it looks like the usual Samsung pre-installing a bunch of garbage no one asked for.
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 2x 128GB Samsung 830 SSD's | 4TB Hitachi | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 64GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2018, 08:29 AM   #15
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n View Post
It's not?

From the lists in this thread, it looks like the usual Samsung pre-installing a bunch of garbage no one asked for.
Have you seen the lists from older Samsung phones? I have an Unlocked Note 9 and 80% of that stuff wasn't even on my phone, that tells me it's not always Samsung. The rest, the majority I wouldn't even call bloat as a lot of people use them. Those lists are more "purists" who want every single thing they don't use off their phone. Carriers are more to blame for bloat that anything and I disabled a fair share of **** Google tried shoving down my throat as well.

Also, I like how the Note 9 thread takes you to a list for the S8. No wonder I couldn't find half the stuff.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:00 AM   #16
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
It's not?

It's a list of all Samsung pre-load app. There's a lot of useful ones. Samsung pay; Translator, memo etc...
Only a ****ing idiot would gimp their phone like that. The phone isn't designed in the stone ages. The phone has 128GB +6GB it's more enough one can use.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:05 AM   #17
aRandomRobot
Coffee Adict

aRandomRobot is still being judged by the masses

In April I switched over to an iPhone 8 for similar reasons as you listed. It is true that Apple’s software features lag a bit behind Google but they have been pretty good about supporting old iPhones models. I think the only Android equivalent for that kind of support and longevity would be Pixel and Nexues. I’ve exclusively used Android smartphones up until this year and they always seem to turn into slow, overheating, dumpster fires after you install the one major OS version update that you can expect to get for the life of the phone.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:21 PM   #18
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRandomRobot View Post
In April I switched over to an iPhone 8 for similar reasons as you listed. It is true that Apple’s software features lag a bit behind Google but they have been pretty good about supporting old iPhones models. I think the only Android equivalent for that kind of support and longevity would be Pixel and Nexues. I’ve exclusively used Android smartphones up until this year and they always seem to turn into slow, overheating, dumpster fires after you install the one major OS version update that you can expect to get for the life of the phone.
Thankfully not the case on my Essential, and it's gone from Nougat to Oreo to Pie, with Q promised as well. My iPhone 6s+ on the other hand, was exactly that.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 01:38 PM   #19
aRandomRobot
Coffee Adict

aRandomRobot is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Thankfully not the case on my Essential, and it's gone from Nougat to Oreo to Pie, with Q promised as well. My iPhone 6s+ on the other hand, was exactly that.
I’m glad to hear that there are some companies out there doing better now. I had an LG G3 and G4 and the software support was absolutely abysmal, especially for flagship phones. I’ve heard there were a lot of problems with the 6 and 6s on older versions of iOS but iOS 12 seems to be a lot better so far for performance. My sisters-in-law has an iPhone SE and it’s smooth as butter on 12. Whether that kind of support continues is another question but that’s true for Android phone manufacturers also.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 01:38 PM   #20
Athena
Radeon Southern Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Love my Essential, was reading the news post on Yahoo news about Android Pie being released that day and my phone beeped and asked if I wanted to install the Pie update. I was amazed it was that fast and stable. Camera is not the best but not bad, but I only take a hand full of photos a year. I am a gamer, and for that it is a beast, and for the price, I picked it up on Prime day, it was a steal.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:51 AM   #21
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
It's a list of all Samsung pre-load app. There's a lot of useful ones. Samsung pay; Translator, memo etc...
Only a ****ing idiot would gimp their phone like that. The phone isn't designed in the stone ages. The phone has 128GB +6GB it's more enough one can use.
1. What's useful for one person may not be useful for another. I use OneNote, not memo. I don't find NFC payments worthwhile, so I still use my cards... etc etc
2. If I want an app with a specific function, I'll get it in the Play Store.
3. It's one thing to pre-install apps, which is perfectly fine... Unless you don't want them and can't remove them. I believe that's called Shovelware.
4. Uninstalling things you don't want/need is not gimping your phone, it's removing things you don't want/need.

It's no different than when companies pre-install crap like McAfee, one-stop-shop-photo-print-shop, and other garbage on pre-built desktops and laptops. At least those can be removed. Imagine if Dell or Lenovo prevented you from uninstalling their bundled software.

Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 2x 128GB Samsung 830 SSD's | 4TB Hitachi | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 64GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2018, 05:44 AM   #22
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
1. What's useful for one person may not be useful for another. I use OneNote, not memo. I don't find NFC payments worthwhile, so I still use my cards... etc etc
Exactly, but plenty of people do, so what's the issue?

Quote:
It's no different than when companies pre-install crap like McAfee, one-stop-shop-photo-print-shop, and other garbage on pre-built desktops and laptops. At least those can be removed. Imagine if Dell or Lenovo prevented you from uninstalling their bundled software.

Who is saying you can't remove software? Again, what's the problem? If you don't use it, you have the option to disable or remove it. If you do, leave it on there. The point is the phone is powerful enough that it doesn't hinder it in any way to have those things installed. It's not like it was years ago where you'd freeze all sorts of bloatware and see a noticeable change in speed of the phone; it's already blazing fast out of the box. You also don't even need to root them anymore to freeze or remove software.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.

Last edited by ice : Oct 18, 2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 07:13 AM   #23
MangaSpawn64
( o Y o )

MangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

If I had to change right now, I'd go for Oneplus 6t. Although the phone isn't yet released (in 2 weeks) so we don't know about first owner's issues. And it kinda sucks that they removed the audio jack.

It's like unicorns vomiting chocolate rainbows all over me as I float through a lollipop garden on a magic carpet.

"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes. ;-)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:57 AM   #24
0091/2
We Do It!

Quote:
2. If I want an app with a specific function, I'll get it in the Play Store.
3. It's one thing to pre-install apps, which is perfectly fine... Unless you don't want them and can't remove them. I believe that's called Shovelware.
4. Uninstalling things you don't want/need is not gimping your phone, it's removing things you don't want/need.

That's true but by getting rid of memo you lose off screen memo, no? Who likes to unlock their phone every-time to write something?
Samsung pay is not only NFC you can use it with magnetic stripe readers. You lighten your wallet and add security to your purchases. I thought Samsung pay is gonna be gimmicky but I use it on all my purchase, I even use it to swipe myself in my bank ATM. The worst thing about Samsung pay is you have your wallet even if you forgot it.
Those are 2 of many distinguishing features of the note line. Another feature is translation, I rarely use it but the option is there.

Those apps aren't the same as crappy software bundle you mention. Obviously you never use it if group as such.
Anyone who use it once can see the usefulness of it. Removing major features is gimping your phone. It's a really dumb thing to do. The apps don't get in the way and the resources it uses is negligible. More useful to have the option than not. Unused RAM and storage are wasteful. Well, it's not my phone so they can do whatever they want. The reason to remove them isn't very smart but whatever.

Current Desktop [2016]

Last edited by 0091/2 : Oct 18, 2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:38 AM   #25
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
They don't have the best cameras or any other catchy things, but if you are interested in battery life take a look at the Motorola phones (E family). Their phones have been scoring high for battery life.
Just a note, I recently picked up a Moto E5 Plus phone. The phone itself is a little bigger than most phones. It's not Samsung Note size, but larger than my LG G5. It's also heavier. Part of that is due to the enormous batter which is about 5000 mAh. For reference, the Note 9 has a 4000 mAh battery.

Normal use of my phone all day has me between 88-92% battery life at the end of the night. I could go likely two work days between charging if I wanted. I say work days as I play with my phone more during down time on the weekends so I will use more battery then.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 03:19 PM   #26
huskylord
Rogue Killer

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I really like my oneplus 6.
No problems, great camera. Great battery life.
All good.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 04:01 PM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
I really like my oneplus 6.
No problems, great camera. Great battery life.
All good.
The OnePlus 6T that launches tomorrow looks amazing, might be my next phone (next year).
Old Oct 31, 2018, 08:06 PM   #28
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Huawei M20 is out soon too I think.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:07 AM   #29
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Pixel 2 (non-XL). Solid device with at least 3 years of guaranteed OS updates direct from Google.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote