Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:40 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default It's getting real in China.

This has been going on since summer of last year, but now things are about to give out.

BIG swings in the Chinese stockmarket are par for the course. But even by its wild standards, the alacrity of its latest crash was stunning. Just 13 minutes into trading on Thursday, the CSI 300 index of blue-chip stocks fell 5%, triggering the first circuit-breaker: a 15-minute pause for traders to supposedly regain their cool. When the action resumed, it lasted all of one minute before the second and final circuit-breaker was hit: the CSI 300 fell 7%, which necessitated a closure of the market for the rest of day. Trading, in other words, lasted all of 14 minutes before being halted.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freee...en-stockmarket

First Monday was a freefall (and in the US) and now today. China is desperately trying to keep their people from selling their shares. Of course they've been playing wildly for some time (lofty valuations).

Take advantage of the sale gentlemen. Then hold on.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 01:14 PM   #2
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Oil hasn't hit rock bottom yet. I'll wait. Once it hits $15/BARREL US BUY BUY BUY BUY!
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 01:21 PM   #3
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Raz....so we should ride out the 401K sh*t storm that's hitting due to the stock market?
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 7, 2016, 01:30 PM   #4
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermann View Post
Raz....so we should ride out the 401K sh*t storm that's hitting due to the stock market?
I would just keep dumping money in personally. None of this matters until I'm 70 anyway, and I probably won't make it that long. If I do, I hope it's something I can live off of.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 01:35 PM   #5
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I would just keep dumping money in personally. None of this matters until I'm 70 anyway, and I probably won't make it that long. If I do, I hope it's something I can live off of.
I'm not going to stop because its necessary to retire now days but the freaking 3-5 good years then you lose those gains in 1 year then back and forth again doesn't keep the money growing. Basically all were doing now is not trying to lose what we stick in vs growing our portfolio like the last generation. Freaking frustrating.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 01:48 PM   #6
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I'm not going to stop because its necessary to retire now days but the freaking 3-5 good years then you lose those gains in 1 year then back and forth again doesn't keep the money growing. Basically all were doing now is not trying to lose what we stick in vs growing our portfolio like the last generation. Freaking frustrating.
I hear ya. Next year I'll be 40 so I feel the pressure is on to make sure I have something decent. I figure I have another 30 years of earning and accumulating. I'm on track to save 50% of my income by 2021 so maybe I can stop a few years before 70. But I just see myself retiring.

The Obama years have had a good run, but we've been overdue for a correction. But you never know. The year could end up 40%. It's those down years when people lose their focus. We have to face the facts we don't have the same markets our parents/grandparents did. The 80's and 90's are gone . We'll never see those returns achieved in those 20 years. Furthermore, if you bought bonds, that was returning over 6% easy. Savings accounts paid 3-4%. Those days are over. With our generations 0-2% returns on bonds and savings accounts, forget it.

I was talking to a friend yesterday about "the markets". He hasn't been in since he got whacked in 2008 (when I first even started saving). It was a nice chunk of change he lost, but I was just starting to accumulate so the 40% drop in stocks didn't matter to me. He sold in 2008 and never got back in, thus locking in his loses. He just saves cash and buys government bonds now. To each his own. He just didn't have the nerves or patience or foresight to see that money isn't needed until you actually retire.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 09:44 PM   #7
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

China has been lying about is economy for some time now. The west as export market is basically tapped out so they started massive infrastructure programs and hoping their internal economy could provide another uplift save the fact wages are so low theres basically no internal demand. So factory orders have been flat to now dropping.

Between having very mature economies to the technical revolution pushing evermore underemployment and stagnant incomes its no wonder basic commodities are cratering.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.1.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.1.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 09:52 PM   #8
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's good to see them shut down the market when it drops by so much imo, panic sellers suck.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:00 PM   #9
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
It's good to see them shut down the market when it drops by so much imo, panic sellers suck.
Must suck for those traders who rely on shorting and get shut down like this.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:19 PM   #10
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
Must suck for those traders who rely on shorting and get shut down like this.
I love it when those shitheads get burned.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:50 PM   #11
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I think China was dumb to try to support their stock market in the first place. If a market is overvalued and tries to correct, no government has the resources to prop it up. They should have done more to try to prevent the bubble from forming in the first place.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:51 PM   #12
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
The thinking now is the circuit breakers might actually be making things worse. Since there is no option to trade later in the day, everyone is putting in sell orders to try to get out ASAP each day.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:23 PM   #13
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Damn Economics professors on rage3d. How about speaking a language we can all understand. Raz's last lecture was on how it is important to have money. I could digest that after a couple hours, but this is just too much. Baby steps fellas.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:37 AM   #14
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
How about speaking a language we can all understand.
China has been inflating their economy by building constantly without need (entire cities with no one living in them), they don't export goods to US/EU as much and essentially they have no growth which means their stock market is taking a nose dive thanks partially due to global recession.

China needs massive economic growth to a) prevent their stocks from plummeting (which is happening now) b) prevent mass unemployment and internal conflicts.

And shorting is essentially selling stock that you do not own (by borrowing them from someone else) and re-buying them later on with the hope that their value has decreased since you sold them. Thus you make a profit. If the stock prices rise, well - the jokes on you.

And Razeus is unhappy because he can't simply put money in the bank and get good interest rates on it.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:53 AM   #15
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

By no growth, you mean money is not pumped into the Chinese economy? How are they able to build the ghost cities then?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:20 AM   #16
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
By no growth, you mean money is not pumped into the Chinese economy? How are they able to build the ghost cities then?
Loans.

Loans on stocks for margin acquisition.

Now that the stocks are falling, a LOT of people will loose
all of their money as, usually, trading tools will automatically
bump you out when your margin call brings you to 0$...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:54 PM   #17
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post

And Razeus is unhappy because he can't simply put money in the bank and get good interest rates on it.
Now I know when my elders talk about the good old days.

http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar...histretSP.html

As you can see(my link, not the chart) the 80's-90's was a once in a lifetime event. Only 2 down years of less than 4% and they were minimal. Even with an allocation to 10 year bonds you probably broke even those years anyway.

From 2000 on, it's been littered without severe downturns, especially in 2001-2003 and 2008. 10 year bonds didn't do their job to cushion the freefall. The Obama era hasn't had a down year yet, but the returns haven't been anything close to the "good ol' days".

Last edited by Razeus : Jan 8, 2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 01:04 PM   #18
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
And shorting is essentially selling stock that you do not own (by borrowing them from someone else) and re-buying them later on
I still don't understand that
Old Jan 8, 2016, 01:24 PM   #19
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Let's imagine you have a friend who owns stocks in a company called Scam Ltd. - let's call him Bob.

- You now loan 1000 shares of company Scam Ltd. from Bob. Each of these shares is worth 5$, hence the full value of the stocks you borrowed from Bob is 5000$.
- You sell the stock for 5000$ because you've heard that Scam Ltd. is going to release really bad quarterly results and their stock will plummet to, say 2.5$ (hence you are "short" the 1000 shares you just sold, that is really owned by Bob).
- You buy back the stock once the value has decreased to 2.5$ - thus you just made 2.5$ profit per share - not including fees, commissions and interest. You can now give Bob back the shares and netted yourself some money.

If, for some reason, the value of those shares will rise instead of drop - you will make a loss if Bob decides he wants the shares back right now.

Edit:
And I'm really bad at explaining things.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 01:34 PM   #20
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Edit:
And I'm really bad at explaining things.
I think you just explained that quite well; thank you!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 01:38 PM   #21
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Also remember, if you buying (long), your worst case scenario is that value goes to zero

If you are shorting, you are potentially exposed to infinity
huskylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 01:57 PM   #22
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Somehow my dad has only lost on his 401K one year since his divorce in 2007 and that was 2013 or 2014 because he made some aggressive moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I love it when those shitheads get burned.
I don't, because if I win powerball I will be one of those shitheads
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 02:10 PM   #23
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Hint: Don't be this guy.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hel...556-2015-11-19

His name is Joe Campbell, and he claims he went to bed Wednesday evening with some $37,000 in his trading account at E-Trade. One notable development on the pharma front later, and Campbell woke up to a debt of $106,445.56. Now, he may end up liquidating his 401(k). And his wife’s.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 02:19 PM   #24
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Hint: Don't be this guy.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hel...556-2015-11-19

His name is Joe Campbell, and he claims he went to bed Wednesday evening with some $37,000 in his trading account at E-Trade. One notable development on the pharma front later, and Campbell woke up to a debt of $106,445.56. Now, he may end up liquidating his 401(k). And his wife’s.
Haha, I have no sympathy for that guy. Can't believe people actually donated to his sorry ass... Actually, I can, but I will never understand the pity party for this crap.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 02:37 PM   #25
Jay20016
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX70 View Post
Haha, I have no sympathy for that guy. Can't believe people actually donated to his sorry ass... Actually, I can, but I will never understand the pity party for this crap.
Worse of all, that none of the money actually exists.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 03:09 PM   #26
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

The problem with Chinas market is that it's built on absolutely nothing but lies by government reports and completely overvalued, and now the chickens are coming home to roost (plus with factories in China modernizing/developing the slave labor costs they used to be able to no longer apply as much and they are starting to move them to other still third world countries that have slave labor).
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 03:19 PM   #27
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
I think you just explained that quite well; thank you!
Buy now, pay later. But stocks.

So you buy stock at 5$, but are allowed to pay later when the stock reaches 2.5$
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 03:43 PM   #28
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I think China was dumb to try to support their stock market in the first place. If a market is overvalued and tries to correct, no government has the resources to prop it up. They should have done more to try to prevent the bubble from forming in the first place.
What do you think we did in the west? Except for Iceland we printed trillions and pumped up the market. The real economy didnt double since 2008 but the market did. How bubbled up are we?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.1.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.1.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2016, 06:02 PM   #29
Nagorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
What do you think we did in the west? Except for Iceland we printed trillions and pumped up the market. The real economy didnt double since 2008 but the market did. How bubbled up are we?
It looks like the Chinese market actually isn't that expensive anymore. Last year it was way overvalued, but since then it's dropped from 5000 down to 3000 or so. So, the situation doesn't look quite as bad at this point. Considering its China and some of the numbers there are suspect, you could argue that their stocks should still be cheaper, but it's not outrageous like it was mid last year. I'd say that China has bigger problems than its stock market though.

FWIW, U.S. stocks are also expensive, in my opinion.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 06:29 PM   #30
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Seeing all these suckers get burned reminds me of Matthew McConaughey in this scene. He knows what's up. He knows it's all bullshit. It's all fake money. Especially at the 1:45 onward mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote