Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 22, 2020, 02:53 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Official Thread: Coronavirus "COVID-19"

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuha...re-city-2020-1

Wuhan, China, is about to be quarantined as the coronavirus outbreak grows. The city has 3 million more residents than New York City.

Quote:
On Wednesday, local disease-control authorities in Wuhan issued an order to quarantine the city, which is slated to go into effect at 10 a.m. local time on Thursday. The order stops all public transportation, including city buses, trains, and ferries. It also prevents any buses or trains from coming into or leaving the city and grounds all planes at the Wuhan airport.

According to Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO), this move will help Chinese authorities control the outbreak in the country as well as stop the spread of the Wuhan coronavirus to other countries.

"What they're doing is a very, very strong measure," Ghebreyesus said in a WHO press conference on Wednesday afternoon.
That's a very bold step, when was the last time an entire city was quarantined?

It's like they aren't letting on how bad it really is.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 02:55 PM   #2
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It's been confirmed in Washington state too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/h...ronavirus.html

No one needs this ****
Old Jan 22, 2020, 03:03 PM   #3
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Activate ebola protocol:

Stop eating carbs.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 22, 2020, 03:07 PM   #4
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 05:19 PM   #5
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
It's been confirmed in Washington state too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/h...ronavirus.html

No one needs this ****
Guess where I live?

Guess where my wife works?

FML
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 05:27 PM   #6
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
That's a very bold step, when was the last time an entire city was quarantined?

I..... can't think of one? Certainly it's never happened to a city anywhere near this big, at least.

Honestly, though, good. I'm glad they're taking containing the spread of it seriously. I hope the quarantine doesn't have to last for long and this doesn't lead to problems with people getting food, treatment, or other necessities. China has a bit of a history with understating medical issues, and it's good to see more decisive steps being taken. Since we don't really know how bad the virus can be, keeping it contained is sort of the best we can hope for if it has real epidemic potential.

From the initial stuff I've seen, it certainly doesn't seem to be as deadly or virulent as ebola (a very good thing), but it certainly doesn't have to be to cause major problems in population centers. It's spread a bit around the globe, but hopefully this kind of action will encourage others to screen and seek treatment if they show symptoms to limit the spread elsewhere.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 06:43 PM   #7
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

3% mortality rate is not good, but it's not Spanish Flu levels (10-20%)

Quarantining an entire city is scary in this day and age. Hopefully it can be contained.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 08:14 AM   #8
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Getting worse.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1ZM087

China orders 'unprecedented' lockdown of two cities at virus epicenter

Quote:
Most transport in Wuhan, a city of 11 million people, was suspended on Thursday morning and people were told not to leave. Hours later, neighboring Huanggang, a city of about 7 million people, announced a similar lockdown.

“The lockdown of 11 million people is unprecedented in public health history, so it is certainly not a recommendation the WHO has made,” Gauden Galea, the World Health Organization’s representative in Beijing, told Reuters.

The way things are snowballing we are going to find out the infection rate is much worse then they have been telling people and or the death rate.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 08:52 AM   #9
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yeah, this is worrying. I wouldn't be surprised if China is hiding stuff and when it comes out claims they didn't notice that...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 09:53 AM   #10
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Chinese Racoon city?
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2020, 09:18 PM   #11
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
China is making this **** sound scary as ****.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:57 PM   #12
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Currently flying through asia. Brb.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Old Feb 3, 2020, 01:09 PM   #13
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

They really need a better name than "that coronavirus from Wuhan, China" because everyone else gets cool stuff like MERS or SARS.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2020, 01:17 PM   #14
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
They really need a better name than "that coronavirus from Wuhan, China" because everyone else gets cool stuff like MERS or SARS.
They do, but Kung Flu and Hong Kong Fluey may come off as a bit racist today
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2020, 01:35 PM   #15
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Associated Press

· A man in the Philippines has become the first person to die of the Wuhan coronavirus outside of China.

· The victim, a 44-year-old man, died on Saturday in Manila. He had travelled to the Philippines from Wuhan.

· He experienced a "fever, cough & sore throat" before being admitted to hospital, according to the World Health Organization.

· Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

A man in the Philippines has died of the Wuhan coronavirus, the first confirmed fatality outside of China.

The victim was a 44-year-old man, according to the World Health Organization's Philippines branch, who posted the news on Twitter Sunday morning.

"A 44-year-old male is confirmed as the second person with the 2019 novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019-nCoV) in the Philippines. He passed away on 1 February 2020," the WHO said.

"The 44-year-old male experienced fever, cough & sore throat before being admitted at San Lazaro Hospital," the WHO said in a second tweet.

The man, and a 38-year-old Chinese woman travelling with him, were the only two confirmed cases in the country, the Philippines Department of Health said in a press conference on Sunday.

They arrived together from Wuhan, the epicenter of the outbreak, via Hong Kong.

"This is the first reported death outside China. However, we need to take into mind that this is not a locally acquired case. This patient came from the epicenter of this outbreak," Rabindra undefined, WHO representative to the Philippines, said at the press conference.

On Sunday, the country's president, Rodrigo Duterte, banned anyone coming to the country from China who wasn't Filipino.

The total death toll now stands at more than 300, with 14,380 infections across 24 countries.

China's National Health Commission (NHC) issued new regulations Saturday stating that all victims who succumb to the virus in China must be cremated at the nearest facility.

"No farewell ceremonies or other funeral activities involving the corpse shall be held," the NHC announcement reads.

(That puts it at about 2.1% death rate with now) 2 out of ever 100 is not bad odds. Still I would not want to bet my life on those as it is my life)

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2020, 02:47 PM   #16
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
They do, but Kung Flu and Hong Kong Fluey may come off as a bit racist today
Egg Flu Yong?
Flu Manchu?
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2020, 02:58 PM   #17
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I wanted to take my daughters out for Chinese food and they wouldn't because of this thing.

Get a grip world!
Old Feb 10, 2020, 06:19 PM   #18
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I agree it's way higher than 40k. You really think every case in mainland China is being recorded?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old Feb 10, 2020, 06:24 PM   #19
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I agree it's way higher than 40k. You really think every case in mainland China is being recorded?

Exactly. We may not know the exact numbers, but they have to be higher than what we are being spoon fed.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2020, 06:32 PM   #20
Koenig
He wo hitte

Koenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

I agree it may be higher but what Clave isnt telling you is that he believes the death count is already 100k+. The two of us have already discussed this outside of Rage but he is taking any fringe story and giving it more credence than trustworthy agencies.

屁をひつて尻窄め "Breaking wind, closing buttocks" - Japanese Proverb

www.angelman.org
www.cureangelman.org
Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2020, 06:41 PM   #21
Koenig
He wo hitte

Koenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete stranger

Official death toll is now over 1000.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/c...bff36fb737e592

www.angelman.org
www.cureangelman.org
Old Feb 10, 2020, 06:55 PM   #22
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Keonig likes to bring private conversations and make them public (I will take this into consideration for any further conversations) so let me set this record straight; that is a lie and not what I said and I would appreciate it if you didn't assume what people are thinking. What I actually said was I believe over 100k are infected but I do believe the actual dead are much higher, but not in the 100k range. Learn to comprehend what you read and not what you think you read.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Feb 10, 2020 at 07:06 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 07:32 PM   #23
Koenig
He wo hitte

I'm sorry. You were right. I got the numbers wrong. It was 100k+ infected and 24k-25k dead.

www.angelman.org
www.cureangelman.org
Old Feb 10, 2020, 07:54 PM   #24
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
I'm sorry. You were right. I got the numbers wrong. It was 100k+ infected and 24k-25k dead.

Old Feb 10, 2020, 06:29 PM   #25
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

I have 3 mainlanders on my team -- they live in Canada now but all three say 40k is laughable. China is so dense in any city things like this spread like wildfire and it's bad press...so these numbers are ultra conservative.

Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:05 AM   #26
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Have you been to China or India?

Old Feb 16, 2020, 04:42 PM   #27
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Brother headed home after his self imposed quarantine of 2 weeks.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2020, 08:22 PM   #28
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Nearly 750 people in Washington now under supervision for coronavirus
https://www.khq.com/news/nearly-peop...a103af7b5.html
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2020, 08:48 PM   #29
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Yikes!
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2020, 09:54 AM   #30
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Have you been to China or India?
Nope, pass.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote