Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:16 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
chadro
[tR3D]kount_n00bula

chadro is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs down Digi-Cam spinoff thread

Why is it that digi cam batteries run down so hard even w/o the LCD display being on?? Another *Q* is what is the best battery (AA) that one can use for long lasting times?
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:22 PM   #2
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Default Re: Digi-Cam spinoff thread

Quote:
Originally posted by chadro
Why is it that digi cam batteries run down so hard even w/o the LCD display being on?? Another *Q* is what is the best battery (AA) that one can use for long lasting times?
I dunno about you but my gf's A80 can run w/o LCD for 14+ hrs (!!). Battery life is highly dependent on camera, usage (flash KILLS batteries) and battery type. If you're using AA, best battery you could get is a rechargeable Ni-Cd or Li-ion 2000+mA cells from Radio Shack or other electronic stores.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:27 PM   #3
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird sings

I suggest the Energizer Lithium NON-Rechargeable batteries.

They are about $8 for a four pack, but I think it's very much worth it. They last about five times longer than a fully charged Lithium rechargable battery... And about a hundred times longer than a regular AA battery.

Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:27 PM   #4
scottweil4nd
Radeon Sea Islands

scottweil4nd is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Crawdaddy79
I suggest the Energizer Lithium NON-Rechargeable batteries.

They are about $8 for a four pack, but I think it's very much worth it. They last about five times longer than a fully charged Lithium rechargable battery... And about a hundred times longer than a regular AA battery.

yep those are winners
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:42 PM   #5
Xander
Naval | Gamer

Xander is still being judged by the masses

These are the longest lasting rechargable AAs I've found. At only $15 a pack, it pays to have 3 packs, IMHO. Since it's rechargable, that in itial $45 investment is all you'll ever pay for them (at least, for a very, very long time).

As to usage...well, we just got back from our vacation. I don't use flash (I HATE what it does to pictures....oh, yeah, and it eats up battery about 10x as fast as not), and DO use the LCD. Took something like 100 photos a day or so, along with the typical TON of possible shot line-ups and extra shots I didn't keep. Anyway, batteries lasted me a couple days per set.

(Or, from here for $12.99 - but I've not ordered from this vendor before)

Last edited by Xander : Jun 16, 2004 at 12:47 PM.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 01:47 PM   #6
gmontem
Rage3D Veteran

gmontem is still being judged by the masses

Also using a microdrive will use more battery juice than a solid state CF card.
gmontem is offline   Reply With Quote