Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Home Theaters and Photography
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Theaters and Photography Discussion forum for Home Theater enthusiasts and newbies. Also the place to discuss and post your photography ventures and queries.

Old Jul 27, 2017, 01:47 PM   #12901
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
Uh, pictures shown in rapid succession, with vibrations coming out of the round bits of the puter.
Nice!
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2017, 02:31 PM   #12902
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
The sensor isn't half bad, but the aperture is locked to 2.8 so you really have to be careful about your shots and keeping exposure consistent. It's not 4k, but the 2.7k gives a little bit of wiggle room for additional stabilization and horizon correction. Has me itching for a mavic pro though, as hauling a huge case to the beach is not very fun.
Still shoots better than the baby spark IMO.

Heres video right off the card with no post and some stock garbage youtube song added. In LA

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2017, 05:38 PM   #12903
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

The spark got gimped big time, though I am guessing it was to protect the mavic from prosumer users just buying the spark.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 27, 2017, 07:14 PM   #12904
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
The spark got gimped big time, though I am guessing it was to protect the mavic from prosumer users just buying the spark.
Indeed. It has basically the same sensor as the mavic but doesnt shoot anything higher than 1080p and doesnt do raw photos. Its perfect for me though as I dont do any real production work and its small as hell for a drone. The Phantom 3 is a better deal but its big as hell and theres no way I would lug that big thing around. The mavic is the perfect compromise but I cant justify paying 1k for a drone that wont make me any money Money no object Mavic is the best fit. I am pretty happy with the spark though but it sucks I live in a city so pretty much any real flying is off limits unless I go way out of the city.

Old Aug 4, 2017, 04:11 PM   #12905
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Tried my hand with a wasp (live and agitated lol) today. These came out halfway decent in spite of camera shake and not being able to focus the entire body. I'm guessing his rapidly fanning his wings was a warning to stay away...

I was about 4' away at 300mm with macro enabled...

Old Aug 4, 2017, 05:21 PM   #12906
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quick tip for insects, they know you are there by body heat, by vastly more by CO2.
Hold your breath as much as you can and make a point to exhale to the side and downwind...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2017, 05:33 PM   #12907
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Quick tip for insects, they know you are there by body heat, by vastly more by CO2.
Hold your breath as much as you can and make a point to exhale to the side and downwind...
Thanks MG. This dude was super aggressive no matter where I stood. Click twice/dodge/focus/click/dodge lol.

I'm trying to determine exactly what it is as I don't want the dogs or kids tangling with them in our yard. Little dude was just too mean. If they're stingers, I have to find the nest and kill it and will end up with a specimen I can do a proper shoot on, with tripod/remote etc.

Sounds distasteful, but if it will keep the kids and dogs from getting hurt....
Old Aug 4, 2017, 06:19 PM   #12908
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Mydas fly. No stingers, basically harmless, except for the fact they get BIG, like 3 inches big. They mimic wasps with the stinging action to ward off predators.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2017, 06:46 PM   #12909
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Mydas fly. No stingers, basically harmless, except for the fact they get BIG, like 3 inches big. They mimic wasps with the stinging action to ward off predators.
Yep - a gent on BugGuide.net just ID it for me.

http://bugoftheweek.com/blog/2015/7/...ydas-clavatusi

The mimicry worked well on me.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 06:58 PM   #12910
Lazy8s
One day at a time

One more - a little fuzzy, but I like it.

Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:29 PM   #12911
logical
What is my purpose?

Default Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!

Snorkel spot pano

Last edited by logical : Aug 5, 2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 08:28 AM   #12912
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Snorkel spot pano

I want to be there!

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2017, 09:53 AM   #12913
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Good stuff Lazy8s!
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2017, 06:10 PM   #12914
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Thanks Mahjik - learning

Got a few more shots today, but the shoulder is tender today, no holding it steady, so nothing really worth posting.

I am loving this as a hobby though. As silly as it might sound, hunting for bugs/assorted wildlife to shoot brings back some of that "little kid" excitement I think I lost over the years. Very therapeutic. I never thought I'd be flipping things over looking for bugs at my age.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 06:11 PM   #12915
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I want to be there!
For sure! Where is that logical? Gorgeous!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 07:18 PM   #12916
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
For sure! Where is that logical? Gorgeous!

Kauai, Hawaii. Got some more pictures from a helicopter ride over the island but those will come later.

Old Aug 11, 2017, 05:50 PM   #12917
dodger
Doggy

dodger is still being judged by the masses

Small sample of a week long tour bus trip of the mid-west.

dodger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:00 AM   #12918
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Great shots dodger!

Playing my inner bug guy again and still playing with manual settings. Not too shabby though.

This dude was facing me when I first composed the shot, then spun around, gave me a chance at one shot.

This guy was mine for the shooting. Looks like something bit off part of his left wing(s)

Old Aug 12, 2017, 02:12 PM   #12919
logical
What is my purpose?

mount waialeale, one of the wettest spots on earth

Hanalei Bay

Na Pali Coast line

Queens Bath

Old Aug 12, 2017, 02:41 PM   #12920
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I have to go there, no other option lol. Beautiful pics logical.

The wife and I really need a good get away next spring and man is that just gorgeous.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 04:55 AM   #12921
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

beautiful!

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old Aug 13, 2017, 04:57 AM   #12922
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

new grill

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old Aug 13, 2017, 05:08 PM   #12923
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
new grill

That's my next grill, or similar. My parents have had 2 grills over the last 30 or so years, both Webers.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 05:20 PM   #12924
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
mount waialeale, one of the wettest spots on earth

Hanalei Bay

Na Pali Coast line

I used to live there. In Kapa'a for a long time. A couple years by Lihue.

Did you spend any time at Lydgate? Or Tunnels? Or get a visit in at Barking Sands? The bird sanctuary and lighthouse by Kilauea? Or Secret Beach? Is that beach still a nudist beach?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 05:58 PM   #12925
logical
What is my purpose?

Went to tunnels and light house and pretty much the whole island. Secret beach is still nude but not really a secret and I didn't go there. Kapaa is my least favorite area.

Old Aug 13, 2017, 06:12 PM   #12926
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Went to tunnels and light house and pretty much the whole island. Secret beach is still nude but not really a secret and I didn't go there. Kapaa is my least favorite area.
That's disappointing to hear about Kapaa but not exactly a huge surprise. I'm glad you got a chance to visit Mt. Waialeale and I'm guessing Waimea Canyon. Your Hanalei Bay and Na Pali Coast pics are gorgeous. I wanna go back.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Aug 13, 2017, 06:13 PM   #12927
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Got a chance to spend some time in the mountains yesterday. Went to Guanella Pass and got a few pics. It's hard to capture the size and scale of the place in pictures though. It doesn't do it justice.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Aug 13, 2017, 09:46 PM   #12928
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Loving the landscapes! Nice shots shrike.

I just took this and had to post it. This is barely retouched, little guy is sitting on the lower, middle pane of glass on my side door. I have absolutely no idea why it came out the way it did, but I'm loving the whole outer space look.

Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:25 AM   #12929
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Loving the landscapes! Nice shots shrike
Thank you! I really wish it was easier to take a picture that captured the scale and size of these things. These mountains felt like they went on forever. The sheer scale of it was overwhelming to be standing in the middle and see it all around.

Oh and that moth looks like something from outer space wearing a snow parka.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Aug 14, 2017, 01:17 PM   #12930
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Thank you! I really wish it was easier to take a picture that captured the scale and size of these things. These mountains felt like they went on forever. The sheer scale of it was overwhelming to be standing in the middle and see it all around.

Oh and that moth looks like something from outer space wearing a snow parka.
I love seeing landscapes like that. Brings back a lot of really fond memories. Looking forward to more from you gents if you have em.