Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:16 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
chadro
[tR3D]kount_n00bula

chadro is still being judged by the masses

Default New Virus outbreak?

There has been 3 cases of a "virus" in the past few days where IE would shut itself down after double clicking the program. We had a phone call today and pc that came in yesterday and my co-workers moms pc is doing it too. Anyone know of this?
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:51 PM   #2
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

There's no such thing as a "new outbreak" really when you consider we're under a constant barrage of new varients of existing buggies everyday. Malware is changing daily to attempt to thwart the various protections in place that more and more users are deploying. But yes, you could be affected by various current popular bugs that are fully in circulation right now. The exact number at any given time is tough to say, but usually you can find the security warnings for anything new at your various AV sites.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 09:56 PM   #3
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

you know, the it guys at my workplace are sooo good, that all the computers got infected through a backdoor in the telephony software, the system was down for 2 days and still a little unstable, all because they are too lazy to keep the computer updated, and they blamed it on everyone who used the internet, classic the company lost a bunch of money i bet
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:07 PM   #4
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I know there was a new Day 0 IE exploit being used last week. You may have been unlucky enough to get hit by that.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:14 PM   #5
chadro
[tR3D]kount_n00bula

chadro is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I know there was a new Day 0 IE exploit being used last week. You may have been unlucky enough to get hit by that.
well me personally i havnt got hit by it , but the machines that come in the store have. I dont use IE so it will neVar get me , arrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:14 PM   #6
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Does that affect version 7 too?
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote