Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 11, 2019, 08:02 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

You can order it directly from Logitech (at least in the U.S.), and when you add it to the cart, the cart shows that it is in stock.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2019, 08:35 PM   #32
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
You can order it directly from Logitech (at least in the U.S.), and when you add it to the cart, the cart shows that it is in stock.
That just happened which is good news, this afternoon when I ordered it was stated as pre-order.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2019, 09:15 PM   #33
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Oh man I miss my 518. I programmed the button below the mousewheel to be my screenshot button. I've been using a 500s for a while but the buttons are sticking, and have been dealing with that for about two years. I had to rid myself of the 518 for the same reason.

This whole thread is great news. Newegg has it listed currently, but I would buy from Logitech directly if they have it in stock.

In fact, why would I delay? I need a mouse, and this one is the one I want. **** it.

(3 minutes later)

It's in processing from Logitech. Free shipping; should be delivered Friday, no later than Monday. I'm almost giddy about this. God damn I'm a nerd.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 12, 2019, 01:38 AM   #34
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Good Question, I think some already shipped as Amazon had them in stock for a few days but now states they dont know when they will get more. So yea who knows at this point, I was surprised when it still stated pre-order.
I wouldn't trust the reviews on amazon saying they have bought and received one. Logitech has yet to announce a release date, and they have it listed as pre-order only. No way in hell amazon is going to have it for sale before it is available on their own site first.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2019, 01:41 AM   #35
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
That just happened which is good news, this afternoon when I ordered it was stated as pre-order.
Must have just happened a few hours ago, because i checked earlier today. Hmm will have to check it agsin when i get home from work .. (working graveyard this fine evening)

Edit:. Yep, it now shows as available. .. (decided to order iy from my phone instead of waiting for morning ).

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 12, 2019 at 02:09 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 07:50 AM   #36
Nascar24

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Must have just happened a few hours ago, because i checked earlier today. Hmm will have to check it agsin when i get home from work .. (working graveyard this fine evening)

Edit:. Yep, it now shows as available. .. (decided to order iy from my phone instead of waiting for morning ).
Mine has shipped and stated for a Thursday delivery. Here's hoping this mouse will be the last for me for a good while!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:18 AM   #37
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Mine has shipped and stated for a Thursday delivery. Here's hoping this mouse will be the last for me for a good while!
mine says the same thing, got the email late last night, surprised me since I just ordered it with the free shipping option (4 to 7 day delivery.. can't beat that it will be here much sooner)

If It is as good or better than the original, I will order one for my son, and maybe a back up, just in case it ends up being a limited available mouse.

Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:57 AM   #38
Nascar24

Quote:
mine says the same thing, got the email late last night, surprised me since I just ordered it with the free shipping option (4 to 7 day delivery.. can't beat that it will be here much sooner)

If It is as good or better than the original, I will order one for my son, and maybe a back up, just in case it ends up being a limited available mouse.
Never had the original so I'm hoping it will be much more comfortable then the last several years of mice I have bought.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 03:10 PM   #39
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Never had the original so I'm hoping it will be much more comfortable then the last several years of mice I have bought.
So much for getting it early. My delivery date has been changed from March 14 to March 19.

Old Mar 13, 2019, 03:29 PM   #40
Nascar24

Quote:
So much for getting it early. My delivery date has been changed from March 14 to March 19.
So it didn't ship? I already got notification from UPS that its coming tomorrow.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 05:48 PM   #41
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Still showing as ready to ship here. Delivery says tomorrow, but best I can tell, no truck has picked it up from Logitech.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 01:32 AM   #42
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
So it didn't ship? I already got notification from UPS that its coming tomorrow.
It was shipped, the first email said expected delivery Thursday March 14 when I clicked on the link. But then I went and checked it again earlier today, it changed to Tuesday March 19, but it said it was waiting for the carrier to pick it up. Just looked again, and now it says Wednesday March 20, and it departed Memphis TN. I went for the free shipping, so it is still within the 4 to 7 day.

Old Mar 14, 2019, 03:22 PM   #43
Nascar24

So UPS states its been delivered, if you want a free mouse its on my porch.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 03:50 PM   #44
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
So UPS states its been delivered, if you want a free mouse its on my porch.

Give us feedback once you play around with it please. Other's may be interested, and I just want to know how it works, all though I have one coming.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 14, 2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 06:00 PM   #45
Nascar24

So got it installed after a few hiccups, First I had to get rid of my Corsair iCue software that didnt want to go. Uninstalled and it still wanted to run at startup so I had to kill the service and restart, and manually delete it. Second problem was my Logitech G software didnt recognize it, not a big deal after updating to the Oct 2018 Release all was good. Tried to install the new Logitech G hub and that went no where fast. Hit install a few times and nothing happened. Gave up on that idea After getting my G software up and working I was able to set the DPI to what I wanted. No idea how anyone would use 16000 Im set to 3000DPI and it still feels like it might be set to fast for my desktop use. Feels pretty comfortable in the hand. And it is very responsive as it should be with the Hero sensor. This should be a keeper. Not sure how long the wire will last as it seems on the thin side, You probably dont want to pull on it much. And by all means hide it from a Cat that likes to chew on this type of wire. Mine has ruined several keyboad and mouse combos. Other then that it seems like a keeper.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 09:26 PM   #46
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
So got it installed after a few hiccups, First I had to get rid of my Corsair iCue software that didnt want to go. Uninstalled and it still wanted to run at startup so I had to kill the service and restart, and manually delete it. Second problem was my Logitech G software didnt recognize it, not a big deal after updating to the Oct 2018 Release all was good. Tried to install the new Logitech G hub and that went no where fast. Hit install a few times and nothing happened. Gave up on that idea After getting my G software up and working I was able to set the DPI to what I wanted. No idea how anyone would use 16000 Im set to 3000DPI and it still feels like it might be set to fast for my desktop use. Feels pretty comfortable in the hand. And it is very responsive as it should be with the Hero sensor. This should be a keeper. Not sure how long the wire will last as it seems on the thin side, You probably dont want to pull on it much. And by all means hide it from a Cat that likes to chew on this type of wire. Mine has ruined several keyboad and mouse combos. Other then that it seems like a keeper.

I hope the wire isn't to bad, that is how I ended the life of my original MX518, wore out the cord before the mouse itself (other than having to replace the glide feet). LOL.

I actually run my mice at 800dpi. I use to run it higher, but my son showed me that lower is better for aiming in fps games.. and once you get use to it, he is right. Easier to aim and get on target when the mouse isn't set so high. (he runs his at 400 dpi) Gaming mice/higher dpi sensors, all though having it set at such a lower speed is much more accurate than standard mice sensors.

Old Mar 15, 2019, 07:56 PM   #47
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Mine arrived today. Installed it and seems a lot heavier on the customization than I'll ever need.

The feel of the mouse, the clickyclicky responsiveness is what I missed most. The natural placement of the 'back' button. They nailed it.

If you look at it from the front, it looks grey. If you look at it from the back, it looks black.

The thin cord isn't a worry to me (yet). I like that it's very light and flexible, and doesn't fight your movements.

Only game I've played with it so far is DMC 5. It works great.